Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Max Power

Default HDMI enabled Xbox360

First, its my opinion that Microsoft absolutely did the right thing by not including HDMI when the XBox360 released. The rollout of everything related to HDMI from a hardware standpoint has been rough and incongruent. HDMI support in hardware (players, TVs, projectors) is only now reaching a tolerable point and would have hurt the Xbox360 when it launched. Copyright holders are, of course, jumping up and down to get everything going over an HDCP enabled connection and the future of video and sound is HDMI 1.3 right now with its wider color depth and increased bandwidth for high definition audio. I do hope they are making this an HDMI 1.3 device.

With the new price of $476 if you were to buy the Wireless adapter, the wireless controller/charging station, and the HD-DVD add-on your total price is $800. Suddenly Sony doesn't look quite so crazy with the $599 PS3, do they? Granted, you don't NEED to buy the HD-DVD drive for $199 but for $600 (HDMI Xbox+wireless controlers+120gbhd, 60GB PS3 with Bluetooth and Blu-Ray, both w/802.11) would you rather have 60gb more of hard drive space or High-def optical disc capability?

At any rate, while it may piss of the 6million existing Xbox360 customers its the right move for MSFT to make, and also in my eyes validates many of the PS3 design decisions. It also means I may get an XBox360 to put in my home theater for Gears of War and Dead Rising now that I can (almost) get an HDMI version.
http://www.damonpayne.com/PermaLink,...c65e301b3.aspx

http://feeds.joystiq.com/~r/weblogsi.../~3/103076806/
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
gis
Regular User

although i think its stupid that they bring this new version out,im still wondering what will happen when the regular 20gb fills up......that mean new gamertag,new hd,new xbox live account?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
ViperASR
Regular User

Thats pretty cool. But it looks kinda weird in black, so idk about that.

I have no real use for the large HDD and the HDMI, so for me it would be a waste of $$$.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Max Power

shots of the black xbox...

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-970...?tag=cnetfd.mt

http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5854409-1-1.html
Old 03-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
although i think its stupid that they bring this new version out,im still wondering what will happen when the regular 20gb fills up......that mean new gamertag,new hd,new xbox live account?
Exactly, - this is too little too late.

As it is there seems to be no way to migrate the 2 years worth of gaming you spent on the old XBox360 to the new one - because M$ has insisted that save-games and other data be tied to the XBox hardware - and there is no practical way fo rmoving large data failes without going thourhg hell.

Oh - and the "fancy new Wireless Wheel" was supposedly designed in that silly white/grey colour scheme to match th epremium XBox360... which is now in black

PS3, Blu-Ray and HDMI heaven - did I mention the user-mode HD upgrade to the PS3?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
ViperASR
Regular User

its official

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...htm?WT.svl=nav
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...em/default.htm

RC:
The Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily migrate all of your saved data from your 20GB HDD to your 120GB HDD. It comes preloaded with great HD game demos, videos, and an assortment of Xbox Live Arcade game trials.
The only thing that really sucks about this stuff IMHO is the price. Its still cheaper then a PS3, but it dosnt support HD-DVD, as the PS3 supports Blu-Ray for $500. Also, the larger HDD will cost $170 to buy as a stand alone, so thats kinda a ripoff. Should make everyone happy with the HDMI support though. Rumors are that the Premium version will have all this stuff in a few months for $400, so basically if you want all of these capabilities, hold off for a few months/a year at most, and you will be able to get a good deal on it. Hopefully by then the HD-DVD player will be cheaper as well.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
ViperASR
Regular User

Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
Max Power

Originally Posted by ViperASR
The only thing that really sucks about this stuff IMHO is the price. Its still cheaper then a PS3, but it dosnt support HD-DVD, as the PS3 supports Blu-Ray for $500. Also, the larger HDD will cost $170 to buy as a stand alone, so thats kinda a ripoff. Should make everyone happy with the HDMI support though. Rumors are that the Premium version will have all this stuff in a few months for $400, so basically if you want all of these capabilities, hold off for a few months/a year at most, and you will be able to get a good deal on it. Hopefully by then the HD-DVD player will be cheaper as well.

or u could just not buy it...

With the new price of $476 if you were to buy the Wireless adapter, the wireless controller/charging station, and the HD-DVD add-on your total price is $800...
Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #9
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
Originally Posted by ViperASR

or u could just not buy it...

With the new price of $476 if you were to buy the Wireless adapter, the wireless controller/charging station, and the HD-DVD add-on your total price is $800...
I already have one
(not an elite)

Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Max Power

does Jabba still have his?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
ViperASR
Regular User

yea, he and I were talking about modding them, so as far as I know he still has it.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
666fast
Regular User

Meh. The only thing they could have done to possible get me to sell my current 360 and buy this one, was if it had a built in HD DVD player. Even if they had, odds are I wouldn't have upgraded anyway.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #13
Pokiou
Regular User

shit shit shit shit .......

dont like it.. i hate my xbox360

NO quality content....

noisy

HD-DVD drive cost alot!!!

screw it im selling it !

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:13 AM   #14
evoWalo
Regular User

The Elite isnt worth an upgrade even if it has HDMI. You can still go 1080p with either component or VGA. Digital audio can still be done using optical out.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWalo
The Elite isnt worth an upgrade even if it has HDMI. You can still go 1080p with either component or VGA. Digital audio can still be done using optical out.
Youcan only di 1080p via componant or VGA on a few specific TV models.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote