Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Default well I have destroyed another one of my vehicles...

Well a few days ago out of absolutely nowhere my trans started to slip so I made a b-line for the dealership and about half way there the damn thing started to rev-up way too quickly considering it wasn't moving any faster. So I pulled over to take a look at the trans fluid level and everything was fine with the level but it was a little oxidized and milky so I said ok it should make it to the dealer atleast. well I got back in the truck and tried to put it into gear with absolutely no luck at all. well after having it towed to the dealership (free thank god with my insurance) I find out I blew the trans to shit. The Tech and the Service Manager said they have never seen a Pathfinder trans go out under 100k before. And rarely do they Nissan trans in general go. well in the end it is costing me 3500k but I get a not as shitty as I thought Kia Amanti Loaner car and I got to see an R34 Skyline (will get pics if still there when I pick up the truck)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

sounds like a seal decided to say fuck off somewhere.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Zot09
Regular User

Sorry to hear that, but maybe it's time to use that discount of yours and buy yourself a TL
Old 02-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
Sorry to hear that, but maybe it's time to use that discount of yours and buy yourself a TL
nope I'm buying an RDX when they come out the thing will be faster than the TL according to our rep but that isn't official
Old 02-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
gobs3z
Regular User

An R34 skyline? What dealership may i run to to go see the skyline?!?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

on no, not the Nissan

i promise... i wasnt an absolute hooligan in it last month

the trans went out in my dads' 94 Jeep Cherokee limited @ 75,000 miles; which i guess was common of that year... mine is running strong @ 145k... but i've dropped the trans in my old saab... that was a 1500$ fix... but a much weaker trans to begin with.

im sure the RDX is going to be sweet!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
nope I'm buying an RDX when they come out the thing will be faster than the TL according to our rep but that isn't official
Mmmmmmmm RDX....mmmmmmm turbo engine...lol. The RDX appears to be a promising car, I can only hope that Honda will add the turbo from the RDX to the TSX(EDIT: and the paddle shifter ).
Old 02-24-2006, 03:19 AM   #8
T-Bird
Regular User

Mmmmmmmm RDX....mmmmmmm turbo engine...lol. The RDX appears to be a promising car, I can only hope that Honda will add the turbo from the RDX to the TSX(EDIT: and the paddle shifter ).
TSX type-S don't quote me on that though it might be a six banger it's not official yet. basically something to satisfy people with the death of the RSX line. And rumors are amoke of a TSX 2-door based off the european Accord Coupe just like the TSX is the European Accord...

And Gobs3z it is at Liberty Auto Plaza in Libertyville they have Nissan, Kia and VW there.

Nthfinity: I know it wasn't from your driving the truck was still fine at that point. And the kicker is I still won't get rid of the Nissan either it will just sit at home and be used when I need to haul some stuff.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #9
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ They cancelled the RSX?!?! Why?!?!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
Fleischmann
Regular User

Default Re: well I have destroyed another one of my vehicles...

The Tech and the Service Manager said they have never seen a Pathfinder trans go out under 100k before. And rarely do they Nissan trans in general go.
Well, they would say that, wouldn't they ??
Old 02-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #11
T-Bird
Regular User

Default Re: well I have destroyed another one of my vehicles...

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
The Tech and the Service Manager said they have never seen a Pathfinder trans go out under 100k before. And rarely do they Nissan trans in general go.
Well, they would say that, wouldn't they ??
Not really because I will tell you any time you want that if you buy a new Acura and drive it hard you will be getting a new trans between 75-100K miles no doubt. The Service Manager knows what I do so he isn't going to mess around with me.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #12
ARMAN
Regular User

Sorry to hear that T-bird Lood luck with a new car

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote