Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 08-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
malte
Regular User

Default EVO tests 600bhp kleemann slk in septembers issue

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/6DA8BCC9...0-229FA4BC8DA3
:shock:
it seems they quite like it...
anyway this is my first topic if I did something hopelessly wrong, please go easy. ops:
Old 08-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
430csjj
Regular User

600 bhp in an SLK is awesome. 0-62 mph in 3.7 secs!!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Default Re: EVO tests 600bhp kleemann slk in septembers issue

Originally Posted by malte
http://www.kleemann.dk/site/6DA8BCC9-5AC5-4F39-A560-229FA4BC8DA3
:shock:
it seems they quite like it...
anyway this is my first topic if I did something hopelessly wrong, please go easy. ops:
Lol don't worry seems like a good first topic post to me - the link works!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
raven1822
Regular User

I am curious about the transmission. I thought I just read in one of the articles about the new 6.3L V8 that the new 7 speed trans would not hold up to the torque of the supercharged V8's. That was one of the reason behind going for lower torque figures in the new V8. How is Kleeman managing the torque in this car with the 7 speed box?
raven1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
malte
Regular User

I actually dont know, because they dont mention any transmission upgrades on their site, then again i havent heard of any problems with the durability of the cars, even the engine life span should be only slightly impacted because the blowers use lower boost then the stock AMG.

ive considered mailing them or dropping by for a visit, since they are situated not far from where i go to school. While im there I could perhaps ask them if they have a job opening, as anything, anything at all...!

But they maybe just stertching the material, but i doubt it since theyve thought of pretty much anything else...

Then again if the M5 needs a new tranny after using the launch control 5 times... :shock:
Old 08-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
raven1822
Regular User

Here is the excerpt I was referring too. Taken from the is article here: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...eline.promo.2g.

"But all that torque, while good for turning tires, can eat transmissions like the Cookie Monster let loose on a plate of oven-fresh oatmeal raisin. And that is why the entire present range of AMG cars equipped with the supercharged V8 or the twice-turboed V12 are also equipped with the company's archaic five-speed automatic transmission. The five-speed has a torque capacity of 796 lb-ft, while Mercedes' new seven-speed can only handle 542 lb-ft.

What to do?

Well, if you're Mercedes-Benz, you instruct AMG, your in-house tuning firm, to design a new normally aspirated engine that delivers more horsepower, but less torque. Less than 542 lb-ft. That way, the company's fleet of super-high-performance cars can benefit from the added gears of the seven-speed."
Old 08-31-2005, 06:06 AM   #7
malte
Regular User

Sry to revive, but found something in the faq section at kleemann which should explain...

"Will the 7G tronic be able to handle the power of a KLEEMANN tuning solution?

The 7 speed 7G tronic transmission (722.9) is slowly being phased in to replace the 5 speed (722.6) transmission Mercedes Benz has used for the last 5 years. All new N/A V6 and V8 vehicles are now being built with the W7A 700 variant of the 7G tronic. The WA700 variant is endurance load rated by Mercedes Benz at 760 Nm (560 lbs/ft) of torque. This means the transmission will handle this amount of power continuously with out failure. There will never be a time where one can develop this kind of power continuously on the road. Momentary load ratings are easily 35 % higher than continuous ratings. The 7G tronic transmission will easily handle the performance from a KLEEMANN conversion. The 7G tronic has been available for nearly one year and KLEEMANN has modified many of these vehicles. None of these modified vehicles has had any trouble to date, many of them having logged in excess of 64,000 km (40.000 miles)."

also a couple more tests has been added to their "what the press said" section - under downloads
Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #8
pilone
Regular User

Well done malte!!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #9
raven1822
Regular User

Anwers my question. Thanks!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
malte
Regular User

I guess it is still a good car for everyday use....

"The 7G tronic has been available for nearly one year"

"many of them having logged in excess of 64,000 km (40.000 miles)."

Where do these people go, i mean comon...!?