Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #16
blah
Regular User

I was thinking about posting that link gigdy, but i decided i would be a leach....

The 0-60 i saw on Fast Autos was 6.3 Seconds, and if the exhaust note is anything like the trucks when ur upclose, prepare to be stunned when this big heavy sedan passes u and sounds like a Mean ass Cuda.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

I got my 0-60 from Car and Driver
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:17 AM   #18
blah
Regular User

what did they say on the 1/4 mile time?
Old 04-09-2004, 12:48 AM   #19
Schwalbe

Wow gigdy, you found a nice video of the 300C.

If I had this car, I would put 20" wheels .

I am so happy that the generation of the Full-size FWD American cars is past. RWD American cars rules ! 8)
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:07 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

Only problem with RWD cars is that most of the American public is too stupid to know how to drive them safely, and even fewer are capable in the snow and other inclement weather.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:24 AM   #21
blah
Regular User

How so would american drivers not be able to drive them? There has always been RWD cars in america. Every generation has grown up with them.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #22
number77
Regular User

i'm with blah on this one. i don't think you can say this about americans in general (even though you are american). the same goes for other nationalities as well. besides its not a general consumers fault in general. if someone want to hop in and stop the gas like an old pumpkin there isn't too much you can do to stop it. besides, they'll end up putting traction control on it anyways
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #23
mit5005
Regular User

This car is so much better looking then the previous version of the 300. And the Hemi makes it a lot better too. I wonder if they will make an M version.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #24
hemi_fan
Regular User

well, without rwd cars on the road, how will they learn?

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #25
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Only problem with RWD cars is that most of the American public is too stupid to know how to drive them safely, and even fewer are capable in the snow and other inclement weather.
Dude this barge has so may computer controlled driving aides it practically drives itelf.

"Well, we don't care how bad-ass some dude's naturally aspirated Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900-plus pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you're gonna get a fast and furious old-school ass-whipping."
-=Car Craft=-
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Load of hog wash..

My first car I bought here in the USA, in Chicago, was a 1973 Ford LTD.. complete with 400ci V8 and RWD.. oh.. did I mention it was in winter as well..

The most fun you can have on 4 wheels...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

Vansquish wrote:

Load of hog wash..

My first car I bought here in the USA, in Chicago, was a 1973 Ford LTD.. complete with 400ci V8 and RWD.. oh.. did I mention it was in winter as well..

The most fun you can have on 4 wheels...
both my roommates survived winter w/out fwd, or 4x4 with decently powerd motors as well (but not 400cid lol) .... not a single ding, or dent. its very easy to pull 360's in rwd cars
Old 04-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #28
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

Will it be on sale???
Old 04-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #29
blah
Regular User

looks like a sebring fucked a XLR and thats the result what the hell is that?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:45 PM   #30
Vansquish
Regular User

Ok, look...I wasn't trying to imply that the people who come to this forum are poor drivers, nor that there are in fact Americans that can drive, as that is obviously true (we have quite an illustrious racing heritage that bears that fact out). My point was that the majority of people who go and buy a massive, powerful, rear drive car are floosies who can't drive them. Not all, just many of them. The fact that the 300C is crammed up the wazoo with electronic driver aids doesn't mean that the person driving it isn't more likely to smush it into something when the weather gets bad. I drive a Mazda 6, Front engine Front drive most of the time, but I also drive a Supercharged Mustang GT (probably runs about 330bhp at the wheels.) and I have driven it in the winter. I won't argue that playing with a RWD car in the snow isn't a load of fun (it is), but it's the daily commuter who has no idea what to do if they get into trouble that is the problem. People who don't know the limits of their cars shouldn't be driving them, that's all.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote