Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 12-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Cradle of Filth- Nymphetamine

ok, i'm sure some of you are sitting there scratching your heads wondering if i've damaged mine somehow. Last year if you'd have told me i would buy a Cradle of Filth album, i'd have laughed. Hard.

But lately, as stale as my music collection is, and as disenchanted as i am with the direction rock is going these day (just look at what Avenged Sevenfold has reduced themselves to) I've been feeling like i needed a change. So before i left for the racetrack yesterday, i went to best buy and used the coupons i racked up eating at mcdonalds during the monopoly promotion. I figured since i wasn't losing any money, it wouldn't be all that disappointing if i didn't like it.

To my surprise, it's actually really good. I think a good majority of Metal fans would at least appreciate the guitar work that makes up the backbone of this 14 song, 75 minute gothic work. Which also may come as a surprise that its not just violent guitar riffs and machine gun tempo drums, they also brought in an orchestra and choir for a few tracks, plus an appearance by Doug Bradley (Pinhead from the Hellraiser series) on one track.

Dani Filth's voice is more of a rasp than what you would think of this style of metal, which is usally dominated by deep growls and really blends nicely with the music composition.

I think it's a good bet ill end up buying another CoF album It's the change in metal i've been looking for, because unlike the harcore stuff that has been getting popular, i can listen to this for extended periods of time without getting pissed off.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote