Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #166
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/moto...yama/2504.html
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #167
saadie
Regular User

that gallardo looks fantastic 8) 8)
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #168
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49079
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #169
a007apl
Regular User

The last two weekends have been very busy for the Reiter Engineering customer teams with their Lamborghini Gallardo GT3s. The drivers fought in six race series across Europe for glory, honour and points. They added three pole positions and one class win to the record books of the Reiter-built Gallardo.

Fabien Giroix took the right decision to engage the young Frenchman Nicolas Navarro as a substitute for Cyril Helias in one of his First Racing Lamboghinis. In his first ever qualifying session for the French GT championship, Navarro took pole for race 1 in Ledenon. He continued his good performance on Saturday, when Navarro / Giroix finished in second position in the GT3 category. Their team mates came home in fifth and seventh position. In the second qualifying it was Ulric Amado and Antoine Leclerc who occupied the GT3 front row with the First Racing Gallardos, and they left the opponents behind them. Due to tyre problems both teams couldn´t hold their positions at the front of the field but Navarro / Giroix had a good race and were in third place at the end. With two pole positions and two podium finishes, it was a very successful weekend for Lamborghini in France!

EGTS Peroni: Basso / Mocci in Brünn as lone fighter

Only one Gallardo took part at the second meeting of the EGTS Peroni series. Basso / Mocci took pole in qualifying and the class win in race one on Saturday. On Sunday they missed the podium with fourth place in class.

International GT Open: Hard fight for Gallardo drivers

Strong competitors did not make it easy for the MIK Corse drivers Gianpaolo Fattori / Pablo Pinato and Gianmaria Gabbiani / Fabio Spatafora in the opening race of the International GT Open in Vallelunga. Gianmaria Gabbiani at least was able to beat some of the Viper teams and took third position on the starting grid. The first 32-lap race on Saturday ended with fifth place for Fattori / Pinato and seventh position for Gabbiani / Spatafora in the GTS class. On Sunday they finished in fourth and fifth place after 26 laps.

Dutch Supercar Challenge: Royal season opener

Prince Albert von Turn und Taxis drove his first race of the year at the Nürburgring in the Dutch Supercar Challenge. After a crash in race one, when another competitor pushed his Gallardo into the gravel, von Turn und Taxis had to start the second race from 32nd place on the grid. But the 23-year-old from Regensburg managed to finish the Sunday race in fifth place and left some Ferrari 430 and Porsche 911 race cars behind him. His next appearance on the race track will be the first race of the new ADAC GT Masters, again at the Nürburgring at the beginning of June.

Czech Long Distance Championship: Training camp for S.Berg

S.Berg Racing tested two Gallardos at Brno in real racing conditions right before the first weekend of the FIA-GT3 European Championship. In qualifying the Gallardos with Danis / Dabrota / Janis and Urban / Urban / Janis reached fourth and fifth positions for the starting grid. In the three hour race they had to fight against stronger DTM and GT2 cars, but Janis / Urban / Urban finished in the Top10 overall.

Czech Sprint Series: Again S.Berg

In addition to the Long Distance Championship, S.Berg also raced in the Sprint Series, held too at the Brno circuit. Both Gallardos finished in the Top10 overall in sixth and tenth places.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #170
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/moto...ji/report.html
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #171
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/moto...nd/report.html
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #172
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/moto...am_modena.html
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #173
a007apl
Regular User

Lambo-Racing Team repeated success of 2006
Lamborghini Gallardo finished the 24 hours again

Untermerzbach (Germany), June 11, 2007 - The 37th starting position due to a ABS defect problems did not satisfy us. Because of a – thanks god, only a small – gear box problem in the pre-lap we had to start from the pit lane and to queue at the end of the first starting group. At 23:30 we dropped back about ten positions due to a tire damage. The cause for this was a part we picked up lying on the circuit. Half a round we had to drag ourselves through the circuit with this damaged tire. After a racing distance of 16 hours we were ranked on promising 16th position with potential forward, because the teams placed better than us had inferior lap-times. In our class SP8 we were positioned at this time on the second place behind the Dodge Viper and had a lead of three rounds over the team on third position. Then we unfortunately got again problems with our gear box electronic, which we could not solve despite several attempts. The last 1 ˝ hours we only drove in the fourth gear. So we end up on 42nd over-all position. In our class SP8 we could maintain the second place due to the lead we had.

We are happy and proud that we finished the 24h-race the second time in series with our Lamborghini Gallardo.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #174
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/3217/1/
Old 07-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #175
a007apl
Regular User

Team Modena Brands Hatch race notes
Racing series BGTC
Date 2007-07-16

Team Modena Lamborghini Shows Record Pace at Brands

Team Modena once more demonstrated the pace and potential of their new Lamborghini Gallardo race car this weekend as the Avon Tyres British GT Championship visited Brands Hatch, qualifying the car on the front row for the second race of the weekend, and setting a new outright GT3 lap record during that race. Only bad luck denied the team strong race finishes, Matt Owen retiring from the opening race after a spin, while Antonio Garcia was leading Sunday's race when a puncture saw him have to crawl round almost an entire lap - dropping the Lamborghini to the rear of the field.

With both drivers never having been to Brands Hatch before, Owen was in the car for the first of Saturday's two 15- minute qualifying sessions, and despite making his GT debut was 11th quickest of the 25-car field, while Garcia waited until just six minutes of the second session were left before taking to the track and putting in a series of rapid laps.

"We're very pleased," said Team Principal Graham Schultz after qualifying. "We had two intelligent runs from two intelligent drivers, and Antonio showed his professionalism by waiting for the track and traffic to be just right before going out.""

"I was pleased with qualifying," said Owen, "I went quicker than before but it was hard to find a space on the track. The times are all very close, and I can't wait for the start of the race."

"The car and circuit are new to me so I didn't know what to expect," said Garcia. "The car feels really good, but I had to overtake cars on my first two quick laps."

Saturday afternoon's round unfortunately proved a short one for Team Modena as a spin from Owen - running just outside the top ten on his first race in the competitive championship - saw him kiss the barriers at the quick Westfield corner, forcing the car into retirement. Owen had held position on his first GT rolling start through the daunting Paddock Hill Bend, and was starting to find his rhythm while running in heavy traffic when caught out on lap six.

"Matt made a smooth start to his first race with us," said Schultz, "and was then just caught out by a little bit of inexperience when under pressure. We will have the car fully repaired for tomorrow and we will show what we can do in that race."

At the start of Sunday's one-hour race Garcia moved into the lead from second on the grid with a breath-taking manoeuvre at the Druids hairpin on the opening lap, diving inside the leader and out-braking him into the tightest corner on the circuit. On his second lap Garcia set the fastest lap of the race - over a second and a half quicker than the mark that had stood at the start of the weekend.

A puncture while leading saw Garcia forced to crawl round almost an entire lap to return to the pits, effectively ending the car's race chances. Garcia handed over to Owen at the halfway point of the race, and he brought the car, running for the first time with new sponsor Riverbourne Group Ltd, corporate insurers, on the flanks, back into the top twenty overall by the end.

"It was a marvellous performance," summed up Schultz. "We were leading at the end of the first lap, and were going well until the puncture to the left rear tyre. Both drivers did well and we learnt a lot about the car today. I think we have the best prepared car out there, and we have the best looking car, the guys have done a great job on the Lamborghini."

"I pushed him hard into the first corner," said Garcia of his opening lap, "as I wanted him to brake late, then I went to the inside so that when he looked in his mirror I was already there. He did not leave me a lot of room - but there was enough. Then I was leading when the rear tyre blew, and it took me a long time to get back round to the pits.

"It is my first time at Brands Hatch, and my first impression of the circuit was that I liked it, and I still do. The Lamborghini is great and we are learning more about it every race."

"There was nothing to really be gained," said Owen of his stint in the car after re-joining the race at the rear of the field, "but it was good to have more some race time in the car and I feel I can be competitive. The team have been great all weekend and I can't wait for the next race now."

Next Avon Tyres British GT Championship round: Silverstone, Northants, August 11th / 12th

-credit: tm
Old 07-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #176
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/moto...l_preview.html
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #177
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60666