Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
noliebro
Regular User

Default 2006 Dodge Charger Pics

Chrysler finally released some sketches of the new Charger. It is supposed to be unveiled in January some time and one can only hope that it will be at my LA Auto Show. There are going to be 12 debuts this year and Dodge has said they are planning something. I got invited to the sneak preview night but don't know if I can afford the $100 ticket price this close to Christmas. I also have some spy pics of the car.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #2
gobs3z
Regular User

I'de still pick any of these over that one. A Charger is supposed to only have 2 doors, so this new charger doesn't have any characteristcs of the original other than a HEMI.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
gobs3z
Regular User

And yes i do realize the concept above has four doors, but it looks a hell of a lot better. And it actually looks like a Charger!!

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-06-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
blah
Regular User

Default Re: 2006 Dodge Charger Pics

Originally Posted by noliebro
Chrysler finally released some sketches of the new Charger. It is supposed to be unveiled in January some time and one can only hope that it will be at my LA Auto Show. There are going to be 12 debuts this year and Dodge has said they are planning something. I got invited to the sneak preview night but don't know if I can afford the $100 ticket price this close to Christmas. I also have some spy pics of the car.

how did you get invited? can you bring a friend, id chuck up 100 bucks to go. :shock:
Old 12-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

Wow looks similar to other ford productions. How did u get invited?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #6
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

complain if you want about the styling but 340hp and 390 torque in a usable package for 30grand or less (usd) is quite impressive. i mean its basically a cheaper version of the 300c. i really dont think there is anything in its class that can run with it. it can seat 5, has good trunk space, decent features and ammenities and it can haul ass. (hopefully they will come out with a SRT version too with the 6.1L like they did with the 300c).

i like it and i will reserve my opinions about its styling when i finally see the unveiling (although i have a feeling its going to look pretty much like a sedan version of the magnum with minimal changes).

though i do understand where you are coming from gobs3z, and i kinda agree. some may not like that its called the charger, because it has 4 doors and its not as purpose built as the original charger, but call it what you want it will still be a great car i think.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #7
gobs3z
Regular User

complain if you want about the styling but 340hp and 390 torque in a usable package for 30grand or less (usd) is quite impressive. i mean its basically a cheaper version of the 300c. i really dont think there is anything in its class that can run with it. it can seat 5, has good trunk space, decent features and ammenities and it can haul ass. (hopefully they will come out with a SRT version too with the 6.1L like they did with the 300c).
I totally agree with you, with the bang for the buck, dodge has done it again. And it seems to be very versatile with what it can be used for with being a daily driver. Great cargo room, seats 5 and hauls ass like you said, i guess i just wish they hadn't put the Charger name on it because it has to live up to it in some way or another and the styling and it being a sedan doesn't do it for me. Great car, wrong name.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:11 AM   #8
dons5
Regular User

wow look at the differecne of the prototype, to the spy shots

Spy shots, typical new car styling bix and boxy, no sloping all straight looks like a 300c

prototype- mix of curvey and straight really has its own style, (although side reminds me of a C5) looks exotic but the front sais charger and looks like a much much more expensive and high performance car then the spy shots. Other then 4 doors looks great!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:51 AM   #9
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Great car, wrong name.
i would say that sums it up pretty well.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:54 AM   #10
SilviaEvo
Regular User

The old Charger was brilliant but i think it is pointless to make a 4 door Charger that is like a 4 door SL65
Old 12-08-2004, 03:07 AM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

hehe, i forgot that 2 weeks after christmas is the best time of year (in some ways)
i can hardly waite for NAIAS
last year i had the optertunity for the charity preview night too, but couldnt make it because of it interfering with my class chedule... so i went a few days later.

anyway, you can bet ill be taking as many pictures as i can!

honestly, id rather not go on preview nights, as theya re over crowded with pushy jurnalists and photographers... its much easier to get good photos early in the morning when its not congested.... but then again, you dont see the big names in automotive engineering either
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #12
Cockrocket
Regular User

The only good thing to come out of the Charger is that it makes the Challenger Concept more likely to go into production due to many parts being interchangeable!!

I am liking the new American interest in bringing back old American muscle car classics but more modern, so far the Chevy Camaro is by far the best looking!

The Best is the Best...but their is always someone Better!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
nickthaskater

Holy resurrection of an old topic... And by the way Cockrocket, Dodge has already announced that the Challenger is going into production.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #14
MIHALS
Regular User

1,5 year bump :roll:

and btw2: I've already seen this car about 3 months ago even here in Czech, where you have to bring it from US, or other European country... looks VERY mean on our roads

but again, bumping up VERY old topic isn't very smart idea :roll:
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
DeMoN
Regular User

^ I see more than one a day. Almost as "popular" as mustangs :x