Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-21-2003, 08:04 AM   #1
stracing
Regular User

Default Improving F1

Finally catching up on some f1 news:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...18004611.shtml

i actually like the last idea..but no so much with not having any pit stops.

i also hate the idea of reducing engines to a 2.5 litre V8. all the americans will laugh with their circular friends at nascar.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:08 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Sure, I'd like to see the ban of electronic aids! And I don't care if to make things safer, the cars would drop in power... it could be fun even with "only" 500 hp or so IMO

The pit stops IMO are to be there.. so that even if the driver is perfect, he need a perfect team to win

The last Idea is fun..
Old 08-24-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
tekwar
Regular User

they shouldnt take out the pitstops cause these days that is where most of the action is happening...how would taking it out make it any more exciting for us fans?
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #4
SL55 AMG
Regular User

I find the electronics being the main issue, other than that it is still the greatest racing.

Never really got why they have grooved tires?( i know to slow them down but why) go back to slicks

Cost differences for teams is a real handicap but for just about every high-end racing league....it cost incredible $bank$
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:09 AM   #5
stradale
Regular User

Default Re: Improving F1

Originally Posted by stracing

i also hate the idea of reducing engines to a 2.5 litre V8. all the americans will laugh with their circular friends at nascar.
Americans have nothing to laugh about when you compare F1 to their racing leagues. Reducing engine size will only make F1 even more technologically advanced. But I see no reason why the engines should be reduced.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:21 AM   #6
sbbs
Regular User

I think the main idea to reduce the engine size is to lower the engine output. Then the car is more controlable without traction control.
sbbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:02 AM   #7
tekwar
Regular User

they use groove tires for one reason which is to slow the car down, less grip means the car travels slower through the corners. and reducing engine size is also for the same reason, with the cars reaching near 1000 HP, they want to limit the output. All this is done for the "safety" of the drivers.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #8
aawil
Regular User

I think going to V8's is a bad move. The sound isn't going to be right. And that's the best lure for F1 it certainly isn't the racing. The sound of screaming V10's or even better V12's is what make F1 special.
aawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 06:49 AM   #9
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by aawil
I think going to V8's is a bad move. The sound isn't going to be right. And that's the best lure for F1 it certainly isn't the racing. The sound of screaming V10's or even better V12's is what make F1 special.
I agree. banning the V12 was enough.
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote