Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #31
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Anyways. I wish I could import a Focus RS to the US. Stupid Ford. Ruining PAG and itself like that.
Hopefully the new RS comes stateside. It is confirmed to be AWD 300+hp correct??
Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ford confirmed the production of the RS, but nothing else has been confirmed. And no, it will never come to the stateside.

The rumors are that it will have ~300hp and FWD... so far... Or I suppose they can adopt S40's AWD system.

The thing is, if the current generation of EU Focus was sold here, they would have enough demand for Ford to make a full-fledged Evo fighter, but they don't. They'll have to make the RS probably according to the UK demand or something.

Well. Expect to see a concept version of the RS in... I dunno. Frankfurt IAA this year, probably.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #33
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426 View Post
Wasnt that much easier. Now I see it would be difficult as the Type-R wouldnt fit that "race" car qualification.
No, it would have been easier if YOU Googled it!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #34
F250
Regular User

Ok, so driving around the block is illegal. YES i contradicted myself. I would NEVER get caught even if I did drive around the block, but YES it is illegal. Whatever, im just being realistic. ANY car that I own, WILL be started up and WILL be moved to some extent..unless its an real race car. You cant run down the street screaming open exhaust and not bring attention to yourself. In the part of Louisiana I currently live in know one gives a sh_t about cars for the most part. Most people dont know what a BMW M3 is or how it looks. There are some guys in the south that drive R34 GTRs that havnt been "Motorexed" around everyday.......Some places you can get away with it.. some places you cant.
If you want to be "realistic" consider what would happen if you had a serious accident with an illegally imported and registered car or unregistered car.

The injured party's council would find out just how "special your car is. Your insurance company would rightfully deny the claim. The State would find out you lied on the registration documents. You'd be sued for damages and lose your home and have a judgment around your neck.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #35
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post
If you want to be "realistic" consider what would happen if you had a serious accident with an illegally imported and registered car or unregistered car.

The injured party's council would find out just how "special your car is. Your insurance company would rightfully deny the claim. The State would find out you lied on the registration documents. You'd be sued for damages and lose your home and have a judgment around your neck.
I would not lie on my registration documents. I said I wanted to import it LEGALY....the ONLY illegal thing would be driving around my block. The most serious accident that could happen is me running into a bush - My block is about 800 meters of nothing.

You done yet

Oh yeah...I forgot..I know someone who's friend has an R32,R33, and R34. I'll ask him to see if all this importing rubbish is set in stone.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #36
rave426
Regular User

No, it would have been easier if YOU Googled it!
My preference was to hear from experience if possible. Not legal documents.

Last edited by rave426; 02-05-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #37
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Oh yes. That's a problem. Lack of a delete button and the auto-embed feature for the flv links.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #38
nthfinity
Regular User

Hopefully the new RS comes stateside. It is confirmed to be AWD 300+hp correct??
Yes, no, no.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #39
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Yes, no, no.
Yes to the "new RS comes stateside" part? Or yes to the "Hopefully the new RS comes stateside" part?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #40
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Yes to the "new RS comes stateside" part? Or yes to the "Hopefully the new RS comes stateside" part?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #41
F250
Regular User

I would not lie on my registration documents. I said I wanted to import it LEGALY....the ONLY illegal thing would be driving around my block. The most serious accident that could happen is me running into a bush - My block is about 800 meters of nothing.

You done yet

Oh yeah...I forgot..I know someone who's friend has an R32,R33, and R34. I'll ask him to see if all this importing rubbish is set in stone.
I see you're 23 years old and know EVERYTHING. Of course you would run into a bush and not the 5 year old that ran out into the street. Of course you would do everything legally, EXCEPT IMPORT AND REGISTER A VEHICLE THAT IS ILLEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES.

You're good to go! Who needs to read those legal documents? Federal law is flexible and rarely enforced!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #42
RC45
Regular User

I see you're 23 years old and know EVERYTHING. Of course you would run into a bush and not the 5 year old that ran out into the street. Of course you would do everything legally, EXCEPT IMPORT AND REGISTER A VEHICLE THAT IS ILLEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES.

You're good to go! Who needs to read those legal documents? Federal law is flexible and rarely enforced!
And you are ? old and a total prick?

The import and register of any vehicle is pretty much impossible to do, legal or otherwise without a customs, epa and dot agent seeing the container and vehicle, so you really are being an arse about a process that is pretty hard to pull off to the level you are "accusing" this gent of doing - the vehicle would be turned away before he could break any laws

What you totally seem to have missed through your rantings is that you have failed to consider or address are the thousands of vehicles imported every year under the "substantially similar existing federalised models" rule.

Just because you dont have the resources, incentive and will to import a unique vehicle to USA doesnt mean it cant and hasnt been done legally or that others shouldnt or couldnt try.

By the sounds of it you are a fan of big and restrictive government and cant wait for Billary and Osama to move into the Whitehouse and come up with even more controlling legislation to bow down to
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

All in all, we are all just a bunch of internet hero's here. The logical course of action is to contact a lawyer,dealer who regularly imports cars from overseas, or people who actually have on the net.

This topic has run a amuck and aggressive against our friend Rave, and run it's course.
Closed Thread