Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
TNT
Regular User

I just was at best buy and saw a PS3 on display, and i must say it wasn't all that great, i saw some off road racing game and NBA 2k7 and the graphics are up there but IMO not better then but equal to the 360. however the graphics did come across a bit smoother.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #17
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by ellen feiss
It's more like buy after the first price cut. By then you get more top rated games, most of the hardware kinks have been worked out already and you enjoy the savings. I remember getting my PS2 & GCN shortly after the May 2002 price cuts and it was well worth the wait.

JP PS3s are going for $1000 in the Philippines with 2 games.
A US PS3 on eBay wen for $3050.00 with one game. I really wish I had been able to get one right away.
Thats ludacris. I dont know what peoples fascination for being the first to have stuff is anyway. Im still waiting on getting a Xbox 360 in hopes the price will come down a little more.
I've never understood it either. I can pay $3k now, or wait a little while and save $2300? Hmm, which is the better idea?
You'll be waiting for a while for the 360's price to drop. I wouldn't expect it for at least another year, if not longer.

I just was at best buy and saw a PS3 on display
I've seen it too, I didn't see anything special. Neato graphics, but nothing mind blowing. And the lack of rumble in the controllers seems very wierd after all these years. I've also read that on a standard definition TV, the graphics are rather unimpressive.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #18
ViperASR
Regular User

I am also suprised at the lack of rumble in the controllers. I also am suprised that the controlers are exactly the same as before.
I hadnt heard about the graphics though, that sucks.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 AM   #19
TNT
Regular User

yup the controls kind of made me made. i am like what did they spend all this time on and why in the hell does it cost so much? i didn't see anything that made it seem like it was worth what they are charging.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:43 AM   #20
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I am also suprised at the lack of rumble in the controllers. I also am suprised that the controlers are exactly the same as before.
No rumble = same as before? haha
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #21
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by ViperASR
No rumble = same as before? haha
wrong my PS2 controllers that came with it had rumble.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 AM   #22
Sir_GT
Regular User

I also wonder why they took out the rumble...

$50 says that Sony will bring back an optional rumble controller 6 months in when players start complaining that they miss it... and then charge 20% more for it.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 AM   #23
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT

$50 says that Sony will bring back an optional rumble controller 6 months in when players start complaining that they miss it... and then charge 20% more for it.
i think sony was successfully sued by a company because of the rumble. it is also said that it interfered with the SIXAXIS function.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #24
666fast
Regular User

i think sony was successfully sued by a company because of the rumble. it is also said that it interfered with the SIXAXIS function.
Bingo. Sony claims it's because of the motion sensors. Truth is, they were sued and wouldn't pay up for it. So, they can't use it.

Anyone read any reports on the PS3 online gaming network? Apparently, it's worthless! LOL
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #25
ViperASR
Regular User

They probobly will, but they are going to have to come up with something different from the previous ones, so it might take awhile.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 AM   #26
Sir_GT
Regular User

It makes perfect sense if it conflicts with the motion senors, but...

I bet they'll find away around the whole rumble issue. Probably a supplementary bluetooth device of some sort.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #27
evoWalo
Regular User

a vibrator perhaps?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #28
TNT
Regular User

a vibrator perhaps?

i can see it now...... Get the brand new ps3 vibrator! with ergonomic hand grip!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #29
ViperASR
Regular User

The PS3 vibrator really brings the experience to life, with an amazing conclusion...

Old 11-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #30
evoWalo
Regular User

^^^ more like a happy ending.