Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default No more advice needed, I got a PRO 1! Pic on page 2

As short as possible... our old Olympus C-3000 ZOOM Is sadly outdated.. I still remember, when we bought it years ago, there was nothing above the 3.3 MP... now 3.3 is basically the standard for cameras 2 inches big

So it's really time for a new one... for weeks I dreamt about the Canon EOS 300D... a damn good camera for sure.. but lately I began to realize it might be to much for me... it has features I don't really need. I love to take pics, but a shutter speed of 1/4000 sec is not mandatory considering that I'm happy enough with the 1/800 I use now LOL. And it's also pretty big even with the base lense...

And lately in the shops I see the Canon Powershot Pro1 .. smaller, 8 MP against 6.3!! Of course you can't change lenses on it as you can on the EOS... but well, I never had the need for that..
BTW for this camera, if I need to take macro pics, will I need a macro lens to add to it? I think so... but I hope not this one: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/Can...ed/Pro1_12.jpg

But really I don't know every time I read about good cameras for a good price, the EOS 300D comes up, while the Powershot is less talked about..

I'm sure it's a good camera, let's say at 80% I will buy it, but I'd like to have a couple of opinions, maybe before tomorrow since I doubt I will be able to resist more LOL.

BTW cho, if you read that, don't worry, I remember our discussions, but of course the more opinions, the better