Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Audi Q7
subzero 7 7.95%
cool 39 44.32%
uncool 18 20.45%
seriously uncool 24 27.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

Seriously uncool!!!

First of all it's an SUV, it's uncool for me, and second it's one of the biggest so it's even worse. I won't to have space to park my car too
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
taygunho
Regular User

Uncool for me.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #18
stmoritzer
Regular User

quite masive car, but Audi is 5 years late

:arrow: uncool
the should keep going with the 4WD Avants !

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #19
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

I drove one recently, it's just amazing I drove the 4.2 V8, the car is just wild!
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #20
Stoopie
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Uncool because of its image. Just like the Cayenne there mostly used for the 4x4 trip to school :x
I really don't understand what all that fuzz is about. It's not like you're actually going to be off-road all the time with that car, right? It's nice to see that there are cars that are able to go off-road really well, like the Landrovers. But when I have to go to Amsterdam, I usually drive the highways, not the swamps..
Old 12-14-2006, 07:33 AM   #21
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stoopie
Uncool because of its image. Just like the Cayenne there mostly used for the 4x4 trip to school :x
I really don't understand what all that fuzz is about. It's not like you're actually going to be off-road all the time with that car, right? It's nice to see that there are cars that are able to go off-road really well, like the Landrovers. But when I have to go to Amsterdam, I usually drive the highways, not the swamps..
Its the sheer size of the damn thing, why would you want this? Why not buy a S3, RS4 if you want to go fast

At least the Landrover is capable of going offroad 8)
Old 12-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #22
Stoopie
Regular User

Its the sheer size of the damn thing, why would you want this? Why not buy a S3, RS4 if you want to go fast

Because ofcourse such a car is a lot more impressing than a smaller car. Sure there are impressive small cars, but usually the bigger the objects, the more impressive. But that's my opinion And btw, if you'd want speed you'd better not be searching in the (stock) SUV section anyway
Old 12-14-2006, 07:59 AM   #23
TopGearNL
Regular User

Because ofcourse such a car is a lot more impressing than a smaller car. Sure there are impressive small cars, but usually the bigger the objects, the more impressive. But that's my opinion And btw, if you'd want speed you'd better not be searching in the (stock) SUV section anyway
Now your just talking rubbish, the bigger the object the more impressive? LMAO!

I find a Ariel Atom alot more impressive then a SUV

Sure a SUV is pretty heavy and it is impressive for the speed it can go, also a Rolls Royce Phantom thinking how heavy it is, but the bigger the more impressive? Nope!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #24
Stoopie
Regular User

Sure a SUV is pretty heavy and it is impressive for the speed it can go, also a Rolls Royce Phantom thinking how heavy it is, but the bigger the more impressive? Nope!
*sigh* I don't find an Arial Atom more impressive than a SUV, I mean it's just too tiny and looks kinda childish.. Again, I'm talking about the sheer looks, not the looks in combination with the performance! I bet that if you had a Q7 or a Phantom in your rear view mirror, you'd get out of the way, but when it would be an Atom you'd be like go play somewhere else, IMO
Old 12-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #25
TopGearNL
Regular User

*sigh* I don't find an Arial Atom more impressive than a SUV, I mean it's just too tiny and looks kinda childish.. Again, I'm talking about the sheer looks, not the looks in combination with the performance! I bet that if you had a Q7 or a Phantom in your rear view mirror, you'd get out of the way, but when it would be an Atom you'd be like go play somewhere else, IMO
No no, you were talking about it in general, you didn't state anything specific

So your a slow driver then, being overtaken by a Q7 or even a Phantom

And why would you only get out of the way for a big car, highway code says you need to get out of the way for everything thats faster.

And a Atom is designed that way, and it is impressive! But ok I can respect your opinion...
Old 12-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #26
Stoopie
Regular User

And why would you only get out of the way for a big car, highway code says you need to get out of the way for everything thats faster.

And a Atom is designed that way, and it is impressive! But ok I can respect your opinion...
OMG, you probably don't have a drivers license yet, do you? No offense, but if there's ANY car pressing your car from the back, that's a sign to move out of the way And our Audi A6 Avant 2006 can keep up with those big cars pretty well, so that isn't the problem here Anyway, highway codes say a lot more than that, but nobody cares about it anyway. Look in Germany, when a pumped Opel Corsa wants to overtake a BMW M3, it simply clings onto its tail and flashes his left indicator.. Now take that for a highway code But yes I have to say, that's Germany
Old 12-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #27
TopGearNL
Regular User

OMG, you probably don't have a drivers license yet, do you? No offense, but if there's ANY car pressing your car from the back, that's a sign to move out of the way And our Audi A6 Avant 2006 can keep up with those big cars pretty well, so that isn't the problem here Anyway, highway codes say a lot more than that, but nobody cares about it anyway. Look in Germany, when a pumped Opel Corsa wants to overtake a BMW M3, it simply clings onto its tail and flashes his left indicator.. Now take that for a highway code But yes I have to say, that's Germany
LMAO

Its like you quoted what I said. I said the same just in different words. And no I don't have my drivers license yet but I will hopefully soon.

But I don't get your comment, its not a real answer. Looks like your trying to confuse me, just like the Dutch politicians...

Germans are just crazy bastards, come to think of it I am too.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #28
Stoopie
Regular User

LMAO

Its like you quoted what I said. I said the same just in different words. And no I don't have my drivers license yet but I will hopefully soon.

But I don't get your comment, its not a real answer. Looks like your trying to confuse me, just like the Dutch politicians...

LOL I don't get that at all :/ When you're talking about faster I guess you mean the speed of that car atm, I'm talking about performancewise! Lol yes, then I'd have to agree with you, but I guess you'd have to agree with me too
Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #29
TopGearNL
Regular User

LMAO

LOL I don't get that at all :/ When you're talking about faster I guess you mean the speed of that car atm, I'm talking about performancewise! Lol yes, then I'd have to agree with you, but I guess you'd have to agree with me too
Well I guess Ill never know if you tried to confuse me on purpose or not but I guess you weren't..

So if I get this right you mend performancewise? But why isn't a Atom impressive then...?

You mean the looks / image! But you didn't say so!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:49 AM   #30
Mattk
Regular User

Wow, an argument about the Cool Wall. Excellent!

Personally, I do think the Q7 is quite an impressive-looking machine.