Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
Zot09
Regular User

Default Motorcycle License

So for the past few months, I've been thinking about getting my motorcycle license(one of my friends has been pushing me for the past year, and it's slowly starting to really interest me). So my question is, how do I go about getting my license? Do I take riding classes first? Or do I get some sort of permit first? I have no idea how to go about this.

I guess this question goes out to Minacious or Corpse_Grinder, where in SoCal would you go to take some classes? Any tips?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 AM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

1. MSF (MSF Info)
2. Gear
3. Starter bike

Once you get that ironed out, on occasion I help a friend teach a rider’s course where we go over all of the core dynamics (the basics that when learned will seriously help you in becoming an awesome rider) that make a good rider. Get in touch with me and we will set it up for you to attend one (or more) of the sessions.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
TNT
Regular User

get a busa!!!!

just kidding just take you time and don't think your god on it. best of luck.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
1. MSF (MSF Info)
2. Gear
3. Starter bike

Once you get that ironed out, on occasion I help a friend teach a rider’s course where we go over all of the core dynamics (the basics that when learned will seriously help you in becoming an awesome rider) that make a good rider. Get in touch with me and we will set it up for you to attend one (or more) of the sessions.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely send you a PM about the rider's course once I get to that stage!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
get a busa!!!!

Pfffff a busa is too civil...I was thinking about a turbo'd busa w/ nos as a starter bike. Trust me, I know I'm good enough to handle that

A girl I know just got a new gixxer 600...as her first bike...I don't know much about bikes yet, but that doesn't really seem like a starter bike.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
Originally Posted by TNT
get a busa!!!!

Pfffff a busa is too civil...I was thinking about a turbo'd busa w/ nos as a starter bike. Trust me, I know I'm good enough to handle that

A girl I know just got a new gixxer 600...as her first bike...I don't know much about bikes yet, but that doesn't really seem like a starter bike.
well one of my buddies started out on a CBR600 RR ('03) and he is a feather weight. but he is riding really well from what i see anyways.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
Originally Posted by TNT
get a busa!!!!

Great observation - a Gixxer600 is abotu as much of a starter bike as a F599 is a "starter" car...

Sure it is - compared to an Enzo .. realisticly a Suzuki GS500 (or whatever todays equivalent model is) is a great starter bike.

Nimble, relatively light, actually a great starting point for modding and cheap to repair.

Originally Posted by TNT

well one of my buddies started out on a CBR600 RR ('03) and he is a feather weight. but he is riding really well from what i see anyways.
Riding well compared to whom and what? I cannot see a first time rider developing proper skills and decent ider behaviours starting out on a CBR600RR... I just can't.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote