Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #46
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Sweet video! Looks so mean in all back..

I got this game about 2 weeks ago. I have all silver inall licenses tests.. Haven't bothered getting gold in GT4 and probably not gonna go for Golds in TT. Although the bikes you get seem to be worth the work.

The game is great! Really taught me how its like to ride a motorcycle, like how you have to commit to a turn and you cannot disturb the weight shifting on the bike or else you'll just fly off..

TT2 already seems very promising
Old 04-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #47
TransAm
Regular User

If you don't want to pay new prices, get a used copy off ebay for around half that.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:05 AM   #48
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - I saw seen a video of an NR years ago, and it kind of reminds me of the sound - but I do not remember for sure if the sound was so high pitched.

Then again, it is a 15,000rpm V8 for all intents and purposes, so it may be 100% accurate. I ran it against the NC30 just to get some "RC30" / RC40 (NR) pictures and you can hear the V4 compared to the V8/oval V4 distinctly.

It literally screams - maybe like a tiny Ferrari? I'll post some video sometime.

After the marathon session needed to unlock that one, I am happy to just putter around with the rest of the bikes, and if something else gets unlocked great - (although I heard getting all Gold in Super unlocks the Yoshimura X1.. )
After seeing the NR750 in your post today I went and beat all the golds...the Super license gives you the YOSHIMURA KATANA 1135R '01, not the X1...you get that from coming in in 1st place in the Monster Series Championship...it's an excellent bike, but a bit unstable at high speeds.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #49
TT
Regular User

Finally got the game, and I must say it's really nice to play on all those very well known tracks but with bikes instead of cars! I am starting to get used to the physics for now, but it's really so much fun so far! Just did all my licenses.. no full gold one yet :roll: no time... just got some golds at first try here and there, but something like 4 or 5 :roll:
Old 05-31-2006, 05:07 PM   #50
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

I'm really gonna get this game soon, loved it since I saw the first trailers.

And ever since I wanted to know if you can do good wheelies/stoppies/burnouts.....
Old 05-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #51
TNT
Regular User

yes on all but burnouts GT doesn't like burnouts.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:53 PM   #52
TT
Regular User

Also, wheelies aren't that simple.. to do, you really need the top bikes, which isn't totally realistic.. and once the wheel raised it doesn't seem to lift enough...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #53
No.1
Regular User

It's out this Friday in the UK.

Unfortunately i won't be buying it for a month - i need to get my exams out of the way before i start messing arround with my PS2.

I can't wait
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #54
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
But it's possible, as I read on GTplanet.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #55
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Originally Posted by SWT
But it's possible, as I read on GTplanet.
It is...but only on the really powerful bikes...and the only way to do it (as far as I can tell) is to start off in 1st gear...wheelie from a standstill up to 25-30mph or so...then stand on the brakes and do a stoppie. From the instant you start your stoppie, hit the gas again, and the rear wheel will spin free...that way you can be both on the gas with the rear wheel really going some and the front wheel locked...which...when the bike touches down again...results in a burnout.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Also, wheelies aren't that simple.. to do, you really need the top bikes, which isn't totally realistic.. and once the wheel raised it doesn't seem to lift enough...
Well - just like GT4 they did not put as much effort in all the vehicles...

Same strengths - same weaknesses.

But play around with your rider style, then be sure to lean back and wheelies become easier - as do stoppies.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #57
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Sorry to bring up an old ass thread but I just had to share these pics I took today while playing the game....better yet even touching my ps2 in a loooong time. This game is still alot of fun despite getting "old" and all the new motogp games out with better graphics. But graphics don't count much in the day of HDTV's do they? Damn I need to get a Component Cable for the PS2.
Click to make bigger.

Mostly Crocth Rockets, but I did mess around with a bunch of the older bikes as well.
Tracks are Valencia, Suzuka, and, Tsukuba.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #58
Pokiou
Regular User

i do pray to god that they remake this for the PS3... i so want it .. but i cbf buying a PS2 to play it
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
i do pray to god that they remake this for the PS3... i so want it .. but i cbf buying a PS2 to play it
Hmm.. plays fine on my PS3.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #60
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^Later PS3s won't play PS2 games. The new 40gig one gets no PS2 compatibility whatsoever. The higher spec one gets limited compatibility. I don't know why. Massive backwards thinking by Sony.

I always wanted to get Tourist Trophy as a companion piece for Gran Turismo 4, but I still don't want to pay $20 for it.