Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #31
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Uhm I've seen pictures of Enzo's not ripped in two.. If you go to wreckedexotics.com (don't know if that site is known here) you'll find a few 'whole' Enzo's..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #32
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
Originally Posted by ViperASR
I think the design of the car was great, if not close to perfect. It just seems that the if the car is T-boned or something like that happens, it splits in the middle. Perhaps it is the result of the carbon-fibre, in that is does not bend like steel/aluminum, it shatters.
You stupid imbecil :x , that chassis was designed in order to brake apart in case the impact passes some value.
In that case not only the passangers have a better chance of surviving but also some idiot like you that comes from the other direction doesn`t get hit by 1350kg but rather by half, and improving the chances of survival for everybody , you dipshit.

The same company that makes the chassis for Enzo made the one for Carrera GT(and for Veyron too), and when that lady crashed the Black GT the car split in two also.

How come a moron like you, somehow finds flaws in the worlds best cars ? :alienflip:

Wow dude, when did I say I was finding flaws in it. And I highly doubt that the car was designed to split in 2 so I didnt get hit by the whole car. It was probobly designed to do that to absorb alot of the impact so the driver dosnt have to absorb that energy. Its the same thing with crumple zones in other cars. As for getting hit by the whole car/half the car, if the car split during an accident with another car, the car would be whole untill the accident, where it then would split into 2 part, therefore, you would get hit by the whole car, or 2 halves if that would make you feel better.

Man, and I also thought RC was harsh, but at least to get a reaction from RC like that you have to provoke him....

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Man, and I also thought RC was harsh, but at least to get a reaction from RC like that you have to provoke him....
just think of me as a grouchy dog under the back porch... as long as you don't poke me with a stick it's all ok
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #34
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Its the same thing with crumple zones in other cars. As for getting hit by the whole car/half the car, if the car split during an accident with another car, the car would be whole untill the accident, where it then would split into 2 part, therefore, you would get hit by the whole car, or 2 halves if that would make you feel better.
:roll: , the whole idea was in case of an accident with another car, was to protect the other vehicle too Einstein.
If you`ll hit a wall at 150km/h no crumple zone and airbag it`s gonna save your life, but if you hit/get hit by an Enzo at that speed by splitting you have the best way of dissipating the energy from the contact.
This kind of enginnering protects everybody: from the careless supercar driver that hit a pole, tree,whatever at some 200km/h +,the other drivers on the road and so on.

This was your first troll reply

Obviously the "weak" spot on the enzo is between the passenger compartment and the engine bay.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #35
LEXION
Regular User

MARSEILLE, France -- Russian billionaire and parliamentarian Suleiman Kerimov was in critical condition in a French hospital on Monday after his car crashed and caught fire on a Mediterranean coast road, a hospital spokesman said.

Kerimov was being treated in a Marseille hospital after his black Ferrari sports car crashed on Saturday on the chic Promenade des Anglais, a boulevard which runs along the sea front in the city of Nice, a police spokesman said.

He did not say what had caused the crash.

"He's in a critical condition," said a hospital spokesman in Marseille, adding that Kerimov had suffered burns. "He is on artificial respiration."

Kerimov, 41, is worth $7.1 billion according to Forbes magazine, whose annual survey of the world's richest people put him at No. 72, and made him the 11th richest Russian.

He was born in Russia's southern region of Dagestan near the troubled region of Chechnya and owns big stakes in gas monopoly Gazprom and Russia's largest bank, Sberbank.

He also controls the Russian silver mining firm Polymetal, which plans an initial public share offering in January.

Polymetal declined to comment on Monday when asked whether its plans might change as a result of Kerimov's crash.

Kerimov leapt into the top league of Russian billionaires in the late 1990s, several years after he started to borrow aggressively from banks to buy shares in state companies, betting that the value of his investments would rise over time.

Married with three children, he is regularly linked by Russian tabloids to some of Russia's most famous young women.

Russian media reported last year that he paid $1 million to fly pop stars Shakira and Christina Aguilera to Russia to celebrate his 40th birthday.

Police said a young woman was in Kerimov's car at the time of the crash and suffered less serious injuries. Her name was not released.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/eu...eut/index.html

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #36
TopGearNL
Regular User

Those Russians really have some money :shock:

For the sake of his children I hope he will get better...
Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

You really think he is a "father" to his children?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #38
TeflonTron
Regular User

^^^
lol

That does suck that all these enzo's are being crashed like this though. Obviously the "weak" spot on the enzo is between the passenger compartment and the engine bay.
Why is that the weak spot? Has it not occured to people that the car may be designed to brek into two pieces, so that the havy engine goes one way, and the driver in his safety cell goes another way?

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread and I see that the above has already been mentioned.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #39
Ghostbat
Regular User

^^

Has it not occurred to you to read previous posts in this topic

Rammius has already kindly replied to vipers post..

Personally I think the "weak spot" in most Enzos is the mofo driving it.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
^^^
lol

That does suck that all these enzo's are being crashed like this though. Obviously the "weak" spot on the enzo is between the passenger compartment and the engine bay.
Why is that the weak spot? Has it not occured to people that the car may be designed to brek into two pieces, so that the havy engine goes one way, and the driver in his safety cell goes another way?

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread and I see that the above has already been mentioned.
Actually I think you guys are all full of crap.. the car wasn't "designed to break into 2 and safely go their seperate ways".

I suspect it is rather a by product of the materials and design, not BY design..
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #41
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
^^

Has it not occurred to you to read previous posts in this topic

Rammius has already kindly replied to vipers post..

Personally I think the "weak spot" in most Enzos is the mofo driving it.
Well yes, but I started at the begining until I read that post, and wanted to reply to it, so I did. I then looked and saw that there were a bunch of other osts after.

RC: if that is the case, and I'm open to believe that it's possible, then Ferrari is opening themselves up for a MASSIVE lawsuit. The last people you want to sue you are those than can splurge $1 million+ on a toy.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 AM   #42
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Yes, some of you car connaisseurs really know a lot of stuff about ATR group and its products :roll:

http://www.atrgroup.it/eng/clienti.htm
Old 11-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC: if that is the case, and I'm open to believe that it's possible, then Ferrari is opening themselves up for a MASSIVE lawsuit. The last people you want to sue you are those than can splurge $1 million+ on a toy.
Not at all - these cars are not any more unsafe than sitting on a toilet in a train station.

You can't "speed" on the road then sue the car maker
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
Yes, some of you car connaisseurs really know a lot of stuff about ATR group and its products :roll:

http://www.atrgroup.it/eng/clienti.htm
So? Just because they made all the parts doesn't mean they are the best to have designed or made them.. it just means they won the contract
Old 11-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #45
pterps
Regular User

The car was in one piece after the crash!! Picture taken by safety cam on the airport.

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote