Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Default Sister gets in first racing accident

Put this little video together of some of the footage. Hope she approves.
"Sears Pointless 2011" 24 Hours Of LeMons
Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
tforth
Regular User

tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Yea, she was taken to the hospital afterwards. Had whiplash.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
pitfield
Regular User

I hope she'll be ok.

She looked well of her depth though, passed by other cars, her lines are terrible and she holds the wheel wrongly. The accident wasn't her fault but maybe she was difficult to avoid?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
She looked well of her depth though, passed by other cars, her lines are terrible and she holds the wheel wrongly. The accident wasn't her fault but maybe she was difficult to avoid?
Yea well shes no pro and she admits...and was a bit upset that I really only showed her first and slowest lap lol. I failed to mention that the same guy hit her husband on the same corner and hes no slouch. And bare in mind there were 3 different classes of cars out there as well.

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
oh man, I loved it when the Enterprise passed her at 'warp' speed
lol yea that was one of my favorites of the day

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62 View Post
So, you guys were there; How the hell did they fit 185 cars around that damn track??? I was watching a video yesterday from the Sentra SE-R and couldn't figure it out.
They really use every bit of the track that they can including the drag strip. Its pretty insane theres always cars going by

Last edited by MidEngine4Life; 04-08-2011 at 03:45 AM.
MidEngine4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

So, you guys were there; How the hell did they fit 185 cars around that damn track??? I was watching a video yesterday from the Sentra SE-R and couldn't figure it out.

I'm really hoping to get to the Oregon or Thunderhill race next year. With a lot of luck and a little help I MIGHT be able to do it this year.

Love the theme of your car though, lol

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

oh man, I loved it when the Enterprise passed her at 'warp' speed

Looks like the crash was a pretty hard hit. I hate those even at the go kart track, and hurt a lot.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #8
79TA
Regular User

I wouldn't pick on her lines too much as it looked like she was purposefully getting out of other people's way. She did look to be sitting too far away from the steering wheel. I don't know if that's a compromise due to the other drivers or just team oversight. While she was way too eager too shuffle the wheel, it was somewhat inevitable with given the poor reach from the improper seating position. If the seat is not adjustable, consider moving all of the other drivers a bit closer to the wheel and/or carrying a seat insert.

A good rule of thumb is if you sit with both shoulders to the back of the seat, you should be able to rest BOTH of your wrists on the top of the steering wheel. Many people think this feels too close. It's not.

Scoot her forward, tell her to hold her hands at 9 and 3 (while steering!), and teach her how to properly shuffle for anytime it might be necessary (which it doesn't seem to be given that I didn't see the wheel go past 180 degrees at any time while on track.) Also, tell her to refrain from holding the shift knob until she is actually about to shift (I see a lot of people reach for the shifter early . . . it drives me crazy)

Criticisms aside, it's awesome that she's out there racing door to door! I hope she recovers quickly from the hit.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

I will add that anytime you are hit from behind on a track the REAR car is to blame.

Per almost all track and race rules across the planet, PASING car is responsible for, well, PASSING.

If the same driver hit multiple people from behind then HE should be ejected from the track.

Case closed.

Oh yeah, and good on your sis for getting out and going door to door.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #10
pitfield
Regular User

Actually mate this ^ is not the case. If you intentionally block someone repeatedly you can be disqualified. So perhaps all the racing rules in the world bar Formula 1 and Touring cars.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Actually mate this ^ is not the case. If you intentionally block someone repeatedly you can be disqualified. So perhaps all the racing rules in the world bar Formula 1 and Touring cars.
Really? When last was someone disqualified for blocking?

Its a daily fucking tactic in that pisswilly excuse for a racing series BTCC.

The passing car is responsible for the clean pass - period.

Enforcing a blocking rule is quite difficult, as witnessed by how seldom it is enforced.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #12
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Really? When last was someone disqualified for blocking?

Its a daily fucking tactic in that pisswilly excuse for a racing series BTCC.

The passing car is responsible for the clean pass - period.

Enforcing a blocking rule is quite difficult, as witnessed by how seldom it is enforced.
Hamilton just got a 25 second penalty for blocking in Malaysia which dropped him to 8th from 7th. Alonso got nailed with the same penalty for shearing his front wing off on Hamilton's rear tire while trying to get by, so case in point. Not so much a DQ, but a penalty none the less

Perez also got a drive through penalty for smacking Sutil while trying to pass him late in the race in Shanghai.

It seems to be more in the open wheel series' that any kind of blocking/contact gets heavily scrutinized. That and SCCA.

Frankly, I think racing is more exciting when drivers make passing more difficult.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62 View Post
Hamilton just got a 25 second penalty for blocking in Malaysia which dropped him to 8th from 7th. Alonso got nailed with the same penalty for shearing his front wing off on Hamilton's rear tire while trying to get by, so case in point. Not so much a DQ, but a penalty none the less

Perez also got a drive through penalty for smacking Sutil while trying to pass him late in the race in Shanghai.

It seems to be more in the open wheel series' that any kind of blocking/contact gets heavily scrutinized. That and SCCA.

Frankly, I think racing is more exciting when drivers make passing more difficult.
So 2 out of 3 of the penalties where assigned to the passing driver then
Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
So 2 out of 3 of the penalties where assigned to the passing driver then
Actually, I was trying to point out that blocking penalties ARE assessed.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #15
79TA
Regular User

lol at the direction this thread went . . . anyway, this is the 24 Hours of LeMons. I'm sure Chief Justice Lamm dealt with the offending car and team accordingly . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote