Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 01-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Harsh Times

Bale sure knows how to play dark roles, and this is a hell of a good performance from him!
Ideal background: an ex soldier, totally fucked up after he served in the army and lived the war from inside. Totally psycho, although maybe not as extreme as in American Psycho
Trying to get back into the society together with his best pal, but he is just too fucked up to be able to.
I also love the California / Mexico background. Really suits the story.

Very dark atmosphere, kinda strong moments, one of those movies that create knots into your belly because of the way the carachters seems to spiral deep into crazyness with no hope of surfacing.
You see Jim really loosing it and it's very well done! Last third of the movie I was so tense I could barely sit down because I was sure it could have no happy ending at all. Dunno, there is something about Bale that makes me feel almost connected to his carachters, so usually I live his movies at 110% :good:

Oh yes, it's also one of those movies where "fuck", "fucking", "fucker", "fucked" and several other forms are constantly used by anybody. I am starting to wonder if that videoclip that was on the net some time ago, counting how many "fuck" were yoused in the movie was about Harsh Time indeed.

Last bonus: there is some Eva Longoria in this flick