Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #16
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Man! This car is gorgeous!!
The front grid looks a bit SEAT but it's cool...
Can't wait to see what it can do...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #17
leo_26782
Regular User

I just realised something: on the pics from the front, there seems to be a radiator for the air going under the car! Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have picture of the car from below (even this year car), to see how they manage the airflow under the car?
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #18
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

now i know where that ugly ass front is from...
http://business.indian-network.de/gr...chevyoptra.jpg

well.. i guess plany ot kits will be out in no time to make it look as good as it can...

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #19
enks
Regular User

I think it is a good looking car but lets see what it is going to do in the WRC :fadein:
enks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Default 2006 Subaru Impreza WRC 2006 Prototype

SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2006 Prototype exhibited
at Frankfurt International Motor Show

General News
13 September 2005

Copyright © STI

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) will exhibit its SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2006 Prototype, an experimental model of a World Rally Car based on new SUBARU IMPREZA, at Frankfurt International Motor show held in Frankfurt from September 15 to 25.

IMPREZA WRC 2006 Prototype is the experimental model of the Subaru World Rally Car developed simultaneously with a new production IMPREZA. Advanced Design Team at FHI was responsible for the design of the 2006 model including its bodywork and "MSi"(Subaru Motorsport Innovation) involved in the development of engine and chassis with Subaru World Rally Team(SWRT) in the same way as the predecessor IMPREZA WRC 2005. MSi is a motorsport development team which is composed of members from FHI and Subaru Tecnica International Inc.(STI). The image of the body design was strongly affcetd by that of the production car and aerodynamics and cooling ability were further enhanced. Additionaly new improvements according to the updated 2006 regulations were made on engine and propulsion.
FHI enforced its support for SWRT taking part in WRC from 2003. Performance of rally cars thus improved and their connection has been strengthened by applying the accumulated feedback know-how from the real rallying field to the development of production IMPREZA from which the rally model derived.

Copyright © STI Copyright © STI

IMPREZA WRC 2006 is now under further development in order to be ready for 2006 FIA World Rally Championship. It is going to make its competitive debut in Monte Carlo Rally (January 2006), opening round of the 2006 WRC season after its FIA homologation is validated.
2006 WRC flash preview
Old 10-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #21
redbaron
Regular User

Sorry its a repost

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29756
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

ahahaha
im 2 months old
at least i got some more of the story after the frankfurt show in
Old 10-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
redbaron
Regular User

Default Ford signs Marcus Gronholm

source: http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=47580&s=8

Ford have surprised the rallying world by signing Marcus Gronholm to lead their World Rally Championship assault for the next two seasons.

With Gronholm's current team Peugeot quitting the sport at the end of this season, it had been thought that the Finn would sign for a privateer effort next season in readiness for a possible return of a works Citroen team in 2007. However, the double World Champion will drive the blue oval's new Focus RS WRC in 2006.

However Ford have lured Gronholm and co-driver Timo Rautiainen to leave Peugeot after driving with the team for seven seasons. Both Peugeot and Citroen are withdrawing at the end of the year.

They will make their Ford debut in January's Monte Carlo Rally, the opening round of the 2006 series.

Ford World Rally team director Malcolm Wilson said the agreement with Gronholm was a major boost in the build-up to the 2006 season.

He said: "My priority was to sign a driver of the highest calibre, and clearly Marcus Gronholm is that driver. His experience of the sport at its highest level will prove invaluable as we continue to develop the new Focus RS WRC. He is one of the sport's very fastest and most reliable drivers and his appetite for success remains as large now as it was at the beginning of his distinguished career.

"A signing of this calibre proves how seriously Ford is taking its commitment to the WRC. And for a driver like Marcus, whose world title ambitions are clear for all to see, to commit to the team for two seasons is a huge confidence boost for all of us."

Gronholm, 37, made his world rally debut in 1989 and has started 115 full world rallies. He has won 18 events, winning the world title in 2000 and 2002. Rautiainen has partnered him in all his successes.

An announcement on Ford's full line-up for next season will be made in due course.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

this is great news!
i just hope that the ford is reliable for him, at times past, the ford has been known to break, catch fire... etc.

i hope hes just as, if not more competitive next year.

i havent kept up with WRC so much this year, anybody know why Peugeot and Citreon are quitting rally? dwindling sales? its not as if they arent successful teams?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #25
redbaron
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
this is great news!
i just hope that the ford is reliable for him, at times past, the ford has been known to break, catch fire... etc.

i hope hes just as, if not more competitive next year.
arent successful teams?
The Ford Focus is the most reliable car ever. They finished the last 50+ rallys within the points. The new car will compete in the rally of Australia this year to get some competition kilometers, so the new-car-troubles will be gone by the first rally of the new season. I.M.O the reliability will not be such an issue.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
i havent kept up with WRC so much this year, anybody know why Peugeot and Citreon are quitting rally? dwindling sales? its not as if they arent successful teams?
Peugeot and Citroen will quit rallying at the end of this season, but at the end of this month Citroen will announce if they will return in 2007 or not. If Citroen returns in 2007, the french ORECA team will service a couple of Xsara WRCs in 2006 with a lot of factory support. Peugeot will return to Le Mans with a diesel powered car and will not return to rallying.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #26
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

wow.. awesome for Ford to sign Gronholm.. i hope the WRC focus is a good match for him
Old 11-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #27
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

For example I think that Marcus is going to be the only candidate capable of keeping up the Loebs performance although Loeb will be compiting with a 2005 model in the next year; however, i think that its going to be a difficult task for Marcus since the focus has to be set up, and it doesnt seem that it had a good debut in Australia a few days ago

In addition, i think that Hirvonnen is a good contraction since he has demostrated that he is very fast in every road condition, and it seems that he doesnt spin as much as he did in the past
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:52 AM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
i wouldn't take Solberg out of the equasion just yet
Old 12-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #29
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Blah, this years looks much better......this is way too round at the front.......I hate it
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #30
racer_f50
Regular User

ya, it's a tad on the ugly side, but i sure hope it's good enough to get Gronholm some wins 8)
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote