Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 AM   #31
saadie
Regular User

holy shit :shock:
looks like he hit the bushes/trees on the left in the first pic ....
RIP :cry:
Old 11-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #32
Gilles27
Regular User

The tyre who apears in a first sight (near to the view point of the photograper) in the last shoot it doesn´t belong to an Enzo, isn´t it?
All crashes involving deaths are sad.
The road looks simply straight to crash so fiercely.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 AM   #33
lorbmw69
Regular User

that might be the worst accident i've ever seen! it's terrible to hear that the man died...he must have going 150+ that road was dead straight!

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM   #34
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

I just read off of Ferrarichat.com that the police believe the driver was doing 256km/h!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WAS HE THINKING???? :shock:
Old 11-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #35
st-anger
Regular User

...i won´t name any names but i´m very very very sad about some statements in here and i think it´s NOT right to use such hard words regardeless how the circumstances were, and i´d like to invite those ppl to plz better think twice next time, it really made me sad reading such comments here on JW ...

this should be no offense to anyone and we all have our own opinion on things but plz think of his wife AND two little daughters - that said i do not know the driver in person but a buddy of mine from italy knows him due to his cars incl. that Enzo...

i think i won´t comment on my point of view - just want to add that i could have ended up like this the one or other time too and i´m also married and at that age - am i a stupid idiot now as well ??? ... just want to hint that there can be other point of views

personally i´m sorry for him, his wife, loveones and especially kids but also happy that no one else was involved, period

- on a sidenote i want to add that i´m still a critic of posting pics of a crashed car in which a fellow enthusiast died... :idea:

...sorry guys, maybe i´m just another maniac old guy but i had to post that bit of (hopefully) constructive criticism...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM   #36
RAMMIUS
Regular User

holy shit :shock: 256 km/h on that kind of road :shock:
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #37
htfaber
Regular User

very well said st-anger.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #38
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I understand your point st-anger - and I've also thought about his parents, his wife and kids... but this guy was doing 256kmh on a public road (not even a autostrada). For me it deserves the same respect as a drunk driver...
...i perfectly see your - and the others point - when talking about excessive speeding on public roads and its effects and this is IMO the main point here and SHOULD probably be the main point of the whole discussion and NOT if or if not he´s been that stupid and even entitle him as ... whatever...

Dani, a drunk driver doesn´t know what he´s doing but 90% of the drivers who´re owning such cars, or sportscars in general, definitely know what they´re doing and are 110% concentrated PLUS - they know about the risks, everything else is fate, but i have to admitt that driving that fast wherever is probably not the smartest thing to do but to discuss that in full detail we´d need waaaaay more time and i think u´d then understand my point "better" - better said u´d see it from another side...

last, i again want to add that it could have been myself but as i said - to fully understand that it would take us quite some time..........................
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #39
Anonymous

Originally Posted by st-anger
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I understand your point st-anger - and I've also thought about his parents, his wife and kids... but this guy was doing 256kmh on a public road (not even a autostrada). For me it deserves the same respect as a drunk driver...
...i perfectly see your - and the others point - when talking about excessive speeding on public roads and its effects and this is IMO the main point here and SHOULD probably be the main point of the whole discussion and NOT if or if not he´s been that stupid and even entitle him as ... whatever...

Dani, a drunk driver doesn´t know what he´s doing but 90% of the drivers who´re owning such cars, or sportscars in general, definitely know what they´re doing and are 110% concentrated PLUS - they know about the risks, everything else is fate, but i have to admitt that driving that fast wherever is probably not the smartest thing to do but to discuss that in full detail we´d need waaaaay more time and i think u´d then understand my point "better" - better said u´d see it from another side...

last, i again want to add that it could have been myself but as i said - to fully understand that it would take us quite some time..........................
Yup but as you say he knew the risks, that's life, maybe these pics will encourage some other person not to drive so fast to cause that much damage when it is clearly not appropriate to do so. We all take risks but we can still have sympathy for his family even while saying its his own damn fault by the looks of that (no proof of course yet but 99% certain) I feel bad for his family and friends but I don't believe in fate, he took the risk and lost, that can happen even while on track the proper place for such driving, the human body is not made for such impacts :bah: If there was gore in the pics i don't think TT would have posted them, but for discussion of the right and wrongs and to discourage others from meeting the same fate its appropriate IMO. I'm just glad nobody else was involved.

Fact is at the sort of speeds being speculated he could have quite easily taken multiple people with him, i don't care how concentrated or how much he knew what he was doing i'm pretty damn sure he was in the wrong. He certainly chose the wrong road, single carraigeway with white line usually indicates it is not the sort of road to push such a car :bah:
Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #40
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

:shock:

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #41
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

yeah i'm with ST and brembo.. i know i pushed the limits on some (very crappy, israeli) roads.. and sometimes you cross that limit.. and if things dont go right shit can and does happen.. now unless something else is in fault.. know your \ your cars limits... and if you have a track.. (like the one we dont have.. as motor racing is illegal here.. never was.. long story) take there.. but come on.. even then.. you wont go the speed limit.. but maybe you wont feel the "need" to take it much higher.. you know what i mean?..

anyway..

like brembo said.. RIP fellow car enthusiast....

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #42
Anonymous

Originally Posted by brembo
I agree with st anger here...yes it was the drivers fault if he was going in that speed, but that doesnt make him an idiot.....it makes him a car guy who liked the thrill of going fast....pretty much like 99% of this forums members if we are going to be honest..
Dont act like you never have gone too fast yourself, cuz if you are a car nut you most likely have done, and in a much less capable car than an Enzo....
Im starting to get tired of comments like these on forums (JW not being the worst, but we got our cases) I know its the politicaly correct thing to say, but come on you are fooling no one...most of us like to go fast the memebers top speed thread and the thrill people get from watching GIS ghostrider, gumball and other vids prove this.....it only makes one sound like a hypocrit.....
Its easy to say he was an idiot cuz he was speeding on such a road, but its on those kind of roads its most thrilling to go fast.....going fast on the Autobahn are just going fast not exactly adrenalin pumping....sometimes things goes south like in this case wich is sad, but shit happens in life thats just how it is.....

My toughts goes to his wife kids and friends....

RIP fellow car enthusiast....
yes bust equally don't act like he did nothing wrong and i disagree on the road part, i personally never push it on a road with solid white lines, around me atleast these are generally quite dangerous roads/ streches.We all know any owner of a supercar isn't going to stick to the speed limits all the time and neither do most drivers however when it comes back and bites them in the arse do we have to say what a tradegy it is? It is sad that his family and friends have lost him, nobody deserves to be die like this, however i can't say that if its proved he was (from the computer presumably) that he was doing over 250kph then really i lose sympathy for him, i wouldn't expect any in the same position. Condolences to his family and friends none the less
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM   #43
graywolf624
Regular User

know its the politicaly correct thing to say, but come on you are fooling no one...most of us like to go fast the memebers top speed thread and the thrill people get from watching GIS ghostrider, gumball and other vids prove this.....it only makes one sound like a hypocrit.....
First off I don't watch that type of movie for that very reason.
Second, there is a big difference between breaking the speed limit and driving over your ability. Given he's dead he didn't just break the speed limit, he's an asshat who didn't heed his own limits and drove over them on a public road. When you drive like an asshat on public roads its not just your own life you take in your hands. Take it to the track... Darwin has success.

Theres no way in hell he was driving reasonable speed given the pictures, and in a single car accident its his fault, no one elses. I don't feel sorry for him, I feel relieved he died on his own rather then taking out an innocent. If you drive 10/10ths on the road you don't deserve a license in my book. I do of course feel sorry for his family.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM   #44
graywolf624
Regular User

^^Excellent.. Hell no..
Smart enough to go to the track when driving at over 100 mph.. And smart enough to realize that 100 mph + on a 2 lane road is not right period yes.

Even as Michael Schumacher you shouldnt be at the speeds this guy had to be going on a road that size.

I care about the risk to my kids, my neighbors kids, the old lady across the street, ect..

Reasonable speed doesn't kill, driving beyond your abilities does and you have no place exploring those abilities on public roads. Nor do I, this guy, a professional driver, or anyone else. A little bit of speed doesn't kill, treating the road like a race track does.

Its you that took the all high and mighty, that somehow calling the guy an idiot somehow makes someone a hypocrit cause they may or may not watch those videos. To which I called your bullshit. To which you somehow say I claim I'm perfect. I'm not perfect, if I was I'd think I could get away with driving like this asshat, I can't and neither can anyone else. Right from wrong doesn't change no matter who you are, whether you make mistakes, bad choices, or whatever else.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

Al, what does the dubble white line mean? this is a style that we dont have here... im sure we do, but not with that specific raod lines.

i am not with gray, when it comes to enjoying a video like Ghost rider, and GIS. i am, however with him when it comes to driving at speed (IMO above 6/10ths belong on a track) i enjoy a winding road quite a bit... but going tripple digit speeds is something i am unwilling to replicate ever again- not with my jeep. i cherrish life too much to be such a hooligan.

anyway; definately owning such a car puts an entirely different perspective on things. my condolences to his wife and daughters.