Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #61
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
The problem is.. In almost every fight it ultimately ends up on the ground, both at the k1/ufc level and in a street fight. I think Ive seen 1 fight in my life that didnt eventually go to the ground or end cause someone broke it up... And a drunk guy getting knocked out bare knuckle isnt all that impressive. Thats a hell of an if to bank on. Id be more likely to bank on gouging someones eyes out so they cant see then I would that youd take an entire fight standing. Even in boxing itself the clinch happens many times.. ITs just natural.
The argument is that a pure wrestler is simply not trained to punch, and just because he;s a wrestler it doesnt mean that he will cleanly make the man submit withouht taking any strikes in the process what so ever.

I dont know about fighting drunk guys. What I can tell you is that 90% guys do not know how to punch, or punch hard enough.

Personaly if I punched as hard as I did in hte ring, withouht having a glove on and haveing my wrist taped, Id break my wrist each time I fought on the street.

Now not every boxer has Tysons power, and not ever wrestler is an olympic medalist.

Just because someone can take me to the ground it doesnt mean that they are good enough to completly imobilize my ass.

For all I know some average frat boy wrester will try to take me down, and while on the ground I'll still manage to throw an eblow on his forehead, or beat the shit out of his kidness till the pain is strong enough for him to just quit.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #62
graywolf624
Regular User

For all I know some average frat boy wrester will try to take me down, and while on the ground I'll still manage to throw an eblow on his forehead, or beat the shit out of his kidness till the pain is strong enough for him to just quit.
Frat boy and wrestler dont belong in the same sentence imho. I'm not refering to your average joe of either sport nor would I ever.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #63
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Frat boy and wrestler dont belong in the same sentence imho. I'm not refering to your average joe of either sport nor would I ever.
Well then we are talking about Mike Tyson Vs (sadly I dunno any big time wrestlers ) in a street fight.

Now who do you beat on?

I just dont know
Old 04-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #64
graywolf624
Regular User

Cael Sanderson.. quite easily... The man is insane.

Then again, even I know enough to tell you Tyson isn't even a good boxer.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #65
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Cael Sanderson.. quite easily... The man is insane.

Then again, even I know enough to tell you Tyson isn't even a good boxer.
I dont like Tyson, I just know there arent many people out there who would be able to sustain a bare knuckle Tyson punch to any part of their head withouht get KOd.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #66
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Just to show what Im saying, look here

To me as a striker the opening seconds I see a whole lot of opportunities to land numerous punches, even a smaller jab which would not alter my stance would still with bare knuckles bother the opponent.

While he;s grabbing my head I can kick him to the body, which would probably end up in me going down, but I would still land a kick to the kidness which would bother him.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #67
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by DrijF360
here check this out

kickboxer vs BJJ
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpi...edson-carvalho
Well I think Gray is saying that a good wrestler would not allow that to happen.

While I stick to the other side, were Id be like Igor, just striking and striking and not allowing for the wrestler to take me down.

Or if he gets within range this would happen

Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #68
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I agree most fights go to the ground. For me I've always hit them first then they've dropped so luckily I haven't had to go to the ground but it is important to have a goood ground game when necessary. Street fights especially you want to get out of it as soon as possible, so you're better off striking.
Same story here. Most of the time someone would try to clinch me up and take me down, while I would use nothing but my strength to at least get one of my hands free and land a punch and then its my game.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #69
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well I think Gray is saying that a good wrestler would not allow that to happen.
how would you counter a striker then?
Who me or a wrestler?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #70
graywolf624
Regular User

o me as a striker the opening seconds I see a whole lot of opportunities to land numerous punches, even a smaller jab which would not alter my stance would still with bare knuckles bother the opponent.
Your comparing a match between two wrestlers to a match between a wrestler and a boxer. The moves you choose in a match depend on your opponent. As mentioned above wrestling is extremely tactical. If you go out there planning a series of moves your going to lose.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #71
graywolf624
Regular User

Most of the time someone would try to clinch me up and take me down, while I would use nothing but my strength to at least get one of my hands free and land a punch and then its my game.
Your strenght wont get you free from a wrestling clinch. Yet again.. Take the example of freshman wrestlers.. There are certain moves you wont get out of unless you know the trick.

While I stick to the other side, were Id be like Igor, just striking and striking and not allowing for the wrestler to take me down.
Were you watching the same fight I was.. Igor clearly has more wrestling experience then Edson.. Not to mention neither is exceedingly good at grappling judging by the fight.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #72
SFDMALEX
Regular User

wrestler

if it was me and he dove for a take down he's getting a knee or an elbow. what about you?
If he came within range of a clinch Id fake something to make him concetnrate on that and then either punch him or kick him from an angle he wouldnt see coming.

If he dove for my legs Id step back and kick him in the head.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #73
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Were you watching the same fight I was.. Igor clearly has more wrestling experience then Edson.. Not to mention neither is exceedingly good at grappling judging by the fight.
If what Igor showed there you consider to be wreslting experiance then I know that much wrestling my self
Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #74
graywolf624
Regular User

You assume youd have the chance to step back. You say he makes the same mistake dodging a punch... Perhaps you should think about that disparity.

You also say hed make the same mistake witha fake and you wouldnt miss such a fake from a wrestler. The problem with that arguement is, besides that its extremely incongruous.. As standing up the wrestler can use the same tricks on you... The wrestler can also take you down on the mat. So your on almost equal footing standing.. and your screwed if he gets you to the ground.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #75
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Your comparing a match between two wrestlers to a match between a wrestler and a boxer. The moves you choose in a match depend on your opponent. As mentioned above wrestling is extremely tactical. If you go out there planning a series of moves your going to lose.
Well I think Im bright enough to take a wrestling stance against a wrester and get my hands close enough to his head to throw a punch.

I would definetly not stand upright against someone who I know is a wrestler.