Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
bmagni
Regular User

Default PS3 official first presentation

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20060217A8039.html

sounds intresting, it will double the speed of the 360... pretty impressive
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

I know 25 XBox owners locally in our immidiate circle of friends/family - 2 have an XBox 360.... price did this... the XBox 360 is too expensive for occasional console gamers.

The PS3 needs to be priced accordingly... as all these same people are PS2 owners, and have said as long as there is a decent launch title - they will buy one..

Looks like no matter what Micro$haft are losing ground to Sony.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

the past couple of nights i've been over at a coworker's house after work playing call of duty 2. twice it's locked up on us. and another of his friends ought another 360 to link up. Between his house and my coworker's, the A/V output took a shit.

I'm hoping that the longer wait for the PS3 allows sony to deal with all the bugs that they may have at the moment. I don't plan on getting one right away, but i do plan on getting one.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Daggernite
Regular User

Lets face it, Sony will own the console market regardless to the launch price or launch titles. They always do, and the fact everyone knows what a playstation is, (kids parents for instants) they will always fly off the shelves at christmas. I dont even think it matters how it compares to the xbox360, kids just want the successor to the PS2 so they can say they got a PS3. Look at the PSP, I had it six months, its got hardly anygames which are exsclusive to the PSP, cept for liberty city, I know first hand that there pointless getting. But they sell like hot cakes eitherway.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

I will have this thing the first few weeks it is out just because it is the PS3. I bought the PSP just because the same reason I bought the new mini Gameboy. I bought the Xbox 360 because of Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero but I will say I was impressed alot with PGR3 just because the graphics are amazing and the incar dash views are phenominal yes the game is a little arcady but it has the Nurburgring with the adjoined F1 track to create the Behemoth. So I will have this thing regardless of the price.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote