Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Opinions of Enthusia's Nurburgring.

So - those that have already tackled the Nurburgring as interpretted and provided by Enthusia = what's your verdict?

It feels less "bumpy" than the GT4 version - but not as flat and smooth as the Forza version.

Where as the Forza version lets you pretty much run flatout all the way round wiht the prototype race cars - Enthusia may not have the surface bumps to upset your path and speed like GT4's, but it sure as hell won't allow "arcade style" flying laps.

Which is good- there are many laces that not lifting will put you in the wall where Forza just lets sail through the corner at 185mph.

I put GT4 at 1, Enthusia at 2 and Forza 3.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

I am guessing that nobody has bothered playing Enthusia then.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

i tried it, and yeah, gt4 has it beat hands down. the level of detail in the track is much higher than in enthusia.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89
i tried it, and yeah, gt4 has it beat hands down. the level of detail in the track is much higher than in enthusia.
I dunno about "hands down" - the big thing I notice with back to back is the lack of surface bumps - but after spending a lit bit more time with it the lack of bumps is not that bad when you consider the better AI and the inclusion of the customizable grids in Enthusia.

The GT4 AI is now a pain in the arse when compared to Enthusia and Forza.

The driving feel of the cars in Enthusia also seem to have a slightly more "real" feel about them.

I tried to find a way to describe the feeling I sometimes get from GT4 - and this is the closets I could come up with:

At times GT4 seems to have the cars pivot as you steer rather than turn - and this feeling is completely absent from Enthusia.

I will throw together a better review at a later time.

Now that I have pretty muched finished the game, and have all the tracks and cars unlocked it is becoming really enjoyable.

Just grab the game, set up a BMI style grid at Tsukuba, dial in 6 laps and see if I can run down the "Porsche" Ruf with an NSX.

Gansan better watch out..
Old 06-14-2005, 12:35 AM   #5
sads
Regular User

I am realy looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of Enthusia at the begining of next week when its fianly released here!.
I keep hearing that it runs a distant third to GT4 and Froza is it true though? I like GT4's gameplay and physic's much much more the Forza, So like the idea of a hardcore sim game like Enthusia
Old 06-14-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

I would say Forza runs a 3rd to Enthusia.

I have been able to quantify (in my opinion) the major difference between Enthusia and GT4.

I use the Ruf CTR Yellowbird as the car - and the Nurburgring as the track.

Back to back Enthusia vs GT4 sessions ahd me lapping GT4 with stock Yellowbird at about 7:48ish - Enthusia I struggle to get below 7:54ish.

The made difeference is the minimal tactile LATERAL forcefeed back with Enthusia.

But not to say that it is less "realistic" than GT4, it's just that the very firm tactile lateral feedback allows you to corner a lot more agressively and "feel" the caras it is about to let go... almost the way you get feedback through the wheel in a real car.

This tactile lateral feeback is what gives GT4 the "bumpy track feeling".

It almost seems as if the tyres in GT4 offer way more grip, but what is really happeneing is Enthusia feels a lot like nion-force feed back wheel on the XBox to you end up driving like a movie actor, sawing on the whell left-right-left-right until you get the feel for the nuetral nature of the wheel - even though the car you are driving is a vicious oversteerer.

This all means you end up providing your own forcefeed back.

It also means you can hang some wicked Walter Ruhl style slides lock to lock fishtailing though sets of s-bends.

I am still undecided as to which is the over all most realistic - GT4 almost seems to allow yo uto lap too fast under the same circumstances.

BTW, GT4 stock tyres let me lap at 7:48 - only switching to super-soft racing drops my time to 7:15 with a couple sections I can probably drop 2 seconds a piece in.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

[I am repeating this post as the first post of a dedicated ForceShock thread as well...]

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=420851#420851

BTW - I got hold of one of those Fanatec Speedshock 3 "fake force feedback" wheels for the XBox - and had a go at the Ring with a Porker.

I used a slightly modded '87 911 Turbo to even up the odds.

The Forceshock wheel tries hard to bring Force Feedback tactile sensations to the XBox, but since the rumbles and wheel jerks are not actual event triggered, on a track like Nurburgring, they are more of a challenge and wrinkle to the experience, as the places you expect certain input from the wheel (such as approach to Flugplatz, rounding Exmuhle and approaching Angst Kurve - or Wipperman) you get the rumbles and some herks that seem counter intutive and the input you give then results in frustration or disaster.

It's like they should have increased steering resitance so you could simple fight the nuetral wheel resistance and not really bothered with the "force feedback" and then just had some rumbles to give a sentsation.

In the end, you have to learn a special set of "compensate for the ultra UN-realistic wheel" moves and responses, so you are actually mastering the nuaces of the game control, not the reality of simulated auto control.

So - that being said, once you figure out how to "play the system" you start lapping like a mofo... (8:00 so far my best with my modded 911 - more sliding/drifting display that fast lap... ) but jump back onto GT4 and you realize on the Fanatec wheel you were "playing the control" not "driving the car".