Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 05-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
mrai
Regular User

Default My Photography

Just thought i'd share a few pictures of Dubai, UAE from my apartment. Plus just recently got myself the Canon 350D camera so just was testing the camera. Hope you all like them.

Ignore the construction, most frustrating thing.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Fantastic pics ...

For the night shot (#3), how long did you keep the lens open? Very good pic!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Wow, you live in an awesome place!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Fantastic pics ...

in the pictures edited form, my software can't tell you... but a guess is fairly short, judging by the light trails of the cars on the main road.. 1/8 mabey at open aperature?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:55 AM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by sameerrao
Fantastic pics ...

in the pictures edited form, my software can't tell you... but a guess is fairly short, judging by the light trails of the cars on the main road.. 1/8 mabey at open aperature?
I don't believe I have taken such a shot before - I assume the idea is that you lock focus on a non-moving target using spot metering and let the surrrounding motion create the light trails. Would this work?

Also noticed the advertisement on the first tall building in pic #1 - boy it is looooooooong!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Good quality pics and impressive view.. so many buildings beeing built atm

BTW, I beg you go out as often as you can and hunt the exotic cars that go around your country flood us with good quality, high.res pics you have some wicked things in Dubai but most pics on the net are utter shit quality wise
Old 05-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
mrai
Regular User

sameerrao : Thanks. Okay im still new to the camera but i think you mean the shutter speed yup? Actually i was using a tripod while on the balcony.

MartijnGizmo : Thanks buddy.

dani_d_mas : Thanks buddy! Acutally its similar but Dubai is ever so growing buildings are coming up everywhere.

nthfinity : Yup i guess, i edited a couple of them just the satuaration and maybe the brightness. Thanks.

everso : Thanks buddy. Actually i have no clue its our main motorway leading to the captial Abu Dhabi so i guess its been there for nearly 30 years but its growing, if you look on the west its the coast and the east is desert and more buildings.

sameerrao : Yup i used the shutter speed on the camera i have so yup your right. I ll show you more. haha that advert is massive. Thanks again.

TT : I guess your the big man around here since i have seen your posts alot around this forum and they are amazing too. Thanks buddy, appreciate. Yup i hate the construction bloody frustrating.

HAHA yup i have noticed i guess people are too lazy and plus its weird if your seen taking pictures of other peoples cars, they give you an awkward look here in Dubai. But i ll try my best as im myself busy. i myself have got a few surprises to show you later on when i take a picture of my stable, just have to wait as i study in the uk and will be heading to Dubai end of this month. Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
mrai
Regular User

Here are some more shots...

These are my dune bikes and buggies, just need to have fun in the desert every friday

She is my FAV, Honda Pilot 400CC

Here is the whole stable

Here is one in motion in the desert, its alot of fun. Thats my younger brother.

The famous 7 star hotel, Burj Al Arab

This is going to be the worlds tallest building, Burj Dubai 200 plus floors. Right in front of my apartment, 40 floors high. So thats going to be nothing compared to this building.

Sunset from behind my apartment

Hope you enjoy them.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #9
r2r
Regular User

Pretty nice pics of the Buildings mrai, Nice job!

Those dune bikes must be so much fun
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #10
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrai
HAHA yup i have noticed i guess people are too lazy and plus its weird if your seen taking pictures of other peoples cars, they give you an awkward look here in Dubai. But i ll try my best as im myself busy. i myself have got a few surprises to show you later on when i take a picture of my stable, just have to wait as i study in the uk and will be heading to Dubai end of this month. Thanks again.
Well, same here and everywhere else I guess, but you just have to shoot when nobody is looking at you or try to make them think you are shooting a building or whatever by standing a bit more far away and zooming on the car anyway after a while you get used to it so I hope you'll fnd the time, definitely
Old 05-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #11
mrai
Regular User

r2r : Thanks buddy. Yup there are alot of fun

TT : hahaha all right TT i ll try my best, just let me finish of my exams at university here in the uk and end of this month im off to Dubai, cant wait.

Thanks all once again.