Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-10-2005, 11:16 PM   #16
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Seems us anti-ricers are in the minority...
Sad but true, u can see at toy stands that many of the toy cars for little kids are all riced up, dubs, and shit like that and people buy it, its whats hot right now...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #17
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Sad but true, u can see at toy stands that many of the toy cars for little kids are all riced up, dubs, and shit like that and people buy it, its whats hot right now...
yeah i always go in search of Ferrari or Lamborghini models that are respectable and good but i end up finding DUB and riced up Ferrari's instead of the perfect ones :cry:
Old 04-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #18
DeMoN
Regular User

Thats true, NSF hasnt released a great supercar game in a while. Underground seems to be gone, I hope.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

No shit mate. Fucking dickheads love that stuff. FNF and stickerd up civics are the sheeet right now. The future is doomed.

As for NFS. NFS lost it with NFS 6. NFS1 was a great game. Just jump into a supercar run away from cops. I would still play it if I did not have problem calibrating it with a USB wheel.

NFS 2 was just a great supercar game. Jump in and drive.

NFS 3 was the bomb. Probably the funest arcade game I ever played. NFS 4 was just a service pack for NFS 3. A lot like the GT3 and GT4.

NFS 5 was also amazing. The graphics are still great. The cars are awesome, the physics were a great mix between simulation and arcade. The music was great.

and NFS 6 killed it all, and after that the NFSu series tottaly bastardized the NFS series.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

^^^ so the "cops" can drop exploding barrels at you while you try make your getaway in a vinyled up civic...
Or in a Ferrari or Lamborghini! NFS Porsche was the best IMO!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #21
ARMAN
Regular User

Played NFSU1 its crap, not even tryed NFSU2 I hope its finally gone

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #22
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
^^^ so the "cops" can drop exploding barrels at you while you try make your getaway in a vinyled up civic...
Or in a Ferrari or Lamborghini! NFS Porsche was the best IMO!
I think the exploding barrels were the stupidest thing they could have ever thought up.
Yeah. But its fun for like a good 30 mins when you are tired of the sim racing.

Originally Posted by thamar
I wonder if it will be possible to rice out the cop cars :p
That would be funny! "NOZ" is on the cars.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #23
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Sounds like typcial NFS crap from the last 5 years.

"Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn't get any better than this,"
Well at least now they have cops! What kinda game street racing game is that? No cops? Thats like not having Ferrari,Lamborghini, or Porsche in GT4! Its just stupid!
Cops have been in 3 NFS titles I can think of off the top of my head.
Wait...5 years?!?! The last "good" NFS game was the only NFS game with real cars and a real sponsor. When Road and Track signed on for the first in the series the cars were excellent...the handling characteristics, sound, and performance was exactly as the road-test editors described. Granted, the graphics sucked ass, as did the track size, but think of how much they were working with and what was accomplished.

As far as I can remember it had police in Fox-body Mustangs, as did NFS SE, NFS2 and 2SE had cops too if memory serves. Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 had cops as well, even if the latest two versions (U and U2) don't. So I think that makes a sum total of 7 NFS games with cops.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #24
abbor
Regular User

If they made a copy of NFS Porsche with better graphics and the newest cars, that would be the perfect NFS I could think of, if not with Ferraris instead.....

Originally Posted by Vansquish
far as I can remember it had police in Fox-body Mustangs, as did NFS SE, NFS2 and 2SE had cops too if memory serves. Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 had cops as well, even if the latest two versions (U and U2) don't. So I think that makes a sum total of 7 NFS games with cops.
As far as I can remember, the only games with cops that chased and arrested you, were nfs3, nfs4, nfshp2... that adds up to 3... Okay, porsche maybe had some police that drove around and bumped into you some, but they were never part of the game really...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

As far as I can remember it had police in Fox-body Mustangs, as did NFS SE, NFS2 and 2SE had cops too if memory serves.
True, but the game was more about driving with the odd smokey tagging you while out speeding - but driving first, evading cops second.

Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 had cops as well, even if the latest two versions (U and U2) don't. So I think that makes a sum total of 7 NFS games with cops.
HP 1 was ok - ish... but now it was becoming like tag with cop cars...

HP 2 with the barrels was the last straw..

I guess the cops in NFS I, II, IISE and III were a subtle part of the succesful formula.. so succesful they didn't stand out like the later one.

I tried to put I & IISE an a Wn2K system and no go - any ideas how to get I or IISE to work?

I wanna try the classics again...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM   #26
Vansquish
Regular User

As far as I can remember it had police in Fox-body Mustangs, as did NFS SE, NFS2 and 2SE had cops too if memory serves.
True, but the game was more about driving with the odd smokey tagging you while out speeding - but driving first, evading cops second.

Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 had cops as well, even if the latest two versions (U and U2) don't. So I think that makes a sum total of 7 NFS games with cops.
HP 1 was ok - ish... but now it was becoming like tag with cop cars...

HP 2 with the barrels was the last straw..

I guess the cops in NFS I, II, IISE and III were a subtle part of the succesful formula.. so succesful they didn't stand out like the later one.

I tried to put I & IISE an a Wn2K system and no go - any ideas how to get I or IISE to work?

I wanna try the classics again...
My little bro spent a lot of time trying to figure that out...basically you have to install a DOS emulator, or install DOS itself and run it from there.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote