Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
hirev
Regular User

Default A Volvo!

One of my cars is a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, sure it is a q ship and no one pays attention to it...0-60 is about 6.5 seconds, 236 hp. front drive handles well, especially with the sport suspension option and a new set of 4 Bilsteins. Wet weather does not hamper the handling. Safe as milk, goes like a bat outta hell, decent gas mileage, room for grandma and grandpa and the kids. large trunk...best a/c heater on the planet and those seats are like heaven. Sure it is an automatic, for the wife you understand, but i do not mind the throttle by wire trans setup that learns what i want and shift when i want it to with the go pedal.
hirev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
stradale
Regular User

Nice car. I have a soft spot for the powerful Volvos. The T5 is a fine engine. Any pics?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
hirev
Regular User

Sorry, no photos, but they are everywhere. mine is silver with the factory spoiler and wheels. grey interior.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
levensnevel
Regular User

Shame,

thought it was this

one
Piccy was shot at Rudskogen September 2003
Just kiddin' hirev, you've got a very nice Volvo. Shame she's a little bit too big for me

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

lol^^
Old 02-26-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
hirev
Regular User

actually i have the sedan, when it is an S70 it is a sedan, when it is a v70 it is a wagon. i did have the 1994 volvo T55, which was the sport wagon, and it was red...this was the first year in the us of the model and it was seriously fast, in fact for just a little while it was the fastest 0-60 stationwagon in the world, about 7 seconds, but that was 1994. that car had a stiffer suspension and came with 50 series tires, except for the fact that it was a real lemon we loved it...kept it for 7 years, but we had problems...our newer volvo is a bit softer in ride quality and does not handle quiet the same, but is a gem mechanically, like a "honda", so far 51,000 miles and only front brakes and tires. i wish i could find one of these in a 5 speed for my son!
Old 02-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #7
coombsie66
Regular User

If u took off the ridiculously large exhaust pipes, and stupid gay ass graphics i recon that red volvo looks pretty sweet!!
People have always just gotta go tooo far!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

^^ yeah I think so too..Just the stickers and twin exhaust wrecks it..hirev when are we going to see some pics of your car?
Originally Posted by hirev
actually i have the sedan, when it is an S70 it is a sedan, when it is a v70 it is a wagon. i did have the 1994 volvo T55, which was the sport wagon, and it was red...this was the first year in the us of the model and it was seriously fast, in fact for just a little while it was the fastest 0-60 stationwagon in the world, about 7 seconds, but that was 1994. that car had a stiffer suspension and came with 50 series tires, except for the fact that it was a real lemon we loved it...kept it for 7 years, but we had problems...our newer volvo is a bit softer in ride quality and does not handle quiet the same, but is a gem mechanically, like a "honda", so far 51,000 miles and only front brakes and tires. i wish i could find one of these in a 5 speed for my son!
The quickest Wagon was the T5-R 850 and it only came out in a yellow colour and only 3000 where every made,so your car was proably T5 wagon(still pretty quick)...The 850 T5-R was once the fastest wagons till the WRX wagon came out...
Old 02-27-2004, 10:58 PM   #9
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ The T5-R 850 also came out in red as that was the car that Jeremy Clarkson fell in love with a few years back.
They looked smart, but for their size there wasnt that much interior space, we test drove an 850 T5 a few years back, it was quick but nothin special, it wasnt wat we needed, so ended up gettin a VR6 ford Galaxy. But when i could drive that all changed!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #10
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

We only got the Yellow T5-Rs,and they said back in 1995,they said there was only one paint colour for them(wheels magazine 1995 april)..Anyway,What audi station wagon was faster then the 850 T5-R back then?I dunno much about Audis.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
dfarah
Regular User

Originally Posted by hirev View Post
One of my cars is a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, sure it is a q ship and no one pays attention to it...0-60 is about 6.5 seconds, 236 hp. front drive handles well, especially with the sport suspension option and a new set of 4 Bilsteins volvo parts. Wet weather does not hamper the handling. Safe as milk, goes like a bat outta hell, decent gas mileage, room for grandma and grandpa and the kids. large trunk...best a/c heater on the planet and those seats are like heaven. Sure it is an automatic, for the wife you understand, but i do not mind the throttle by wire trans setup that learns what i want and shift when i want it to with the go pedal.
I want to see that car as well. My uncle has the same model as you do. It has been his car for almost 3 years now.

Last edited by dfarah; 07-20-2009 at 11:13 PM.
dfarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
pitfield
Regular User

Torque steer?