Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #31
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by NaughtyGirl69
yep thast wht i was expecting ....

im guessing the other smller stuff comes in small boxes ? like lights door handels etc etc

btw ... they get the engines from porsche right ?
They get their engines from Porsche, yes (then completely rebuild them)

but would that make it a Porsche? If so would that make an Ascari a BMW, or a Weismann for that matter? or a Koenigsegg a Ford. They dont purchase whole cars from Porsche they just base their cars off what Porsche has designed, and make them better.

However you can still get your Porsche tuned by RUF, the old yellowbird (CTR) was a fully independant built up RUF model, but the BTR model was a modified Porsche. RUF manufacturs their own and also modify cars.
umm no because RUF builts a whole car using porsches parts ..... they just make their own bumpers and mods the engine and exhaust suspention etc .. thast it ..
ascari and koenigsegg and zonda and mclaren F1 only usues the engine from some other manufacturer .... the body and the rest of the parts are made by the companies themselves ...

and poop .. they dont built their own cars ...... it just dosnt sound right :S ..same shape same dimentions ... w(hy)tf would they want to make the whole body all by thenselves ? :roll:
Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #32
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
yep thast wht i was expecting ....

im guessing the other smller stuff comes in small boxes ? like lights door handels etc etc

btw ... they get the engines from porsche right ?
They get their engines from Porsche, yes (then completely rebuild them)

but would that make it a Porsche? If so would that make an Ascari a BMW, or a Weismann for that matter? or a Koenigsegg a Ford. They dont purchase whole cars from Porsche they just base their cars off what Porsche has designed, and make them better.

However you can still get your Porsche tuned by RUF, the old yellowbird (CTR) was a fully independant built up RUF model, but the BTR model was a modified Porsche. RUF manufacturs their own and also modify cars.
umm no because RUF builts a whole car using porsches parts ..... they just make their own bumpers and mods the engine and exhaust suspention etc .. thast it ..
ascari and koenigsegg and zonda and mclaren F1 only usues the engine from some other manufacturer .... the body and the rest of the parts are made by the companies themselves ...

and poop .. they dont built their own cars ...... it just dosnt sound right :S ..same shape same dimentions ... w(hy)tf would they want to make the whole body all by thenselves ? :roll:
no, RUF dont wholly use Porsche parts to make up a car, that would be stupid and make it a Porsche. What you cant get your head around is they dont mod the engine, there is a thing that manufacturers do and its called development - RUF also do that, they dont just up the boost put a bigger intercooler and go "There you go 650bhp, lets hope it doesnt break". They do use a large portion of Porsche parts, but they also make their own parts and modify Porsche's parts. They do build their own cars because when you think about it, if Porsche sends them an empty body shell its hardly built now is it? RUF builds it. AKA manufacturering a car.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #33
saadie
Regular User

^^ but they dont make the shell themselves ... right ? ....
manufacturing also includes making the shell which ruf dosnt ..
ohh well anyway .... except for the shel part the rest is all clear now
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #34
JoeHahn
Regular User

Well you cant tell me that borrowing a shell doesnt make it your own, then it comes back to the engine bit. If RUF made their own engines but borrowed Porsche's shells would they be a manufacturer in your eyes?

....or if the Mclaren F1 used a Mclaren engine but a XJ220 body
Old 06-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #35
saadie
Regular User

it wouldnt be called a mclaren then .. it would be called the xj220 ..

and anyway .. ruf makes their own engines ... i think not
Old 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #36
harryo2b
Regular User

it wouldnt be called a mclaren then .. it would be called the xj220 ..

and anyway .. ruf makes their own engines ... i think not
Alrighty then. Ruf gets core engines from Porsche and completly is rebuilt to RUF blue print specs as well as their own ECU mapping. So all the internals are RUF/customer spec parts and not Porsche spec'ed. Yes Ruf gets the shell from Porsche. Also interior is all RUF as they have their own leather/fabric workshop, and other parts are from the same suppliers of Porsche. IRC(integrated roll cage) are up to the customer but they are nothing like any roll cage seen in cars most of us have seen with exposed cages/roll bar. It is a seamless integration into the interior workings totally covered.

But of course if we talk about the RK Spyder then that is a different beast. Only the front left panel is Porsche. The rest is RUF/Stola panels.

Here are some snaps i posted some time ago of my visit to RUF.

RUF CTR engine(Yellowbird type)

RT12's being manufactured (Both 650 hp package)

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #37
martin100
Regular User

Thanks for the pics harryo2b! How did you manage to get inside their factory?
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #38
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Through the front door I guess.....
Old 06-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #39
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
Thanks for the pics harryo2b! How did you manage to get inside their factory?
Invitation.

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #40
martin100
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Through the front door I guess.....
I should have guessed that
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote