Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default Gran Turismo 5P Pictures *Updated SEP 21 2007*

Go to post with the Comparision

Hey guys been a while since I updated yall on some GT but just check out this new damn trailer!

1080P Version

http://media9.xboxyde.com/05ac90a8bb...2007_1080b.mov

Regular Version

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21591.html

This is ACTUAL WORK IN PROGRESS GAME PLAY FROM THE UPCOMING GRAN TURISMO! So amazing! A Few things to note the engine sounds are AMAZING compared to previous GT games and the graphics are just so fucking unbelievable! Also note FERRARI!!!!!

Next post will include screen caps from the E3 trailer. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

They never post game play footage, just replay. Nonetheless, it's pretty amazing looking. I guess the main question would be when. Still remember how GT4 release date keep pushing back.....
Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
They never post game play footage, just replay. Nonetheless, it's pretty amazing looking. I guess the main question would be when. Still remember how GT4 release date keep pushing back.....
Well replay is the same thing as actucal gameplay. Becuase none of the gran turismo including this one has pre rendered replay. My proof to backup my statement: Go load up GTHD on the PS3 and then race as many laps as you want and then exit and you will INSTANTLY have the replay! No more then 1 second and you will be watching the replay. Now I dont think the PS3 as powerful as it is render sometihng as high quailty as GT in less than a second.

IMAGES ALBUM Uploaded by me caps taken from playsyde

MORE IMAGES AT

http://bayimg.com/album/baaahAAaB

Thanks to bayimg for the pain free hosting!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

There is only 1 actual game replay screenshot, the one with R8 and F430.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
r2r
Regular User

Honestly, what the hell happened with the development of this trailer?

It started out really cool, but after the half point it just looks like random, pieced together replay clips that don't even go together :roll:

Anyway the graphics look very sweet and overall looks like a promising return.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

doesn't convince me on buying it...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

looks really sexy!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #8
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

If the sound effects are really that good then im sold lol
Old 07-14-2007, 01:51 AM   #9
Pimp Racer
Regular User

More Updates coming in a day or two I dont have much time but here is a GT5P VS Real Life. BTW This is from a ingame replay no CG BS here.

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
There is only 1 actual game replay screenshot, the one with R8 and F430.
Thats what I thought but alot of people on some forums say that it is ingame and it was confirmered by someone at Sony or PD. Now how true is this? We can just wait until the game is out no point is arguing rite now correct? Also I just wanna point out remember the Killzone E3 video from last year? Everyone said it was CG and then this year they got a trailer and ingame shit that is even better than the E3 CG from last year! So my point is you never know it could be better than this you just gotta have your mind open to the possibilites. Remember this is Pholphany digital they got the third largerst servers rack in ALL of Japan now thats something.

Originally Posted by r2r
Honestly, what the hell happened with the development of this trailer?

It started out really cool, but after the half point it just looks like random, pieced together replay clips that don't even go together :roll:

Anyway the graphics look very sweet and overall looks like a promising return.
I think the main thing they wanted to show off were the sounds. I mean this is the best engine sounds in any GT game so far! Listen to that F430 and that R8.

Originally Posted by bmagni
doesn't convince me on buying it...
Well I mean I only posted pictures so it shouldnt really convince you to buy it. Now if I posted that GT5P will have so and so then thats another story. If graphics are what convinces you to buy games then you are not the kinda guy that is into SIM racing you must enjoy Need For Speed or some shit like that. Have fun with NFS Carborn or whichever one is the latest.

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
looks really sexy!
Damn rite.

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
If the sound effects are really that good then im sold lol
Second that.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
Pimp Racer
Regular User

^^^ Thats true I mean in MGS4 there is like what 50,000 polygons on that one dudes mustache alone! :shock:
Old 08-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #11
5vz-fe
Regular User

Finally Some In-Car in game video...

http://www.gamespot.com/video/942026...cing-feature-5

Cheers.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
Bizi Jones
Regular User

I don't c any diff from gt4...this AI better not be shit...

btw when is this prologue coming to the ps3 store? gthd got boring way too quickly
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones

btw when is this prologue coming to the ps3 store? gthd got boring way too quickly
If you cant see any difference between that and GT4 then you have either never really looked at GT4 or you are not really looking at the new footage.

I mean the difference between GTHD and GT4 on a 1080p HD display is astonishing to say the least... and GT4 is already pretty damned good.

In the grand scheme of things, even if the AI is shit at least we know the replays will be more emnjoyable tto watch and the track surfaces will be way better modeled than FM2 are.

Add to that the support for the the G25 (and beyond) and you have the ultimate hot-lapping game ever produced.

I do enjoy FM2, but the pathetic replays and mediocre wheel support and poor track choice make it rather "simple" game.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #14
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Good thing they've got the lether stiched interiors down already..

I actually wouldn't mind if it took them another 3 years to finish the game. By then, PS3's would be dirt cheap.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 AM   #15
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Bizi Jones

If you cant see any difference between that and GT4 then you have either never really looked at GT4 or you are not really looking at the new footage.

I mean the difference between GTHD and GT4 on a 1080p HD display is astonishing to say the least... and GT4 is already pretty damned good.

In the grand scheme of things, even if the AI is shit at least we know the replays will be more emnjoyable tto watch and the track surfaces will be way better modeled than FM2 are.

Add to that the support for the the G25 (and beyond) and you have the ultimate hot-lapping game ever produced.

I do enjoy FM2, but the pathetic replays and mediocre wheel support and poor track choice make it rather "simple" game.
ive gotta agree with you there,anyone who says there isnt much difference between this and GT4 really must not have played GT4 at all,lol.even if you look at forza 1 to forza 2,the difference is huge,and the GT series,which IMO has always topped the console racing genre since it was first released,this one new one.....in HD,if you simply cant tell the difference.........then im afraid you need to go to specsavers.....(i think only british will know what i mean by that,LOL)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote