Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Make new friends and get to know other members.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
AntR
Regular User

Default Hi, new MW Member...

... Well, new to the forums that is. Been downloading some of the excellent torrents for a while now (and trying desperately hard to maintain a 1:1 ratio on my decidedly average internet connection ).

Anyways a little about me (or at least as much as I'm prepared to divulge to a bunch of anonymous strangers on an internet forum, no offence intended of course )... Huge car fan, very few things that could make me miss an episode of Top Gear, and love motorsports (F1 notwithstanding).

Bit obsessed with 'classic' Mercedes and BMW's if for no other reason than I'm living in Thailand currently and they're really the only viable option when it comes to anything decent. For those that don't know much about Thailand - and actually probably more surprising for those that do - cars here are unfortunately stupidly overpriced relative to just about everything else. It's no exaggeration that what sits in the driveway can often cost more than the house itself.

Bascially you can expect to pay double, often more, for the same car than you would in other countries. Just by way of example (because I'm looking at it now) a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo goes for about B17,500,000 which is around 280,000 Great Britain Squid (or $560,000 of the US Peso) Absolute insanity I tells ya.

So whilst I'm sure it pales in comparison to the cars some members probably drive that's why I currently drive an '88 Mercedes 280CE (well, that and I love them). Even then I paid about double what I would've back home. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose.

Anyways apologies for the extended lament/rant on car prices here! Just wanted to say hi and look forward to reading and having (hopefully) some input into the forums. Cheers.
AntR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

Welcome! Check out the photo gallery for nice MB/BMW pics and the MB and BMW sections!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
AntR
Regular User

Cheers TGNL, and thanks for the pointer. Will do.

[Edit]

That being said, and apologies in advance because I'm probably being a bit dense here, I will check them out when I can find them. Where are those sections exactly?

Last edited by AntR; 03-26-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: General idiocy, probably.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

those older merc's are much cooler then most of the modern one's, welcome AntR

I'm happy to have you on the forums, and we'll be happy to help you with most any question (granted that we have an answer )

The gallery link is on the upper left in the middle of the tabs and can be found HERE

If there is a photo of a certain kind of car, just plug it into the search bar, and if it's been uploaded, it will be there

If it isn't, feel free to upload
Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by AntR View Post
Cheers TGNL, and thanks for the pointer. Will do.

[Edit]

That being said, and apologies in advance because I'm probably being a bit dense here, I will check them out when I can find them. Where are those sections exactly?
Well like Nth pointed out those are the galleries. Real designated area's for MB and BMW we don't have (yet) but there's enough about it in the general section http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
AntR
Regular User

those older merc's are much cooler then most of the modern one's
You, sir, are clearly a man of refined taste and class!

Thanks for the welcome and the further pointers.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
AntR
Regular User

So then... This forum seems a little quiet?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Welcome to the club. Yea the forum has quiet times, but then you come back the next day and your thread has just dropped 100 places
Old 03-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
styla21
Regular User

Welcome AntR,
You are definately amongst friends here. I was in Bangkok about 6 months ago...Great culture, unreal food.
Definately have a go and start posting!! Welcome.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
enzoferrari
Regular User

Welcome to MW,post some pics of your car when u can.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #11
AntR
Regular User

Cheers guys, thanks again.

post some pics of your car when u can
Yeah that's definately something I'll have to do. Thus far my shiftless laziness has prevented me from taking so pics per the forum rules - that being said I should just post some of the current pics I have, I'm not sure why anyone would pretend to own the car that I do!