Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #1066
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
I don't think that is the rumour.. If the above rumour has merit, it would result would be a Raikonnen / Alonso dream team for Ferrari, and Massa would be elsewhere? However, what is his current contract?
Won't happen because Alonso demands No. 1 Driver Status. Also won't Kimi be 30+ by the time his deal ends. Probably won't be as fast by then.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #1067
Mattk
Regular User

Alonso, though, isn't expected to remain at Renault for too long with reports in the press linking him to Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari seat come the end of 2009 when the Finn's current deal expires.
This is what I was reading from! I personally think Massa would be more likely to go, but he's winning races as well. He's doing better than Alonso, so it wouldn't be wise to dump him. I reckon Alonso's glory days are past. He's won a couple of championships, but he no longer has the best platform for victory and all the good spots are taken by good men.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #1068
styla21
Regular User

What do you think of Alonso moving to BMW, then?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #1069
Mattk
Regular User

^Possible, but there is no way BMW are going to dump Kubica. Heidfeld has been in the team since the beginning of his career (back when it was Sauber Petronas) and whilst he's getting toward the end of his career, I have a feeling he's going to leave when he wants to. Besides, he hasn't been performing badly. Briatore seems to like Alonso a lot he's not going to give him up all that easily.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #1070
Kissyface
Regular User

Default McLaren using 'manual' traction control

According to the UK's Telegraph, McLaren are using a system from inside the car that controls wheelspin by means of extra paddles on the steering wheel. A more elaborate description is here at this link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...f-trouble.html

I started a discussion thread with a picture of it here: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57879
Shnitzel

Last edited by Kissyface; 07-23-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling, added discussion link
Kissyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:40 AM   #1071
Pokiou
Regular User

good work to Mclaren for having a excellent way of thinking...

wathc ferrari cry and get the system baned...

i put a 10ner on the table.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 AM   #1072
Mattk
Regular User

^Yeah, mate, it hasn't even been confirmed true...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #1073
Pokiou
Regular User

i so want mclaren to dominate for the next few years ... cause im just very curious to see what regulations they bring to slow them down !!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #1074
blue8
Regular User

Fernando Alonso is reportedly poised to join Honda for the 2009 season.

According to The Guardian newspaper, the former World Champion is ready to leave Renault and has agreed a $15m deal with the Brackley outfit to partner Jenson Button.

Alonso re-joined Renault for 2008 after his one-year stint at McLaren ended in acrimony and accusation and his stay with Honda is set to be similarly brief. It is claimed that 'the Spaniard looks likely to join Ferrari in 2010 although the precise date of his arrival is difficult to establish as Kimi Raikkonen, the present World Champion, is contracted to the Italian team until the end of next year and Felipe Massa to the end of 2010. Driving the Honda for one year - and maybe two - might offer Alonso the best stop-gap deal available.'

With Raikkonen and Felipe Massa set to be retained by Ferrari and a return to McLaren inconceivable, BMW were considered to be the most likely escape route for Alonso from Renault. However, aware of the rumours that Alonso has already agreed to join Ferrari in the future, they were unwilling to sign him on anything but a binding, long-term contract.

Honda have made no secret of their interest in recruiting Alonso, even for a single season, with chief executive Nick Fry recently declaring: "Fernando is a wonderful driver who would be a fantastic asset to any of the top teams, including this one. The job Ross Brawn and I have is to build a world championship-winning team."

The Guardian reports that 'one of the key reasons the twice World Champion is considering a move from Renault was the arrival of Brawn as the Honda team's principal this season,' while, for their part, 'The feeling at Honda is that a driver of Alonso's calibre could be worth as much as 0.6sec a lap and the Spaniard's test and development talents are just what Honda need in 2009 when a raft of new aerodynamic rules, slick tyres and KERS energy regeneration systems, are being introduced.'
From what I've heard, Alonso wants to move to a team with a better and faster car. Honda certainly doesn't have it. But they do have Ross Brawn and with a world champion alongside, the team could produce something good.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #1075
Spiffu
Regular User

I don't think so, he's gonna replace Raikkonen in Ferrari in 2009.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #1076
newalopez
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8 View Post
Yeah, Magny-Cours is sure to be part next year. By 2010, it will start considering other venues for the race.

The return of Suzuka should also be fun.

I want the Hungaroring out!
I also want Suzuka back

I don't think Fuji it's as good as Suzuka
newalopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #1077
Mattk
Regular User

I don't think Alonso is going anywhere. He seems past his prime and very unfocused. He's turning into Jacques Villeneuve.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #1078
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8 View Post
From what I've heard, Alonso wants to move to a team with a better and faster car. Honda certainly doesn't have it.
..Don't have it YET .
Honda are investing huge resources and I fully expect them to make some huge gains these coming seasons.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #1079
Pokiou
Regular User

^^
whats what they all say.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #1080
Mattk
Regular User

^To be honest, I agree. Both Honda and Toyota are slowly getting their act together and building decent packages.