Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
volkoff
Regular User

Rubish and boring, just a nicer copy of the first underground. A big step back
Old 12-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #17
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
And the other "reasistic" part I like is if you crash your car on race day - it is crashed until youfix it - even if you "restart" a race hehe

Adds a nice touch.
I liked that about NFS Porsche Unleashed. You had to fix the car if you wrecked it. IDK if I like the fact that if you restart a race it is still crashed.

I gotta try it out, one of my friends swears by it.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR View Post
I liked that about NFS Porsche Unleashed. You had to fix the car if you wrecked it. IDK if I like the fact that if you restart a race it is still crashed.

I gotta try it out, one of my friends swears by it.
Be prepared that it is a stress relief/release "game" - not much of sim... more setup to be fun - and the mix of cars is great fun as well.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
ViperASR
Regular User

I downloaded the demo last night. Its no fun... NFS has become an arcade game at best, even that gives it more credit than due.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 12-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR View Post
I downloaded the demo last night. Its no fun... NFS has become an arcade game at best, even that gives it more credit than due.
What part was so dissapointing? Did you flag the M3 through the desert for some not-as-unrealistic-as-NFS-ricer-edition racing?

I am having a bit of fun with it
Old 12-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
T-Bird
Regular User

I thought the game was fun. I got my Supra into the 6's and I'm happy now. The Mazdaspeed3 isn't very well done though. The quarter mile times are very inaccurate.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #22
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
What part was so dissapointing? Did you flag the M3 through the desert for some not-as-unrealistic-as-NFS-ricer-edition racing?

I am having a bit of fun with it
I didnt crash or anything, I just didnt like the way it "felt". Trying to slide the car and all that was just too ghetto for my taste.

Also, the NOS was a little off

Old 12-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #23
pilotvtm
Regular User

you cant call this a game...
Richard Burns Rally is a game
pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
Firdosh7747
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
^^^ retract which statement that its crap or its good ??? cause i didnt really like it....nothing beats NFS: Porsche Unleashed!
Actually the best NFS game was the "NFS Hot Pusuit 2" ( the first nfs game that came out on ps2). It had all the exotic cars and beautiful scenery and twisty tight roads unlike the previous nfs games which had "free roam"

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747 View Post
Actually the best NFS game was the "NFS Hot Pusuit 2" ( the first nfs game that came out on ps2). It had all the exotic cars and beautiful scenery and twisty tight roads unlike the previous nfs games which had "free roam"
UMMMMMm

did you play NFS 5 Porsche Unleashed, or NFS 3, or NFS 3 Hot persuite? they all had that as well

(while porsche unleashed only had porkers to drive, but just about all of them )
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #26
Firdosh7747
Regular User

yes i have played all fo them and i think nfs hot pursuit 2 was the best and everything after that was just dissapointing

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #27
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The only saving grace for Hot Pursuit 2 (except for the cars) was the fact that you can easily hack the car performance file and make 10,000hp Elises and stuff. Otherwise, I'd say Porsche Unleashed was the best. I was intrigued by Pro Street, but if the whole free-roaming gimmick is gone, forget it.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
The only saving grace for Hot Pursuit 2 (except for the cars) was the fact that you can easily hack the car performance file and make 10,000hp Elises and stuff. Otherwise, I'd say Porsche Unleashed was the best. I was intrigued by Pro Street, but if the whole free-roaming gimmick is gone, forget it.
NFS HP2 was ok on the consoles, on a PC with a FFB wheel, the game didn't make any sense, and was ZERO fun IMO. PU worked perfect with the FFB wheel..
Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #29
sentra_dude

Hmm, if you skip to the last part of that youtube vid there is some cool footage of Porsches drifting at Leipzig...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Oh - I probably should have mentioned that this game uses the G25, the H-Gate, 900 degrees of rotation, full clutch and all.

And that with all assists off, it is actually a bit of fun - and especially the drag races - as you have to actually drive the car properly to win