Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 10:47 AM   #241
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by ice
Out of curiosity, whens the paris auto show where they unveil it to the public?

Google it! :roll:

Took me 30 sec to find it out, but you can do it yourself!

EDIT: Once again I didn't read all the posts after I found one stuid one, so I guess you didn't need to google.. But next time, please don't ask questions like these without searching!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:39 PM   #242
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

RC45, if you can't see why a 360 is a better car, think of it this way:

Imagine Ferrari is a Pfizer prescription medicine... a Corvette is an Indian Generic drug based on the Pfizer medicine... The generic drug may be just as good, but which one would you choose?

And, btw, I thought this thread is about the 430.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #243
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
It's not a feeling - it is fact - Everytime I come across a Porsche TT on the street, it is a run for the money and the TT puts up a good fight and may runa way at the top etc etc.

Every 360 I come across ends up 10 bus lengths back and has been piloted by a Starbucks refugee...

Imagine Ferrari is a Pfizer prescription medicine... a Corvette is an Indian Generic drug based on the Pfizer medicine... The generic drug may be just as good, but which one would you choose?
The Indian generic everytime.

Buying the high dolloar drug simply funnels your funds to them.

And, btw, I thought this thread is about the 430.
Sure is - about pictures of it.. and how mediocre it is going to be when compared to it's newly arriving peers..

You would think that for all the moeny and class and heritage and engineering that Ferrari could actually deliver a better car for the price/class..
Old 09-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #244
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Sure is - about pictures of it.. and how mediocre it is going to be when compared to it's newly arriving peers..
Not very... especially when compared with any American car. And which "newly arriving peers" are coming out? A new Porsche Turbo? The car that looks like a Volkswagen beetle? Or perhaps a new Gallardo, considering its only been out for a year and a half?

The Indian generic everytime.

Buying the high dolloar drug simply funnels your funds to them.
Hmmmm.... right... :roll:

I guess you're right. Why would anyone want to buy brand name clothes when you can get a fake for a fraction of the price?? Almost as good but a lot cheaper! ---> Just like at K-mart!

Every 360 I come across ends up 10 bus lengths back and has been piloted by a Starbucks refugee...
And Corvette drivers are F1 world champions. And they have awesome taste. And they're smart, because instead of buying a $180,000 stock car, which also represents engineering excellence, racing pedegree, panache and happens to have an image like no other car company on earth, they can buy a $40,000 car with $100,000 worth of body kit, superchargers, nitros, etc.... and save thousands of $$$!!!! WHOEVER OWNS A CORVETTE IS A GENIOUS!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #245
RC45
Regular User

Not very... especially when compared with any American car. And which "newly arriving peers" are coming out? A new Porsche Turbo? The car that looks like a Volkswagen beetle? Or perhaps a new Gallardo, considering its only been out for a year and a half?
Ford GT

I guess you're right. Why would anyone want to buy brand name clothes when you can get a fake for a fraction of the price?? Almost as good but a lot cheaper! ---> Just like at K-mart!
Typical new money response - you seem to think the world is impressed by how fancy your possesions are. :roll:

You again re-affirm the boutique nature of 360/430 customers..

And Corvette drivers are F1 world champions. And they have awesome taste. And they're smart, because instead of buying a $180,000 stock car, which also represents engineering excellence, racing pedegree, panache and happens to have an image like no other car company on earth, they can buy a $40,000 car with $100,000 worth of body kit, superchargers, nitros, etc.... and save thousands of $$$!!!! WHOEVER OWNS A CORVETTE IS A GENIOUS!!!
You appear a little angry to realise that a $40,000 car kicks the 360's ass from here to kingdom come and back... IF you put the $100,000 into a Z06 as some very wealthy punters have - because they were board with the performance of their euro-go-karts - you end up with a car that tops 250mph - does 0-60 in 3 s and the 1/4 mile in 9s @ 160mph... and can STILL pull 1+G in the handling dept.

So for the cost of the left Enzo fender,you have car that STILL destroys it and every other Euro-exotic....
Old 09-04-2004, 09:22 PM   #246
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
It's not a feeling - it is fact - Everytime I come across a Porsche TT on the street, it is a run for the money and the TT puts up a good fight and may runa way at the top etc etc.

Interesting because the 360 actually beats the TT on the top end, or lets say past the 1/4mile mark :roll:
Old 09-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #247
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Ford GT

Typical new money response - you seem to think the world is impressed by how fancy your possesions are. :roll:

You again re-affirm the boutique nature of 360/430 customers..

You appear a little angry to realise that a $40,000 car kicks the 360's ass from here to kingdom come and back... IF you put the $100,000 into a Z06 as some very wealthy punters have - because they were board with the performance of their euro-go-karts - you end up with a car that tops 250mph - does 0-60 in 3 s and the 1/4 mile in 9s @ 160mph... and can STILL pull 1+G in the handling dept.

So for the cost of the left Enzo fender,you have car that STILL destroys it and every other Euro-exotic....
Funny how you said the z06 and the 360 are on par not so long ago. They arent anymore? I thought your a genious Obviously not if you cant remeber what you said few posts ago :roll:
Old 09-04-2004, 11:23 PM   #248
bmagni
Regular User

and i call that the Exotic beater of the not so rich, or wannabes
Old 09-04-2004, 11:28 PM   #249
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Funny how you said the z06 and the 360 are on par not so long ago. They arent anymore? I thought your a genious Obviously not if you cant remeber what you said few posts ago :roll:
You need to read more carefully - where did I say they are not on a par?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 PM   #250
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Interesting because the 360 actually beats the TT on the top end, or lets say past the 1/4mile mark :roll:
No it doesnt.. the 360 would be lucky to run passed about 182 or 183mph.. the 911TT will run to 190mph.

One day when you guys actually begin driving against these cars on the street you will begin seeing that Ferrari and Porsche do not hold exclusive stake on speed..

I wish you would understand how easily the 360 is beaten...
Old 09-05-2004, 06:30 AM   #251
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

RC45, do you seriously consider that the 430 looks mediocre next to a Ford GT??? The ford GT is the definition of mediocrity. Personally, I would never own a car that looks exactly like something from 40 years back. Imagine what everyone would say if the successor to the 360 would look like, say, a Dino???

Typical new money response - you seem to think the world is impressed by how fancy your possesions are.
Actually, yes.

Whether you like it or not, someone that owns a Ferrari will ALWAYS have more attention, respect, etc., etc. that someone that owns a Corvette. Hell, the only place a corvette will turn heads is in the US.

You appear a little angry to realise that a $40,000 car kicks the 360's ass from here to kingdom come and back...
Where the hell did you get that idea? It comes close, but doesn't beat it for shit...

I have a feeling you don't understand why the Ferrari is as expensive as it is.
1) Engineering perfection (The Ferrari 3.6l V8 engine produces 425 hp... the corvette 6l V8 makes 400 hp. how much does a 6l Ferrari V12 make? 660 hp... 220 more than the corvette)

2) Hand made (it takes 4 days to make a 360)

3) High quality

4) Low number of cars made

5) Image like no other

6) Beautiful cars

etc. etc. etc.....
Old 09-05-2004, 07:38 AM   #252
mindgam3
Regular User

Plus add probably the best sounding production engine in the world - the ferrari V8

RC45: where did u say they were not on par??

You appear a little angry to realise that a $40,000 car kicks the 360's ass from here to kingdom come and back...
If im not mistaken your saying there that the Z06 is better than the 360?

I'm sure more people would like to own a 355/360/430 than a Z06 regardless of raw grunt, and judging by the number of people apposing you and the number of people arguing with you i should think this is true.

Image of the people who buy ferraris doesen't come into whether its a good car or not so i dont know why you keep pressing this point..... I'm sure enough wankers by vettes too, if not more so as its more easily accessible in terms of price.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:45 PM   #253
bmagni
Regular User

Hell, the only place a corvette will turn heads is in the US.
wrong, here in mexico it does, lots of people like it, the most disappointing thing is that the most wanted sports car here is a muuuuuustang... ewww
Old 09-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #254
RC45
Regular User

RC45, do you seriously consider that the 430 looks mediocre next to a Ford GT??? The ford GT is the definition of mediocrity. Personally, I would never own a car that looks exactly like something from 40 years back. Imagine what everyone would say if the successor to the 360 would look like, say, a Dino???
That roves how great the original GT40 shape/design was. It is timeless.

The 355 shape is timeless.

The 360/430 shape is mediocre and shitty.

You are a 17 year old kid (if your profile is correct) and probaly exposed to new found earning and purchasing power - and THAT is why you are so shallow as to be impressed by new shiny things, vs timeless classic things.

Typical new money response - you seem to think the world is impressed by how fancy your possesions are.
Actually, yes.
See above.

Whether you like it or not, someone that owns a Ferrari will ALWAYS have more attention, respect, etc., etc. that someone that owns a Corvette. Hell, the only place a corvette will turn heads is in the US.
What a shallow pathetic shell of an excuse for a man you must be growing up to be if your own self worth is measured by others impressions of your possessions.

You ever thought people may be driven by things other than peer approval?

Where the hell did you get that idea? It comes close, but doesn't beat it for shit...
Where do get that? From the times I have driven past and ahead of and stopped quicker than 360's on the street. But you know - it was most likely becasue the new-money yuppie driving it - like you was so busy checking to see who was admiring them that they forgot to use the gas pedal.

I have a feeling you don't understand why the Ferrari is as expensive as it is.
It is as expensive as it is because suckers are lining up to pay the prices.

Look how much cheaper the ZOnda and Koenigsseggs are than their their Ferrari counter parts - just as exclusive and exotice - but better priced

1) Engineering perfection (The Ferrari 3.6l V8 engine produces 425 hp... the corvette 6l V8 makes 400 hp. how much does a 6l Ferrari V12 make? 660 hp... 220 more than the corvette)

2) Hand made (it takes 4 days to make a 360)

3) High quality

4) Low number of cars made

5) Image like no other

6) Beautiful cars

etc. etc. etc.....
I was admiring and appreciating Ferraris before your parents even though about punishing the world by having you..

I know and understand a lot more than you think..
Old 09-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #255
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Plus add probably the best sounding production engine in the world - the ferrari V8

RC45: where did u say they were not on par??

If im not mistaken your saying there that the Z06 is better than the 360?

I'm sure more people would like to own a 355/360/430 than a Z06 regardless of raw grunt, and judging by the number of people apposing you and the number of people arguing with you i should think this is true.

Image of the people who buy ferraris doesen't come into whether its a good car or not so i dont know why you keep pressing this point..... I'm sure enough wankers by vettes too, if not more so as its more easily accessible in terms of price.
Last I looked Jay Leno chose the Z06 over the 360...
Closed Thread