Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #76
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Good result for Alonso and McLaren Kimi driver of the day from 22nd to 3rd on a 1 stopper and beating the Honda which is meant to be the quickest car just oes to show testing and racing are two completely different worlds Red Bull are further proof they never completed a single race distance in testing and here they are scoring a point thats more than you can say about toyota they've got alot of work to do and, Nico Rosberg sensation drive did anyone see the amount of power that cosworth engine has compared to the ferrari one in the red bull it was amazing.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #77
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Fastest Laps

2006 Bahrain Grand Prix

1 Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth - 1:32.408

2 Michael Schumacher Ferrari - 1:32.523

3 Fernando Alonso Renault - 1:32.534

4 Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth - 1:32.660

5 Jenson Button Honda - 1:32.729

6 Felipe Massa Ferrari - 1:32.739

7 Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes - 1:32.771

8 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes - 1:32.864

9 Scott Speed STR-Cosworth - 1:33.108

10 Christian Klien Red Bull Racing - 1:33.212

11 David Coulthard Red Bull Racing - 1:33.376

12 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth - 1:33.480

13 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-BMW - 1:33.694

14 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW - 1:33.772

15 Rubens Barrichello Honda - 1:33.840

16 Ralf Schumacher Toyota - 1:34.112

17 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault - 1:34.320

18 Jarno Trulli Toyota - 1:34.852

19 Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota - 1:35.940

20 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda - 1:37.104

21 Yuji Ide Super Aguri-Honda - 1:38.302
Old 03-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #78
Cockrocket
Regular User

That is unbelievable for Rosberg

First race in a Formula 1 car and he beats the grand master with the fastest lap time of the race. At first i thought Williams is being risky hiring a new kid on the block after BMW pulled out there support for the team and as it shows, it appears both actions are a plus point for William team. We hear a lot about Kimi and Button being "future" world champions but oh my god....i think if Rosberg contines that sort of performance, mid season we will be talking about him being a future world champion, and that being a very short time from now future!

Respect to Michael as well!

The Best is the Best...but their is always someone Better!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #79
bmagni
Regular User

I still think Bridgestones aren't up for the challenge, MS just gets the most out of them, but they aren't as good as Michelins
Did anyone notice when the gap between MS and Alonso went to 0.4, Alonso slowed down and braked on purpose to slow MS down ??
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #80
5vz-fe
Regular User

It is quite hard to tell if it is Bridgestone problem. I know the inside front is always smoking somewhat in a few corners, but that's just show that MS is pushing the car very hard. IMO, I will blame the Ferrari engine.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #81
leo_26782
Regular User

Don't forget about Montoya, he is also good, people don't talk about him a lot, but he is very regular, and that's a good quality to reach THE title
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #82
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Rosberg keeps this up and he may just steal the spotlight this year.

Kimi, what a drive he had. full of fuel and he still destorys the backfield :shock:

Things to watch this season: Ferrari, their comeback from last year's joke of a season. Obviously Schumacher has the pace back, Massa, i don't know if he's really going to be filling Barrichello's shoes.

Nico Rosberg, fluke or forshadowing of an underdog hero?

Scott Speed, the americans are going to be keeping an eye on him. He came up strong in the opening laps but faded quickly only to recover the 3 positions he'd gain in the start of the race. i'd like to see him prove his critics wrong.

Toyota, still dissapointing, but consistently so. You would think that with the biggest budget on the grid they would be able to make something work.

Alonso, will he continue his domination? or is it going to be a tense standoff between him, Scumi and Raikkonen?

This will be an interesting season to say the least. I'm hoping for some suspense as well.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #83
nthfinity
Regular User

the mirrors on Herr Schumachers' car are rediculous! they caused him the race

naw, it was a pretty good race; i have to say. a lot of mid-field action... i cant believe that super-agari is actually allowed to race.... they are so far back, its really not even funny

Barrichello = worst career move ever... is he as washed up as Jaques has been? (while still being at the pinicle of motorsport)

Massa seems to have the pace available, but a big mistake in (turn 1?) cost him several positions, and a lousy pitstop lost his points scoring opertunities.

MS and alanso... considering the comments that Schumi made earlier this week... i think we haven't seen anywhere near the 'best' ferrari will be offering after the first few races this season.... in that he placed 2nd, and all he was looking to do was score points... this guy really never turns out to be a liar.

McMerc... they have the pace... but suffer the same problems as always... breaking engines. somehow, both montoya, and raikonen finished the race... in the points!

Williams... i dont doubt we'll be seeing some podiums for Mark Webber this year... the Cosworth power seems to be the absolute right decision this year... BMW's breaking, and just not keeping pace... pitty in some ways. both in the points!

Sauber... that was one huge fire... hopefully they can get some more power out of the car before too long.

its noticable the loss of straight line speed, and exits from the corners... hopefully we'll be seeing race pace 20+ k rpm.

i think Torro Rossa's idea is great! i hope scott speed continues improving... im sure its been hell on his stamina... remember DC back in 94? great 1rst 30 laps... the rest were downhill... and he became world champ
looks to be a great season!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #84
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

heh, well theres an upside to workign third shift. i was awake and home in time to watch the race, as opposed to dragging my ass up on sunday mornings last year hahaha.
sauber's fire was unfortunate...but hey, might as well go with a bang haha
raikkonen looked like a kid who didnt get the candy when he was up on the podium....
:roll:
Old 03-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #85
Everlasting
Regular User

good start for Ferrari and i'm expecting they'll do even better next week

they should work on their pit stops though that incident with massa was embracing
and if they were quicker with schumi's second stop he may have ended higher on the podium

still it was a good start
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #86
SafirXP
Regular User

was it me.... or did the renault seem to have a higher corner entry speed? certainly has more torque... i'm sure! you can see that from the corner exits and the uphills.

being a schumi fan... it was kinda sad to see his occasional lockups when in pressure! wish i could see those magical hot laps he did in monaco in 2004 before having that silly clash with Montoya. hopefully Ferrari will get their act "more" together in a couple of more races.
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #87
nthfinity
Regular User

one great side effect of the aero rules +v8 engines is that most of the cars look absolutely STUNNING!

ok, mabey this isn't bahrain specific... but god, they look soooo good!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:19 AM   #88
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by SafirXP
was it me.... or did the renault seem to have a higher corner entry speed? certainly has more torque... i'm sure! you can see that from the corner exits and the uphills.

being a schumi fan... it was kinda sad to see his occasional lockups when in pressure! wish i could see those magical hot laps he did in monaco in 2004 before having that silly clash with Montoya. hopefully Ferrari will get their act "more" together in a couple of more races.
It's not like he's locking up like DC to a point where there's flat spot, so like Ronin saids, no worries.

So excited that this year gonna be a close race between a few teams.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:51 AM   #89
mindgam3
Regular User

Great first race of the season! Definately lots of competition and lots of overtaking.

There's going to be a big battle between renault, honda, mclaren and ferrari throughout the season.

I wouldnt underestimate williams though - look at their lap times, both in the top 4 - and the driver line up isnt too ad either, especially if rosberg continues like that - could have been a podium if it weren't for the spin. Plus the team said they were running a conservative pit stop strategy.

Renault, mclaren and ferrari all looked good. Massa was suprisingly quick for me, but I don't think fisichella will be able to keep up with the other top 7 as the season progresses. After all the hype from honda they didn't deliver, they should have got at least a podium. Great run from kimi.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #90
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
though Roseberg looked great out there and he got the fastest lap, there is still alot Williams has to do before they can comete for pole or a podium finish.

you dont have to be the winner to have the fastest lap or even come within points to be honest!!
I agree with the last part, but not the first. If Rosberg hadn't have lost his nosecone on the first lap then he would have easily be in contention for 3rd place.... especially taking into account he was on a conservative strategy.

Obviously he's not in the same league as MS, FA and KR but I think he'll definately be up there all season challenging the likes of Button and Montoya.

You've got to remember this is his first season

One things for sure - Williams and their Cosworth engine have definately got a good package this year - Rosberg was fairly consistent with his laps.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote