Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Smile Lgm racing c6 corvette tire testing@motorsport ranch+sebring vid

The lgm racing c6 corvette tire testing for the american le mans series it will compete in the gt2 class for 2008
The lgm racing c6 corvette tire testing@motorsport ranch the
corvette will compete in the alms(american le mans series) in the gt2 class

Last edited by pagani; 03-01-2008 at 07:26 AM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
pagani
Regular User

Smile

Here is the same at sebring
Again the lgm racing c6 corvette tire testing@ the famous sebring road race track
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #3
79TA
Regular User

LG Motorsports always has good in-car footage. I didn't expect that Lou would use the exact same livery, or car for that matter, in the ALMS.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
LG Motorsports always has good in-car footage. I didn't expect that Lou would use the exact same livery, or car for that matter, in the ALMS.
Oh same look, but completely different car.

The rules for GT2 allow for and require very expensive car mods... this effort is requiring some serious sponsorship and very deep pockets compared to World Challenge etc.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 AM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Huh, I didn't know they entered ALMS this year.

Here's the briefing on the tire test.
Kumho joins LG Motorsports on ALMS GT2 Corvette

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA... Kumho Tire will provide tires for the LG Motorsports/3 Dimensional/Riley Technology Corvette in the GT2 class of the American Le Mans Series for the 2008 season. LG Motorsports is entering the ALMS after several successful seasons racing a Corvette in the SCCA Speed World Challenge.

"We're looking forward to working with LG Motorsports and Riley Technologies to develop tires for the GT2 Corvette," said Rudy Consolacion, Kumho motorsports manager. "Kumho has gained a loyal following among Corvette owners thanks to the success of Corvette racers in SCCA competition on our DOT race tires. Developing a tire for the GT2 Corvette is a natural extension of our work with Corvette club racers. We're excited about this opportunity and I think a lot of Corvette owners will be glad to hear about this new motorsports partnership among Kumho, LG Motorsports and Riley Technologies."

"We're very excited to make the move to the American Le Mans Series and the GT2 division," said LG Motorsports team owner and driver Lou Gigliotti. "The field truly is world-class competition. Our partnership with Kumho is the perfect fit. Like Kumho, LG Motorsports uses racing technology to bring better products to our customers and their personal cars. I like that we're on the same page regarding product development.

"Of course, putting Kumho together with a great chassis builder like Riley Technologies is going to put LG Motorsports right in the thick of the competition," noted Gigliotti. "I think we all share realistic expectations for the No. 28 LG Motorsports/3 Dimensional /Riley Corvette. Fortunately Kumho and Riley both provide the experience that will help us get the job done. Our first outing at Sebring should definitely be a great test for us all."

LG Motorsports will take delivery of its C6 Corvette in early March and will perform a shakedown test before heading to Florida for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
-credit: kumho
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Oh same look, but completely different car.

The rules for GT2 allow for and require very expensive car mods... this effort is requiring some serious sponsorship and very deep pockets compared to World Challenge etc.
Oh ok. I got mislead when i watched the first video that mentioned the car was in Speed World Challenge trim.

Will LG keep racing in the SWC then? I wonder if Lou will be in two races at Long Beach this year.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote