Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion

Old 07-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
dylan99
Regular User

Default Season 12 preview

Quote;
''We'll be back!
Ah ha! Fear not! The 12th series of Fifth Gear starts on September 3rd 2007. Everyone seems to love us so we're coming back quicker than normal. While you lot are off sunning yourselves, we'll be hard at work filming such delights as the Bugatti Veyron, McLaren Mercedes SLR Roadster, the Maserati Granturismo, and the new BMW M3. We'll also be trying to persuade Tom to get back into his Reliant Robin, and Jonny to become a Happy Birthday sing-a-gram.

Keep checking the website for an update on how filming's going - in the meantime enjoy the Summer and we'll see you in September!''

I hope it will be good to watch this time because season 11 sucked like hell!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Very promising I can't wait to see Tiff or Jason pushing the Veyron or the Granturismo
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

GranTurismo is something to look forward to. Apart from a few press pictures there is absolutelly no media about this car
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
vexor
Regular User

meh, i'm not expecting much, the preview is just a collection of fetures that they'll have throughout the entire season. the veyron feature may only be 7 min long and the rest of the episode will suck balls so i'm not gonna get too excited about it.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
dylan99
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
meh, i'm not expecting much, the preview is just a collection of fetures that they'll have throughout the entire season. the veyron feature may only be 7 min long and the rest of the episode will suck balls so i'm not gonna get too excited about it.
I think you are totally wright. They have being copying this for so long now from top gear and it isn't even slightly near the quality of top gear.

I don't think it will ever surpass TG, what they have to do is fire vicky butler-henderson (or something like that) and hire a new producer!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
martin100
Regular User

Donīt be to excited about the Veyron feature (i normally would be aswell!), but after all the great promises and the actual crap they came up with, iīm expecting nothing. Maby we will end up watching VBH having orgasms in the Veyron like in any fast car or the new gay bloke driving it with no action and dumb comments like always :roll:
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
Kaz
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
They should show them all in the ep1... and save my precious time of silly useless and pointless features
LOL!!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

:idea: about 5th gear, as some of you may know. I was in Bolivia while the 5th gear episodes were being hosted. I didnt want to have a bad ratio using the lame internet I have there so I didnt get any episode =(

I was wondering if someone lives near Florida or in the US that wouldnt mind burning them in cds/dvd and mailing them to me? I would pay for the shipping and CDs/DVD costs of course (paypal or whatever u want).
Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #9
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
:idea: about 5th gear, as some of you may know. I was in Bolivia while the 5th gear episodes were being hosted. I didnt want to have a bad ratio using the lame internet I have there so I didnt get any episode =(

I was wondering if someone lives near Florida or in the US that wouldnt mind burning them in cds/dvd and mailing them to me? I would pay for the shipping and CDs/DVD costs of course (paypal or whatever u want).
hey...we don't count the ratio for download group members but if you would still prefer them on disk then PM me your address and I will send you them all on DVD.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #10
blue8
Regular User

Still no 599?

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
dylan99
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8
Still no 599?
They already did the 599 twice. The first time was Tiff doing it at the official press launch at Fiorano and the second time was Tom Ford driving it trough Europe
Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
blue8
Regular User

Haha... sorry. For some reason I though this was about Top Gear They're lagging so much behind Fifth Gear right now

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by dylan99
Still no 599?
They already did the 599 twice. The first time was Tiff doing it at the official press launch at Fiorano and the second time was Tom Ford driving it trough Europe
Tiff also drove the 599 during its Panamerican tour.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 AM   #14
dylan99
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Still no 599?
Tiff also drove the 599 during its Panamerican tour.
Yeah you're wright, but that wasn't really a test, they couldn't even give it a proper road test...

One of the problems with 5th Gear is that when road tests goes wrong they have nothing and when something with Top Gear goes wrong it still is a memorable episode.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 AM   #15
gangajas
Regular User

One of the problems with 5th Gear is that when road tests goes wrong they have nothing and when something with Top Gear goes wrong it still is a memorable episode.
There weren't many memorable tests in TG's last season. At least for me.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote