Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Sunshine

Besides that JW has got it on an advertising bar ( better choice than the gay stuff ), all I know, its science fiction.

I may go see it tonight at the 12:01 showing, if I'm lazy it will be Friday.

This one is not to be confused with Stardust which comes out in a couple of weeks which is a fantasy movie, which should not be confused with The Golden Compass which is a fantasy movie starring Nichole Kidman and Daniel Craig not Michelle Pfieffer and Robert DeNero who are in Stardust. Nichole Kidman and Daniel Craig also star together in Invaders.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Hmmm. You'll be like the only one watching that tonight. Everyone, including myself, is going to watch the Simpsons Movie tonight!!!

What's it about anyways?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Hmmm. You'll be like the only one watching that tonight. Everyone, including myself, is going to watch the Simpsons Movie tonight!!!

What's it about anyways?
Global Cooling

The sun is dying in the movie.. and the earth is cooling.... go figure

It kinda feels like "Event Horizon" but not as good... don't know if its worth the price of admission.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
philip
Regular User

Uh Oh, Event Horizen was only OK.

Rotten Tomatos gave it a 73% "Stunning Visuals" or "series of contrived plot points leading to an insane conclusion"

I've got rhe Simpsons 77% and Reservations 38% the romantic comedy about chefs this weekend to see also.

Leonard Nimoy will play Spock again along with a younger actor in a time travel prequel in Star Treck XI. Kirks young actor has not been picked yet. It is scheduled for release late 2008. It will probably still suck.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip
Leonard Nimoy will play Spock again along with a younger actor in a time travel prequel in Star Treck XI. Kirks young actor has not been picked yet. It is scheduled for release late 2008. It will probably still suck.
Odd # trek movies aren't the best... but, like all trek movies, I'll pay to go see it
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
philip
Regular User

So will I, and I will collect the dvd, but it will still suck.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
philip
Regular User

I saw Sunshine tonight and thought it was very good.

I'll give it an A-, remember I like movies especially science fiction.

I thought it was much better than Event Horizon. International cast was excellent. A very well made movie, very tense. Very beliveable visuals.

As long as your willing to accept the premise that the Sun in fifty years is going dark and some large atomic bomb delivered to the sun is going to start it up again, the movie doesnt have too many plot holes. Well except for some implausible obital gymastics.

It reminded me alot of about six science fiction movies including Event Horizon, Alien and Silent Running.

Its alot like Alien without the Alien, as in the beginning you dont know who the protaganist really is, or who will survive. You also dont really know what is really going to happen, but you certainly suspect correctly that not everything is going to go as planned.

JW Australian members should be sure not to miss it.

Enjoy.