Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
sivsk
Regular User

Default The roads of Trivandrum, Kerala, in India(why my M3 is VOR)

Hey just to show you some of the roads arround where i live, to get an idea od what a car and motorist has to put up with here!!!!

Later on i'll post nice pics of where i live, and place to see........

Want to see how tough a car is send it over here!!!!!

[img]

[/img]

[img]

This pot hole is actually kinda small there are alot worse.....
[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

Theory is if you can handle a car here you can drive pretty much everywhere, i've tossed out my BSM motoring and higway code books......
Oh yeah and gratuitous use of the horns..... euro cars horns, die after just a month driving here!!!!!!![/img]
sivsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

I am originally from India and was familiar with the cut and thrust driving that is the norm in India. But living in the US for the last 6 years has made me terrified of driving when I go back to India for vacations. The intense sound from the incessant honking and the pollution gives me a real headache whenever I get back. But the food and meeting my friends and families more than make up for it.

FYI, my grandparents used to live in Calicut and I used to live in Cochin when I was a 3 year old.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

Looks like in russia outside big towns except there is not that much people and traffic around

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Damn.......there's no lines on the road what so ever, looks like a hummer is the best suited vehicle there
Old 03-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Damn.......there's no lines on the road what so ever, looks like a hummer is the best suited vehicle there
Nope .. afraid not ... some of the roads are so narrow that a hummer would get stuck ....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
sivsk
Regular User

Hey sameerrao looks like you left and i came in, kind of a small world, you lived kind of down the road..... well 4 hrs away...... i love the place that is why i shifted here change of life, plus living 10 mins away from the Beach is great , i'm originally from Birmingham in England, well just outside place called Walsall, no beaches as Central England.....
Old 03-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
sivsk
Regular User

5vz-fe even if there were any lines noboedy would care they probably would just line themselves up in the middle of the road.... thi pics were a 3 min journey from home, i've got better stuff lined up for you all.... the guided tour of my home town, well new home town.....
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
sivsk
Regular User

ARMAN this was a quiet time of day, before rush hour...... actulally where i live is not too bad, kinda ok.... there are other places with real gridlock....... and if you love your paint finish on your car best park it up!!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
iraghava
Regular User

I understand sivsk I can see your plight!! LOL I am gonna try & post pictures of Delhi & Moradabad too just to show the ruckus we have on our roads. And always remember the only traffic rule of our country "Might is Right"!!!

I seriously think though that a Dodge Ram SRT-10 would be a fabulous vehicle for our roads & conditions. What do you think?

Reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of Alcohol. - Sir Johnny Walker

Senator Hillary Clinton called for President Bush to begin pulling troops out of Iraq next year. And let me tell you something, when it comes to telling a president when to pull out, no one has more experience than Hillary Clinton. - Jay Leno
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote