Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #151
godspeed06
Regular User

why is it that people in american choose to hate soccer? like you said, if someone doesnt like baseball, then dont watch it. so why do you have such a different attitude towards soccer?

the us will be good someday. it just takes passion. when that day comes, ill be the first in line to flick off every single one of you international haters of american soccer. i might have to wait a while, but thats ok, the longer it takes, the better it will feel when it happens. until that day, ill be rooting for the netherlands because that country is my next closest tie as far as my family tree goes. slovakia was a close second to NL but theyre fucking out now anyway.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #152
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
why is it that people in american choose to hate soccer? like you said, if someone doesnt like baseball, then dont watch it. so why do you have such a different attitude towards soccer?

the us will be good someday. it just takes passion. when that day comes, ill be the first in line to flick off every single one of you international haters of american soccer. i might have to wait a while, but thats ok, the longer it takes, the better it will feel when it happens. until that day, ill be rooting for the netherlands because that country is my next closest tie as far as my family tree goes. slovakia was a close second to NL but theyre fucking out now anyway.
The difference is that as an American that truly does not like soccer I'm attacked for it over and over. So it immediately puts me on the defensive. If everyone that likes soccer had the same attitude I have towards people that don’t like baseball we would not even be having this conversation.

I just don’t understand why soccer fans have this join us or we hate you attitude. And it is that very attitude that makes me hate the sport. That and I find it very boring.

Like I said I don’t care if you do or don’t like any of the sports that are popular here. I will never attack people with this "like it or die!!" attitude. I would never expect someone in Italy to like baseball.

Edit: and what is funny is if I was a true soccer fan I would still get attacked over and over with comments like "Hah team USA sucks, god I hate you and your team, bunch of fucking pussies!" And other comments like that. So its just a loose loose situation. The game is boring and the sport has the rudest, dumbest fans I have ever seen. I thought American football fans were the worst but I can see thats not true at all.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #153
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Im not even going to bother with reading what you wrote.
and I wasted seconds reading his reply

back to topic... no surprises this day.
France at last made a decent game, and what a SOB is Henry. He never gave a pass to Trezeguet Now I found the reason why the coach didn't put them.

the Swiss team qualified and now will go against Ukraine. Alex, why not a bet against TT?

tomorrow Germany vs Sweden. My heart is with Sweden, by the reasonable thing to do is bet to Germany.
and Mexico vs Argentina....OMG... Argentina is the best team in this WC.
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #154
crayzayjay
Regular User

Prediction for today's games:

Germany 2 - 1 Sweden

Argentina 2 - 0 Mexico

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:42 AM   #155
davide
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Prediction for today's games:

Germany 2 - 1 Sweden

Argentina 2 - 0 Mexico
nooo... sweden 2 - Germany 1

Old 06-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #156
Stikz
Regular User

I'm hoping for Argentina and Germany to advance. they both play such an awesome attacking style, it'll hurt the world cup if they don't. But oh well, no predictions, just hope for a great game. 4 min till kickoff !!!!!!!!!
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #157
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Und Chermany alvays vins! Muahahahhahahahhahahhahahha!!!!! (Sega Dreamcast commercial)
Old 06-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #158
davide
Regular User

That was utterly the worst game I ever seen... the swedes SUCKED big time...
2 goals in 12 minutes and, when Larsson missed that penalty, all my hopes went out the window...

nice play by germany!
Old 06-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #159
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I am disapointed as well...god they played BAD. Too bad...I really wanted sweden to go on...

time to move on....GO ARGENTINA!!!

my predictions for the next game....Argenitna 3 - Mexico 1

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #160
godspeed06
Regular User

mexico played well i thought, but argentina is just too strong. messi and tevez are fucking good. i cant believe they start ON THE BENCH!! and that goal in overtime... itll go down in history, sheer brilliance.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 AM   #161
crayzayjay
Regular User

^ agree. Messi is a great threat and also holds on to the ball so well. Tevez is just a brute. I'd like to see at least one of them start, in place of Saviola who can always come on as a sub.

Germany are going to be tough to beat in the QF, home advantage and all...

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #162
dingo
Regular User

The ARG v MEX game was the best of the world cup so far IMO, the atmosphere and constant attacking was just brilliant! Oh and what a way for Argentina to win the game, goal of the cup!! :shock:

Will be an amazing game they have against Germany.

Tonight we have Eng v Ecuador (2-0 is my guess) and the Dutch v Portugal (1-0 prediction).....I'm really lacking in sleep lately.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #163
EnzoLover
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
.... and the Dutch v Portugal (1-0 prediction).....I'm really lacking in sleep lately.
I dont think the same .

Portugal will win.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:58 AM   #164
dingo
Regular User

I'm going for them too, they are one of my teams in the work betting competition.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #165
oscargarza88
Regular User

it suks Mexico lost!!
:cry:
the goal from argentina was really good though... they were playing good... but not good enough aparently...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote