Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Photo of the Month

Photo of the Month The MotorWorld 'Photo of the Month' Competition

View Poll Results: Your fav?
duko, Porsche Carrera GT 61 17.48%
stmoritzer, Aston Martin DB6 26 7.45%
dingo, Ferrari F50 29 8.31%
hamlet, Opel Speedster 2 0.57%
MC12, Project Kahn Aston Martin Vanquish S 26 7.45%
Wutputt, Ferrari 355 30 8.60%
FuegoTurbo, Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 6 1.72%
bloeb, Ferrari Dino 7 2.01%
sl55kleemann, Aston Martin DB6 8 2.29%
Darkel, Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 24 6.88%
MIHALS, Peugeot 206 GTI 1 0.29%
ae86_16v, BMW E36 M3 18 5.16%
dani_d_mas, Mosler MT900R 17 4.87%
RC45, Ferrari 328 0 0%
TT, Ferrari 360 Modena 37 10.60%
Maou. Lotus Elise Mk II 10 2.87%
Alan, Lamborghini Miura 13 3.72%
komotar, Subaru Impreza WRX STi 10 2.87%
Speedracer38, Dodge Viper GTS 24 6.88%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:03 AM   #16
NSX
Regular User

I'd definetly have to go with TT's pic here, the 360 Modena surrounded by snow looks very un-natural and natural look for the Ferrari to be in. It was a close decision between SpeedRacer38's Pic and TT's pic. But the reason why i didn't choose SpeedRacer38's is because, although i did like the automn surrounding, i didn't feel as though the car had much life. It was like you found the car parked there. Whereas, TT's pic shows a Ferrari, in what looks to be a parking lot that has just been thrashed around in.

Really cool pic.

P.S. leaving why you chose the pic you did is a really cool option!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:09 AM   #17
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the vote and feedback NSX
Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #18
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo

I think there is an indoor snow field here somewhere, I could drive my car in there and take a photo?
, 4WD :good:

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #19
Astonfan
Regular User

i voted for speedsters viper. the something about it, i dunno if its the scenery or what, but it just stands out to me. the 355 and the vanquish came in a close second for me
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
mayer
Regular User

1) dingo- maybe it's just the car or the color, but the picture makes me feel like I'm there.

2) dani- same reason as above, but to a lesser degree. I also picked these two because I love action shots more than pictures of stationary cars.

3) TT- I like contrasting color of the car and the scenery as well the contrasting imagery of a powerful sports car in the snow.

4) speedracer- great picture, but like I said, I like natural action photos more than staged photoshoots.

They're all great pictures though!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #21
Wutputt
Regular User

Great idea, but I always find it really hard to pick a winner, they are just al great

First I though I would pick stmoritzer's pic as my favourite, just because of the amazing background and a stunning DB6 in the foreground. And then I scrolled down to Dingo's pic, what a great panning shot of such an amazing car. But I knew TT had taken pics of a black 360 in the snow, and I really dig exotics in the snow, certainly in this case with the big contrast between the black car and the white snow. And also Speedracer's Viper shot is so nice, with a great background setting.

But in the end, I went for the underdog, Mihals's pic. It may not have an exotic in it, but imo it's a great pic. There's something about the colour scheme, which really attracts me to this picture, it's hard to explain why. Maybe it has something to do with the polarizing effect on the car, or the black and bronze looking rims in combination with the background of dark weather. Above this all the picture quality is great. I really like this pic.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:56 PM   #22
Vansquish
Regular User

I had to vote for stmoritzer's DB6 shot as I think it's the most beautiful car in the lineup this month, and it's in the most picture-perfect setting as well. Beautiful combination.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 12-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #23
stradale
Regular User

Very hard to make a choice. I loved stmoritzer's, ae86_16v's, TT's, but I voted for Maou's picture. It has great colours and a nice atmosphere!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:13 PM   #24
MIHALS
Regular User

I went for dingo's F50. it's amazing picture with amazing car in the movement :shock:

Mihals's picture isn't bad eighter, but it's just peugeot

EDIT: and now, WHO WENT FOR MY PICTURE??? 1point
Old 12-14-2005, 04:48 AM   #25
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
I went for dingo's F50. it's amazing picture with amazing car in the movement :shock:
Great choice!

I would say it might have been Wutputt........

Originally Posted by Wutputt

But in the end, I went for the underdog, Mihals's pic. It may not have an exotic in it, but imo it's a great pic. There's something about the colour scheme, which really attracts me to this picture, it's hard to explain why. Maybe it has something to do with the polarizing effect on the car, or the black and bronze looking rims in combination with the background of dark weather. Above this all the picture quality is great. I really like this pic.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 AM   #26
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
I didn't know we were supposed to look at how the picture was taken. I just thought it was what car we liked more . Voted for the Porsche, it looks pretty good
Well, it's a "photo of the month" contest, not a car sighting one
Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #27
MIHALS
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Great choice!

I would say it might have been Wutputt........

Originally Posted by Wutputt

oh thanx dingo, I missed Wut's post then ops:

and Wutputt > THANK YOU
Old 12-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #28
TransAm
Regular User

stmortizer gets my vote, great photo

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
Old 12-15-2005, 11:33 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

my vote went to hamlet, his proportions are great, and there is amazing contrast. a great photo IMO
Old 12-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #30
abbor
Regular User

My vote went to dingo... I just fell in love with that F50 with the blur around and all that....
Closed Thread