Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Bugatti Standing Start Video

Let's try this again - but try leave the personel insults and vendettas out of this time - everso and co.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/05...rontakeoff.htm

Originally Posted by everso
SWT: you are just outright clueless my friend. pick up a book about racing history, heritage, and legacy before you start spewing nonsense. I nearly spit water ouf of my mouth when i read that you think Saleen and Nismo compare to Bugatti....LMAO!

and i don't know WHY the lame ass overdiscussed Z06 lump-o-plastic is being discussed in this thread. This is about the Bugatti Veyron.....it's not a thread for fanboy discussions about a Vette. Take this crap to the American Muscle section.
Was there a reason you decided to be a total arse and make this into an argument that didn't exist? Wow - simply wow - if you you want to participate , stick to the topic "Bugatti standing Start"..

Originally Posted by bmwpower
i think World is now turningaround corvette, in every topic is z06
Hopefully you can admit to WHO turned this into an agrgument around that topic content.

Now back to what JoeHahn and I had going.

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by RC45
Isnt that a similar argument people make on American sports cars, more generally the Z06? Look where that got them. I dont think this car has been tested on any track, officially or unofficially. Kinda useless debating about it.
WTF?

How did you come to this conclusion?
Well when it comes down to it, alot of people before the Z06 came out reckoned Corvettes handled like shit, alot of people still think that. You, valiantly defend that. Now you are on the other side of the fence accusing a car you think cant handle - when you really dont know how it handles.
Uhm - no people simply SAY the certain cars cannot handle - the truth is many cars do handle very well, as shown by many many road tests, races and weekend warriors - this is not heresay or rumour it is fact - measures and proven many times over.

No debate can be entered into this at all . It is irrefutable, just as the performance of the GT3 and 360CS is irrefutable.

People have just chosen to NOT believe the many published results.

So - now on to the Bugnasty Vagrant - many testers have stated the car is heavy and not nimble - this we know is a fact - not rumour. Certain people have also had some inside witnesses tell them the car is not a great handler.

The fact that there is no track handling laptime available is obviously because it is not a great handling car.

If the million dollar car was a great handler - magazines would have shown this to be true by now.

Period.

VW/Bugnasty/Audi would already have a Nurburgring time published and be rubbing it in the faces of other supercars if it was any good

In a straight line

Only.

This is what every one used as a reason to hate on ALL high-hp cars

Just an observation.

And again - for 1 million bucks you would hope it could do something well
There - you just helped me with my cause
How have I helped your cause. The only data available shows the Vagrant is only straightline toy.

However - there is much data available to show the GT3, 360CS, Ford GT, GT2, P911TT, Viper GTS/ACR, CGT etc are great handling cars. No speculation needed - these are published and PROVEN facts.

The Bugnasty is just an expensive freeway cruiser. With no published facts backing up an claims to great handling. None.
I'm aware of the performance of the C6 Z, GT3 RS and CS but I cant get one thing. I know how alot of people attack Ferrari because it hasnt proven its Enzo on the Nurburgring, does that make it substandard? It may not be as fast as say a Carrera GT but thats nothing to be ashamed of. Have you thought that maybe Bugatti just doesnt want its car compared to the Carrera GT, Zonda F etc and not participating at the Nurburgring is a reason for that? kind of like the Enzo?

I'd also like to see an article saying the Veyron is "not nimble". We all know the car is heavy but I'm pretty sure I've only seen magazines saying the opposite. Something along the lines of it hiding and not showing its weight its that good a handling car.
The point is that while the Enzo may not have a Nurburgring time, it has many magazine and other tester times and PROOF of great handling prowess.

And saying "it hides the weight well" is how you say "this car is a bucket of shit when it comes to handling" but you have been told by your editor not to write the truth

I am gettign the feeling the Vagrant fanboys are really easily offended.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
TNT
Regular User

Has the bugatti ever been tested fulling by any magazine? we all know its striaght line speed is nearly unmatched. but where is the offical times and specs.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

Damn that engine is quiet. Couldn't hear it over the tires. Smooth launch ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
I can't believe how you guys had the time and energy to fight the thread to locking point? :shock: That Veyron video is giving me goose-bumps everytime I see it. It is very nice.
I have the same thought :roll:
Old 05-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
bmagni
Regular User

wow, pretty impressive... they should take it to the boneville salt flats
Old 05-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

I can't believe how you guys had the time and energy to fight the thread to locking point? :shock: That Veyron video is giving me goose-bumps everytime I see it. It is very nice.
Which is why I figured we could atart again and this time we are good as long as certain folks stay focussed on the topic.

The car is quick in a straightline - but really no quicker than hundreds of other tuner cars that cost wayyyyyy less than a million bucks.

So I am one of those folks who are left wondering why when others build straight line cars, people dismiss them as crap, when Bugatti builds a straight line car people come in their pants?

Where is the rest of the test data to show the "whole" car off.

Not just the straight line stuff...
Old 05-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Daggernite
Regular User

Is there actually any evidence showing that the veyron is crap at handling? Because JC said it was like a big lotus elise. Either way, I think its handling aspect of the car has been ignored by magazines and such, because all they car about is its top speed, because its the fastest production car.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

I'm a bugatti fan boy :p ... but look at what is said...

why should we believe this car is as nimble as an elise? that just is impossible. I belive it isn't as slow through corners as say... a washing machine, but definately not elise.
Originally Posted by Daggernite
Is there actually any evidence showing that the veyron is crap at handling? Because JC said it was like a big lotus elise. Either way, I think its handling aspect of the car has been ignored by magazines and such, because all they car about is its top speed, because its the fastest production car.
I guess to me, i wonder if SA will get a Veyron for a supertest, or if Bugatti will not let them drive it...
Old 05-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #9
yg60m
Regular User

Which is why I figured we could atart again and this time we are good as long as certain folks stay focussed on the topic.

The car is quick in a straightline - but really no quicker than hundreds of other tuner cars that cost wayyyyyy less than a million bucks.

So I am one of those folks who are left wondering why when others build straight line cars, people dismiss them as crap, when Bugatti builds a straight line car people come in their pants?

Where is the rest of the test data to show the "whole" car off.

Not just the straight line stuff...
Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of this thread. I am glad that it's not another flaming thread for or against the Veyron or the Corvette (at least I hope it will not be ... ).

For the "performance in the straight line" part, of course there are quite a few cars that can do as good or even better than the Veyron, the Callaway Sledgehammer topped 254 mph (verified) in 1988 for much less money and other can certainly beat it in acceleration BUT the point is not only that, it's also a question of magic, name, prestige, packaging, design. There are cars faster than Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Corvettes ( ) on a B- or mountain roads for 1/10 th of the price but who would hesitate if he had the opportunity to choose between a tuned Peugeot 306 16V and a Ferrari Testarossa ?? ... but the 306 is a good car anyway

nthfinity, I am also a Bugatti lover and I agree with you, a 2 tons car can't be as agile as a 800 kg.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:01 AM   #10
golfiste
Regular User

i read the locked post and i wanted to say that an f1 car is faster than the veyron:
in the corner, there is no way the veyron could take advantage of the f1 car.
Then if you remember in top gear ,j c was saying that an f1 car could accelerate from 0-150 mph in 7 sec and the quarter mile is about 8 sec so here is my opinion.
Don't forget today's formula one cars are not the same from last year .the new generation with the 2.4l is slower than the veyron in a straight.

and to finish i want to tell people :racing is not always a straight line ,there are corners too .so considering that ,i always choose the f1

car videos
Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
gangajas
Regular User

It was necessary to open this topic again? It is going to end like the other one.... :bad-words:
Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of this thread. I am glad that it's not another flaming thread for or against the Veyron or the Corvette (at least I hope it will not be ... ).
How very disappointing that you of all people would think that of me or any other JW member...

[rant on]
When the hell are folks going to get a freaking clue that I have never started any of those so called "us better than you threads" in any form of seriousness - ever?? FFS folks - at which point in time did people lose track of reality?
[rant off]

Originally Posted by gangajas
It was necessary to open this topic again? It is going to end like the other one.... :bad-words:
[second rant on]
Only if people like you go out of your way to make it so... I for one am sick and god-damned tired of being accused of not taking the "high road"..

Perhaps it is time some of you OTHER JW members took responsibility for your OWN resplies, responses and not-so-subtle attacks at people. It afterall takes 2 to tango

[second rant off]

How sad it would be if not "hot topics" could be opened because people force the direction into an argument each time - please at least try act accordingly.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

:sleeping:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 05-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
:sleeping:
There you go - ye another one :roll: - if you really had no contribution to make, why not just stay away? -- Or better yet - just let it go.....
Old 05-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC: honestly, the tuner market is insignificant to the Veyron customer. No-one buying a Veyron is going to be out cruising looking for Mustangs and Supras to slay. Ultimate speed is not what makes a car great, as a great car has so much more. A 1000bhp Mustang, et al, is a one trick pony: the Veyron, Mclaren F1 etc, are in a completely other realm, and that is why they cost $1 million.
Closed Thread