Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Pokiou
Regular User

Default !GAME REVIEW! Command & Conquer 3.

Ok hi guys how is every1 ??

I'm gonna do this as a contribution to my favorite site/forum.

Ok i got my "hands" on the new game... and boy, what a game. I thought to my self when i installed it.. this better be good. I remembered somewhat as the installation was going ahead of the times when the first command and conquer came out. The endless hours of war with my friends on there dial up or serial connected PC's.

Installation was done and I'm ready to battle. I think to my self. wait.. would my PC run this. and yup perfectly fine. I will list the specs later. Intro fantastic. just like all the previous versions of the game... Interface is so simple you could do it blind but yet its stunningly well presented with a movie in the back ground and buttons laid around it.

Cut scenes. Famous actors... The guy that back stabbed Han Solo on his mining hover worldly macigy. Plays as the Treasury minister.

The female doctor from the TV show HOUSE MD plays as your Strategy assistant.

The Asian chick from Battle Star Galactica(no tits??)she is the Generals adviser.

And the main commander... i cant put my figure on it but he played the villain from Robocop one of the main baddies.

Ok onto the game.

Its simple awesome. The weapons are laid out and the game has the feeling of the good old command and conquer with all the perks and non of the flaws.

Units:
The unit selection from grenadiers and rocket and rifle man and of course the engineer. They have also added the Rocket man and with 4-5 of these guys.. they are deadly.. there is also another advanced unit call the commando.. fast ... stealth and deadly. I remember taking out a WHOLE platoon and I'm talking of about 100 units lol !! :S

Tanks:
Standard buggy with rockets. Medium tank and then the big boys. YES big boys.. MAMMOTH TANK.. just the name means death dealing enemy squashing building knocking and total destruction machine.

Buildings:
The standard also applies here but with a few additional ones for example there is a mobile unit you can build thats cheap and allows you to expand your whole military base.

i managed to play for almost 8-9 hours when i got it.. ( i like to take my time when playing strategy games ) each mission interlocks fine and you get the feeling of not wanting to stop.

The Graphics:
Simply awesome. the city fights can get a little to ....cramp... as you cant see behind the buildings so you end up loosing a few soldiers or even a tank behind a tall building, which can be hell annoying when you need him!! But other then that .. its stunning non the less and I'm nit picking,really.

The Sounds:
Nothing special but thats what makes it feel good. No special weird sounds. All you need to hear is the tanks rolling and the men marching and the weapons firing and buildings exploding and this game delivers. Soundtrack is also good. fits well with the game.

Game play:
I see this becoming a LAN favorite for those that like to link up @ home with mates. Or even over the internet but i don't know how the latency would be.

Conclusion:
Great game, this bound to be a classic game where you can never get bored of playing. A bit like Age of Empires 2.... simply the best game ever.

When i play games if it doesn't thrill or put a smile on my face the way Age of Empires 2 does then its no good.

Score:
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 9/10
Game Play: 8/10 (like all games it gets repetitive.)
Last: 9/10 This game will be a cult classic in not time!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

:good: very nice of you
I love it, great game! C&C never fails! 8)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

Great review, out of nowhere! :good:

So this is a game that if you start playing you can't stop eh. Better not get it then!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
gis
Regular User

Ill probably be gettin this for the 360 when its released,good to know that its a good game

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
harryo2b
Regular User

Got the game a few days ago and damn am I behind the power curve! I was walking on clouds when playing Generals: Zero Hour but now playing this I'm getting my ass handed to me every time! The game is surely badass and really provides me a couple nights so far way past my bed time...

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #6
black_magician
Regular User

I just finished the GDI campaign a week ago and I'm never dissapointed by a C&C game. I'm in love with the creativity used in the game. NOD's Shadow team gliders, GDI's Rail Guns, and Scrin's Mastermind are just the injection of new stuff that I wanted in this game. I'll be spending next week doing the NOD campaign. Long Live C&C!!
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
Pokiou
Regular User

More soldiers, more heavy thanks ...GO NUTS lol
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote