Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Default California Car Sightings (Updated:Ferrari 348 spyder pictures/ video )

News (4-17-09)
Pics and video from my birthday trip. Can I get one of the moderators to remove the date from the thread title please?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (3-19-08)

Saw my first Noble today!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (12-02-07)
I recently had a shoot with my friend's 2002 330ci modified. I plan on taking more shots this month with Michelle. I also may be purchasing this car for myself.

News (11-26-07)

What I saw today...

News (11-06-07)

Took my car up to the top of Mt. Hamilton for some photos today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (10/01/07)

Had a ton of fun at the California International Airshow in Salinas

Oh and I was taking vids as well.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (09/17/07)
A good friend of mine just bought a 2002 BMW 330ci so he needs to sell his Mustang GT so he asked me to take the car out for some photos. I didn't do a very good job but I'm sure he'll like them anyway. Taking some more pictures of the car and his new BMW tomorrow for his birthday.

Yes its just a 97 GT made up to look like a Saleen

News (08/14/07)
I took a trip to Silicon Valley Auto Group's new site(Its third lot in the same small city of Los Gatos, CA) The stong sunlight killed most of my shots but here are some of the better ones, staritng with my 3rd Veyron.

and a couple more not so good ones.

News (07/02/07)
Here are some of my favorite pics from Friday and Saturday in Monterey, California. Fiero Westfest 2007

News (03/24/07)
The shoot today went fairly well. We were pressed for time and there was a thick layer of fog in San Francisco, but we made do with what we had. Here they are, enjoy!

C5 Corvette

Saturn Sky Roadster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (03/01/07)
So I took a trip to Las Vegas. I forgot my short lense so i only had my telephoto lense. I wasnt worried because I didnt expect to see much, but I did see quite a lot of nice cars. In fact I found an awesome car showroom at the "Imperial Palace" which really posed a problem for my telephoto.

All this means I have some shots here for you guys with verying professionalism. Some of these shots are great, others are terrible but I figured youd still like to see them. There were some super rare cars in that gallery I wish I could have shown you.

Well I just realized that a lot of the images that looked clear on my cameras screen are all garbage.

<sigh>...Im so dissapointed. There are still a couple good ones I suppose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News (02/19/07)
So the 3 cars I had planned to shoot are all delayed. Mainly schedueling issues (Im going to Las Vegas on the 27th). Corvette and Sky most likely next month, Ferrari unknown. The good news however is my favorite and more reliable model has been in the mood lately. We had a shoot today and will have another next monday. I didnt have my Fiero to shoot with obviously but I still like how my Scion looks so I had her take a few with it. See my portfolio for more from the shoot.

News (02/01/07)
So I have 3 shoots planned for this month. A C5 Corvette , Saturn Sky, and Ferrari 308. The first two are co-workers so i have a couple shots of them in the parking lot.

Im gonna have to inform the sky owner the mickey mouse antenna ball has to go for the shoot lol.

Stay tuned this month for these shoots

Here are a few from SVAG today (01/30/07)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some of my favorite older shots

My Car History

(2000) 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity CL - My first car was handed down to me from my parents. My grandfather died right after he bought it and my parents had been in possesion of the car ever since.

(2002) 1987 Porsche 944 - The first car I ever bought was a Porsche. How many people can say that? I loved this car and still holds the record for the fastest ive ever driven at 135mph+

(2003) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT - This was my favorite car. Mid Engine Performance, Exotic Italian styling, Reliablity. Although I sold the car nearly 7 months ago Im still active in the Fiero community and plan on buying another. I never should have sold mine in the first place.

(2006) 2007 Scion tC - My current ride. I bought it because I needed a something more practical than my noisy gas guzzling cramped sports car. This car was perfect. 2 doors, manual transmission, reliable, affordable, great fuel economy, room for my friends and cargo, and it looks great to boot.

(2007) 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT - My second Fiero and my first time owning 2 cars at once.

She's a work in progress.

Last edited by MidEngine4Life; 04-22-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Update
MidEngine4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
deuces
Regular User

nice pics. where in california is this?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

"Northern California" but I consider it Central. San Jose. Todays shots were taken in Los Gatos to be specific
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
Firdosh7747
Regular User

awesome pix

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Nice pics!

Love the Astons and the CGT!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Damn, the Saleen! :shock: Was it the Biturbo?
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

Some nice pics dude!
Liked the AM pictures
the SLR and FordGT with open doors look cool

Thanks

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
vakpemil
Regular User

Mooore!! I would love to see some sigtings from the Rodeo Drive and the rest of Beverly Hills! For me it's still an undiscoverd place for sigthings. Hopefully I'm able to buy ticket to the States some time

....psst upload them @ autogespot.com ...only the non-dealership ones
Old 01-31-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
kocie_ruchy
Regular User

hey you know anything more about that ferrari 250 looks like being registered on polish plates? is it in cali permanently?
kocie_ruchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #10
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Oh man, oh man..... :shock:

BEAUTIFUL pics! Thank you!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
TT
Regular User

Nice! Will keep an eye on this topic!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
pterps
Regular User

Fantastic pics, keep them comming!

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #13
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stoopie
Damn, the Saleen! :shock: Was it the Biturbo?
S7 Twin Turbo, yup

Originally Posted by kocie_ruchy
hey you know anything more about that ferrari 250 looks like being registered on polish plates? is it in cali permanently?
This car was in the very far corner of a huge huge huge show with hundreds of cars and unfortunately the owner wasnt present when I was taking pictures so I really dont have a clue about it.

Originally Posted by vakpemil
Mooore!! I would love to see some sigtings from the Rodeo Drive and the rest of Beverly Hills! For me it's still an undiscoverd place for sigthings. Hopefully I'm able to buy ticket to the States some time
Well Beverly Hills is about a 6 or 7 hour drive so I dont get down there much but I do fly for free and my car club does have events down there from time to time so Im sure itll come up.

Here is a map of my location

The red star with the white circle is the state capital, thats not me, im the other red star where it says San Jose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose%2C_California
Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
kocie_ruchy
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
This car was in the very far corner of a huge huge huge show with hundreds of cars and unfortunately the owner wasnt present when I was taking pictures so I really dont have a clue about it.
k thanks for the info btw what was that event?
kocie_ruchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Palo Alto Concours De Elegance at Stanford University