Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
^^Im staying out of this arguement other then to say.. Anyone who trusts motortrend needs their head examined.. It isnt a review magazine, its a walking advertisement for the highest bidder.
So what your saying is that your (read americans) opinions aren't worth a shit
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #17
graywolf624
Regular User

*since when is the opinion of one magazine the opinion of everyone in america? Ill remember that the next time we talk about your country. I guess all of sweeden is lazy people that try to run peoples lives. Hey its true for our sweeden branch, so its gotta be true for you too right?

Motor trend had the new beatle and pt cruiser as cars of the year.. enough said.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #18
Ghostbat
Regular User

No you shouldnt trust motortrend.. Saying motortrend is your typical american is like saying nazis are current typical germans.

In other words, its them specifically, not the group.. that you need to assign mistrust too.
Dude I trust any carshow that puts the 997 and the C6 head to head and has the 997 as the winner. When it's the other way around I'm not so sure.

To Gray.. Have you heard any Swedes saying that we are lazy and try to run other peoples lives? At least I held this discussion at a "stick to the subject" level but it's always fun to see when people run out of arguements and not really understand that they are discrediting themsleves in the end. But plz dont't get personal Mr Greywolfe. I have no beef with Americans and I really don't think you have with Swedes either..
Old 07-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #19
graywolf624
Regular User

Yet again...

Motor trend had the new beatle and pt cruiser as cars of the year.. enough said.
Still trust them?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #20
Ghostbat
Regular User

Yet again...

Still trust them?
Yet again. So what americans say shouldn't really be taken seriously becasue it's crap..

You see in Sweden/Europe a PT Cruiser would hardly be crowned car of the year..We set are standards slightly higher..
Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #21
graywolf624
Regular User

To Gray.. Have you heard any Swedes saying that we are lazy and try to run other peoples lives? At least I held this discussion at a "stick to the subject" level but it's always fun to see when people run out of arguements and not really understnad that they are discrediting themsleves in the end. But plz dont't get personal Mr Greywolfe. I have no beef with Americans and I really don't think you have with Swedes either..
The point was not to be personal.. Its called sarcasm.. Its supposed to show how rediculous you are for comparing saying a magazine is a pos with crappy opinions to saying somehow all americans are that way.. Its just as stupid.

Yet again motor trend isnt america.. It isnt some vote by americans.. Its a business entity, just like my coworkers at my company from sweeden. Whether they are lazy idiots or not, it has nothing to do with the rest of the people in sweeden.. Nor does my take on a trash magazine have anything to do with the opinions of America.

Come on is it that difficult? What is true for a sub group always does not necessarily mean its true for the main, its simple entry level logic.

You see in Sweden/Europe a PT Cruiser would hardly be crowned car of the year..We set are standards slightly higher..
Im quite sure you have shitty magazines that do the same thing (dont make me do it, cause I can in a heartbeat).. Just as we have much better magazines that set the bar differently. Yet again, it isnt Americas car of the year or Americas opinion, its the opinion of the writers of the magazine.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM   #22
Ghostbat
Regular User

So Greywolfe. What would you chose if you had the possibility. 997 Carrera S or C6 Vette?

..my company from sweeden..
people in sweeden...
Maybe your coworkers can teach you how to spell my countries name? Now that's proper sarcasm for you 8)

Plz can't we all just get along and be friends..
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

Plz can't we all just get along and be friends..
We can if you quit assuming we are talking about countries. Realize we are talking about a magazine and the people who work their only. Ok?

997 Carrera S or C6 Vette?
While I wasnt even commenting on that, I personally would take the vette and use the tons of extra money elsewhere. The point was to tell you your agruement goes nowhere using motor trend.. at least try car and driver or road and track.

Maybe your coworkers can teach you how to spell my countries name?
I couldnt care if we spell Sweden A-m-e-r-i-c-a.. For the purpose of this discussion it was simply an analogy.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #24
Ghostbat
Regular User

When I talked about having the possibility to chose a car it was meant as money no object thing but the way you answered you gave away that you'd rather have the Porsche but it's to expensive.

If you stop Spelling Sweden like "Sweeden" we can propably get along..

Ok I agree that the "Americaan" car show Motortrend is rubbish..
Old 07-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
You are very funny RC45..

First of all I talking about companies base models. I was not aware of that Corvette is a carmanufacterer..
Exactly which mode3ls do you think I am referring to when I say "base model vs base model"??? :roll:

Thanks for the pic but I have already "educated" myself the first time it was posted..
Apparently not - because if you had then you would know that similar generfuckingration base models are displaying simifuckinglar performance.

It is right there on the image that was posted.

Actually I have been in both the C5 Vette and a 996. The difference in quality is like day and night and I'm quite sure the 997 is just as great or better than the 996.The Vette was just cheap plastic all over whereas the 911 is leather and luxury.
Not even noticale or of any significance when dring and enjoying your car - but supposedly important to posers and wannabes.

The interiors are nothign to write home about- and have even had Porsche owners and enthusiasts make the same observations.

The way you are speaking it sounds more like you have never been in a european high end car.
More times than you would ever know or understand - high end? Carreras are a dime a dozen - even the friggen cops drive em

It's easy to talk about "magazine crap" but most of us understand that it's not crap but the truth. Maybe that hurts? Watch the 997 Carrera S spank the C6 in Motortrends comparison test. Yes that is an american show folks

I see it like this. American cars are absolutely great bang for buck but people that can afford a Ferrari (not me included) will never buy a Chevrolet. And that's not about being a snob..
Well - again you are obviously blind to the facts. Compariative performance is what both base models achieve.

And you would then need to inform the C5 Z06 and F360CS owners on the Z06 Forum that they are mistaken in the claim to own and enjoy their Z06's just as much as their CS's.

Looks like you are having the hard time accepting how well the Corvette fits in.

What's your Sveeedisch "local brand"? Oh yeah - The Vulva - thats it
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #26
graywolf624
Regular User

When I talked about having the possibility to chose a car it was meant as money no object thing but the way you answered you gave away that you'd rather have the Porsche but it's to expensive.
Thats like asking what I would do had I been born a billionare.. Whats the point, no ones going to give me a Porsche?

I intentionally wrote it as such last time, but I guess writing it correctly can be arranged.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #27
Ghostbat
Regular User

What's your "local brand"? Oh yeah - The Vulva - thats it
I'm getting a little tired of you yanks right now but I have nothing against "Vulvas". Actually a fan

Consider Koenigsegg as my local brand as it's built in Skåne. Guess you have no idea what Skåne is but hey that's not really a problem for me..
Old 07-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

What's your "local brand"? Oh yeah - The Vulva - thats it
I'm getting a little tired of you yanks right now but I have nothing against "Vulvas". Actually a fan

Consider Koenigsegg as my local brand as it's built in Skåne. Guess you have no idea what Skåne is but hey that's not really a problem for me..
Again with the assuptions.

What do you know about what I do and don't know? I am guessing you don't know where Grabouw is either..

You are coming across as such an arrogant, pompous, stuckup Eurotrash wannabe that it's really good that I am no a "Yank" than you are civil

BTW you should close your fly, your bias is showing again..

I guess we just uncovered your true motivation - and it has nothing to do with cars or magazines.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:15 PM   #29
Ghostbat
Regular User

Have never claimed that I know what You Mr RC45 know or don't know. If you look closer you can see that I was guessing and that still stands. Think that most people from non nordic countries have a very small Idea about what Skåne is.

When someone is a great as I am some people mistake that for being arrogant

You are propably right about me being slightly biased I admit that. But hey you are propably a little biased too and I think most people are. Altough I'm notso biased towards european cars that I can't see fairly clearly.

You are very right. I have no idea where Grabouw is. But I know it's not a state in America. Skåne is - relatively speaking - a state in Sweden.^

Does closing my fly help? I thought the "Biass" was in the back.. Maybe you should pull you pants up so I don't have to watch you pale "biass"

Plz don't take it too seriously..
Old 07-15-2005, 02:36 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Am I supposed to be impressed by this time?

RC your telling me that the Z06 is going to lap some 25sec faster then the stock C6? That is fucked up.!

If thats so then the cars should not even share the same name, cause they are clearly tottaly different.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote