Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion

View Poll Results: Which on do you prefer?
5th Gear 15 16.48%
Top Gear 76 83.52%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #31
blinkmeat
Regular User

what have u been smokin?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #32
mary
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100 View Post
No matter how hard 5th Gear tries, they will never be able to match TGs chemistry between the three presenters. TG is way more entertaining, even if they only do strange challenges, but sometimes they got car reviews way better than 5th Gear could ever do. And thats what makes TG much better imo.
I agree i find Top Gear much more funny and interesting than Fifth gear.

Essence of Racing

mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #33
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default But 5th gear has Vicki

and thats about it. Top Gear is like watching a cohesive team. 5th gear is a series of vignette's. Top Gear needs to have Sabine Schmitz on more often, "Go, Go, Go, Go,Gooo!"
m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #34
DeMoN
Regular User

I agree, too many adventures and challenges and little car reviews, but lets face it... What new cars are there? What car has not been reviewed by them that has come out?

Not their fault there arent any new things to test. Whatever the reasons are, this last episode with a F1 car and Lewis Hamilton puts Top Gear up top no matter what they have done before.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #35
DeMoN
Regular User

From 5th gear, Tom is the only guy worth watching. Tiff seems to bee too expensive per minute as he doesnt show up on some episodes and when he does, he does for very little.

Top Gear, all three presenters offer something. Hamster being, imo, the less contributing. Cptn Slow is funny as is Jeremy... Hamster tries to throw jokes but fails. Anyway, so many hamster jokes have been said by Jeremy that makes him worth keeping.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #36
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default Besides...

... Hamster can't drive! does he wreck a car each season? One of these days the brain lesions will catch up to him. "I used to could do science me"

m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #37
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by m0ng0l01dz View Post
and thats about it. Top Gear is like watching a cohesive team. 5th gear is a series of vignette's. Top Gear needs to have Sabine Schmitz on more often, "Go, Go, Go, Go,Gooo!"
lol, yeah I like Sabine a lot too. She really adds a lot of character to those Top Gear episodes.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #38
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN View Post
From 5th gear, Tom is the only guy worth watching.
Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhht? Granted, he's the only one who actually does car reviews, but still...

Top Gear is still the best. And it's not as if Fifth Gear does any real car reviews. They just do some random shootouts and that's it. They seriously don't have enough air time to make the show any good. 30 mins are not enough. Sometimes whenever they get around to really cool sounding features they end up being way too short.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote