Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Daggernite
Regular User

Default Any European JW members got GTHD?

Ive been setting my times on GTHD exspecting some online rally battles of somesort to commence, from maybe someone on here who would challenge me, but no. Ive been doing the reverse track with stock cars, come on someone.

I thought RC would be there but I think european and American scoreboards are seperate. Nice to see the wheel support aswell.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

FFB support?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Daggernite
Regular User

yeah on options you select the wheel you want to use and its as easy as that.

Its version 2.0 which im guessing is a updated version to the asian and american release?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Daggernite
Regular User

Lookie here

http://ps3.qj.net/category/Gran-Turismo-HD/cid/1729
Old 03-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

I am downloading the UK veriosn as we speak
Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
Daggernite
Regular User

I aint used the wheel yet so let me know what you think. I heard its not developed that much and still needs alot of work. But its just there to show the direction in which the game is going and to give a early feel of whats to come.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Yeah - I am guessing the rest of the world are feverishly joining the European Sony Online Market Place to download GTHD 2.0
Old 03-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #8
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

I ranked around 100th in the world in drift mode when I wasnt trying very hard. They have to have seperate leaderboards
Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Looks like the new Firmware update has some neat features

Now youcan have a photoalbum slide show as a background to the menu or while listening to CD's

Freaking awesome - blows XBox360 out of the water......
Old 03-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
I ranked around 100th in the world in drift mode when I wasnt trying very hard. They have to have seperate leaderboards
and they reset often - maybe even every week or day
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Oh - and M$ ... read em and weeeeeeep.....

GTHD not only supports the G25 now.... but the G25 supports the PS3 with native mapping of the buttons to their PS3 [], ^, O, X, <> (Start) etc counter parts...

So after all that R&D and hoopla and fanfare.. Forza2 doesnt even have a stick shift wheel --- yet the demo of GT5 that is a year + out has support for one

And the wheel wasnt even "designed for the game" - M$ could learn a thing or 2 abotu compatability from Sony
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
and they reset often - maybe even every week or day
Ah well thats lame

Oh - and M$ ... read em and weeeeeeep.....

GTHD not only supports the G25 now.... but the G25 supports the PS3 with native mapping of the buttons to their PS3 [], ^, O, X, <> (Start) etc counter parts...

So after all that R&D and hoopla and fanfare.. Forza2 doesnt even have a stick shift wheel --- yet the demo of GT5 that is a year + out has support for one

And the wheel wasnt even "designed for the game" - M$ could learn a thing or 2 abotu compatability from Sony
As Im sure ill buy both(Previous GT4 and Forza owner, Current X360 and PS3 Owner), Im still confident Ill have far more fun with Forza 2. But to each his own eh?

Peronsally I prefer the roar of an engine in Forza to the whine of a hair dryer in GT. Makes long races more enjoyable.

Anyone know the release dates for these games?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Forza1 was a fun gimmick at best.

It was always lacking something, and even though I finished it - the lack of a proper wheel always had it being an online gimmick.

Forza2 is going have the same problem, because without a mature wheel it can never rise above neat novelty game - no matterhow much "simulaiton' they try code into it.

Forza never had the "emmersion" value o f even GT3 or 4.

Thsi si where Gt5 will blow Forza2 outof the water - because if the "immersion" nature of GT5 in its demo form (which is really not GT5, but rather Gt4HD) then FM2 has a long way to go

Just completed doign a session of GTHD with the G25...

And the sheer pleasure of feeding proper steering inputs into and receiving proper steering feedback from the game is something that silly M$ wheel will never give.

Not to mention the 1080p visuals, the solid wheel models, the dynamic environement - even without damage, the experience is exilirating.

Thats what FM1 and FM2 will probably lack - charisma
Old 03-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
silentm
Regular User

hmmm this sounds really tempting. but in order to get all the fun out of this what do you need?

PS3 - 600euros atm
G25 - ~200
a proper TV that can display the 1080p (is this the best res atm? ops: )

so all in all probably an estimated 2000 euros?? meh that's too much for a student :cry:
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Forza1 was a fun gimmick at best.

It was always lacking something, and even though I finished it - the lack of a proper wheel always had it being an online gimmick.

Forza2 is going have the same problem, because without a mature wheel it can never rise above neat novelty game - no matterhow much "simulaiton' they try code into it.

Forza never had the "emmersion" value o f even GT3 or 4.

Thsi si where Gt5 will blow Forza2 outof the water - because if the "immersion" nature of GT5 in its demo form (which is really not GT5, but rather Gt4HD) then FM2 has a long way to go

Just completed doign a session of GTHD with the G25...

And the sheer pleasure of feeding proper steering inputs into and receiving proper steering feedback from the game is something that silly M$ wheel will never give.

Not to mention the 1080p visuals, the solid wheel models, the dynamic environement - even without damage, the experience is exilirating.

Thats what FM1 and FM2 will probably lack - charisma
Sounds to me like your baseing immersion on a steering wheel and resolution. If you can get past the terrible sound effects, lack of customization and online modes then more power to ya. GTHD is fun and very pretty dont get me wrong, but its the same game we've had for years. Forza 2 will sell more because its a more in depth, different experience and lets face it. Far more people own an Xbox 360