Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 01-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

I think some people here seem to have a highly inflated opinion of their driving abilities

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #17
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
I think some people here seem to have a highly inflated opinion of their driving abilities
LOL!

At last somebody seen it too!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
chest3r
Regular User

He has driven almost all sport and supercars of the last 10-15 years.

Of coyrso he doesn't drives as well a professional driver, but I'm pretty sure he's driving skills are better than 99% of us.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I rather prefer to see a review made by I who really knows how to use the words to describe the feelings and even does some slides and stuff than seeing a guy just driving a car around a track
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I can't believe this is turning into another Jeremy vs. Tiff argument... :roll:
Old 01-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

Tiff Jermey and Hamster?

Or would May replace Tiff?

He has driven almost all sport and supercars of the last 10-15 years.
So have most of the hacks at Road and Track/ Car and Driver/ and a million other mainstream car mags. The number of cars youve driven says nothing. Its the amount of on track training you've had, the amount of natural talent you have, etc. Yet again he isn't my grandmom by any means, but like most writers and tv personalities that were only those his skill is lacking. He admits it though yet again. If he were good youd have seen him in amateur racing. Theres a reason you didnt.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #21
graywolf624
Regular User

Even if Jeremy aint the best driver out there and cant be compared with people like Tiff and Plato he still knows what he is doing behind the wheel, he have a great car controll as seen in numerous of vids of him driving, his driving on TG are more to entertain than to go fast
No arguement here.. Yet again not our grand mom. He however isn't what Id call a good driver.. Then again I may have high standards given the circles I run in. (And no Im not a good driver either. But when I use to track the camaro I ran with more then one professional winning driver. Come to think about it I don't think Ive ever done a ride along on the track with someone who didn't have a national championship in some class or other, so your mileage may vary.)

Was this aimed at my reply?
Yes I was speculating on whom the 3 musketeers are.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
I've said this before and I'll say it again: I rather prefer to see a review made by I who really knows how to use the words to describe the feelings and even does some slides and stuff than seeing a guy just driving a car around a track
Actually, that is the point... he's not so proficient at it, which is why they filmed somebody else doing those slides... granted, in some videos, its quite clear that JC is powersliding etc.... but perhaps its less then they let on?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
but I highly doubt the two others would admitt they aint great drivers so we will probably remain with two musketeers...
Why should I demote myself to please you? I never claimed to be a world class race series winner - but I can hold my own around the track corners thank you

I never said I was better than JC, I just said he sucked - he is not a "great and world class series winning" driver by any stretch of the imagination.. at least not from videos of him that I've seen. Lots of showmanship, and broadsliding - but nothing denoting turning quick lap times.

But if you want to make a point of it, I am willing to bet I am a better driver than he is, and would go so far as to say in a head to head I would turn in faster lap times that he would.. perhaps you might email him and get him to set up a little tit-for-tat

Almost every show he does the driving he ends up spinning and laughing uncontrollably at some point - usually as soon as the speed gets nothed up a few pegs
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624

As an reply to this

The 3 musketeers would be nthfinity , RC and yourself as the thread starter are one, RC threw himself on the wagon not surprisingly, as number two and then you jumped onboard....

Your last post makes me consider cutting it to two musketeers again, but I highly doubt the two others would admitt they aint great drivers so we will probably remain with two musketeers...
where have I mentioned i pwn at driving ever? I enjoy spirted drives, and track time.

I bring some new information regarding Top gear, and somehow this turns "But you guys can't drive" WTF man, wtf.

regarding ol Jezz'as speed around a fake track, lets see... 1:50 self admited TG track time in the Sizuki, which is 3 seconds off pace of other total amature drivers, and 5 seconds off of the Stig's time.... and 45 seconds off Sabine's time in the Jag diesle...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

As an reply to this

The 3 musketeers would be nthfinity , RC and yourself as the thread starter are one, RC threw himself on the wagon not surprisingly, as number two and then you jumped onboard....

Your last post makes me consider cutting it to two musketeers again, but I highly doubt the two others would admitt they aint great drivers so we will probably remain with two musketeers...
where have I mentioned i pwn at driving ever? I enjoy spirted drives, and track time.

I bring some new information regarding Top gear, and somehow this turns "But you guys can't drive" WTF man, wtf.
you opened the door for RC to claim his greatness behind the wheel, and I have never said either of you cant drive in fact I have said the exact opposite....
no, I simply tell a story directly from one of the mouths' that feed. you've taken your own spin here.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

Brembo... i think you are getting yourself confused...

RC's first response
Originally Posted by RC45
I dont think he is that good of a driver - I would hazard a guess most weekend and track day club drivers would lap JC in a couple of minutes.

I hate to say it guys, but I think he is all wind and no sail
Does this equate to RC saying "Im way better then JC" at this point? No.

but I highly doubt the two others would admitt they aint great drivers so we will probably remain with two musketeers...
Here is your statement, assuming RC, Gray, and myself all make claims to be better then mr. Clarkson... out of nowhere, I have no idea where you're coming from man... but after such statements, then how do you suspect RC would react? I dono. I may be a better driver then JC... but How would I have a comparison? I dont, so I cant... I simply know he's nowhere near as good as the pro driver supplied by FoMoCo.

I'm sorry to say, but you are creating words that didn't exist, and naturally assuming things that haven't been said... I'd almost think you were visiting us from Amsterdamn
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 AM   #27
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

damn.. got me scared there for a sec.. I was sure its gonna be something about his back..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

As an reply to this

you opened the door for RC to claim his greatness behind the wheel, and I have never said either of you cant drive in fact I have said the exact opposite....
no, I simply tell a story directly from one of the mouths' that feed. you've taken your own spin here.
Ok my bad so you are not a great driver then, its just RC who is....
Hmm the 3 musketeers theme will be quite strange then....lets call him the lone ranger, it fits better with the culture too....
I don't claim to be great - never have - I am just willing to bet in a head to head I would beat JC.

Until you and he arrange it we will never know will we.. so if you feel like proving me wrong, arrange the event.

Until then I maintain I will lap quicker than he will

Now we all know you in your superiority will be lapping both JC and myself at least 12 times.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 AM   #29
cooperluke
Regular User

I would loooove to see most JW members against JC on a race, it should be hilarious!!

Ok, he surely isn't a Schumacher, but he isn't suposed to be... he's no racing driver. But, hey, I bet he drives better than me!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

I cant arrange for you and JC to meet up and have a drive, but tell you what...ship your uber vette to Europe and lets meet up at NS and see how it plays out.....how does that sound?
Your challenge mate - you pay the shipping and airfare both ways and you are on.