Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #31
vexor
Regular User

3 New screens

- IGN.com

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #32
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Just looking at the thumbs hard to tell the difference from real life! :shock:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #33
vexor
Regular User

** Update Feb 22 **

2 new cars announced

BMW E46 M3
VW Golf GTi

- IGN.com

Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #34
MUS911
Regular User

awsome!
i cant wait to buy it :S
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

All this attention 'to detail and realism and the ultimate simulator blha blah blah" - yet no support for clutch or a 900 degree wheel.

Good luck with the hand held controller there guys
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #36
Firdosh7747
Regular User

Nice! great screenshots man.

Do u guys think Forza 2 will be better than GT5?

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #37
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
I think you all need to take some english courses.

I said Forza looks like NFS on PC.

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
/\/\ Just looking at the thumbs hard to tell the difference from real life! :shock:
Well you can say the same for Thumbs of GT3, GT4, PGR 1-3 and so on....when you have a huge image is when it counts now dont it?

*EDIT*
Thanks vexor for updating man. I keep forgeting.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #38
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
All this attention 'to detail and realism and the ultimate simulator blha blah blah" - yet no support for clutch or a 900 degree wheel.

doesn't the 360 already have a steering wheel out designed mainly for this game?

Like This one for instance

Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #39
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I knew there wasnt a clutch but no 900 degrees as well???

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747

Dont really wanna comment on this as it will start a damn flame war again so we will just keep this shit to our selfs until both games are out. How about that?

Originally Posted by vexor

doesn't the 360 already have a steering wheel out designed mainly for this game?

Like This one for instance
Yeah but what RC said is that that Microsoft wheel lacks 900 degree turnging and a clucth and I think shifter as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #40
vexor
Regular User

Yeah but what RC said is that that Microsoft wheel lacks 900 degree turnging and a clucth and I think shifter as well.
ic, ic, they probably won't put one out with a clutch cause most of the kids would stall the cars half way through the game, lol

Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #41
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
ic, ic, they probably won't put one out with a clutch cause most of the kids would stall the cars half way through the game, lol
Yeah thats true. Although I dont they can just solve the problem by letting 3rd party people make wheels for the 360. Also cant wait for tommrows pit pass.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747

If and when PD and Sony sort otu their ForceFeedback licensing issues... there is no chance in hell a 'hand held controller" game no matter how good it looks will come close to 'being better' than even GT4.

Just the extra "realism" and 'emmersion" a 900 degree FFB wheel gives is worth some visual degradation (even though there will be no degradation)

The complete failure of Turn10 and Micro$haft to address this extreme weakness in the game Forza2 is what will prevent it from being a serious contender and it wont ever be anything more than a novel online racing 'game' - just like Forza1 was.

I mean, comeon.. no matter how "real" the physics engie, if you are not accepting input from the same type of control mechanism you are really NOT feeding back to the human participant anything close to "relaism".

And after all, the games are being played by humans
Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #43
ViperASR
Regular User

Why is everyone so conserned with a 900 degree wheel. If your racing a car and crossing your arms, your doing something wrong. Thats the 1st thing I learned when I started racing, if your arms are crossed, your scrubbing off too much speed.

I'm also tired of people comparing two games that havent even come out yet :roll: . Im going to go with someone earlier who said that they would wait for both games to come out to compare them.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Why is everyone so conserned with a 900 degree wheel. If your racing a car and crossing your arms, your doing something wrong. Thats the 1st thing I learned when I started racing, if your arms are crossed, your scrubbing off too much speed.
'900 degree wheel' is a ephamism for 'more than 180 degrees of rotation'.

The cars pictured above are NOT racing cars and the wheels in those cars rotate at least 2 1/2 turns lock to lock.

While you dont actually turn the wheen 2 turns when on a race track, you do however exploit almost all the rotation when saving yourself and thus there is no false-up-ratio'ing of the turning input.

So - it doesnt matter what you learned when you started racing - its not realistic if you dont have the same amount of rotation at your disposal.

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I'm also tired of people comparing two games that havent even come out yet :roll: . Im going to go with someone earlier who said that they would wait for both games to come out to compare them.

GT4 on the PS2 and GTL/GTR/GTR2 etc on the PC are out and released - and the extra and realistic rotation and force feedback make the games far more immersive than a controller contriolled game could ever be.

So again , what is so "realistic and emmersive" about a super duper picture and an astonishing physics engine, if all you get to control it are a hand held controller or at best a 200 degree wheel without a stick shift and poor rendition of force feed back?

That is the point.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #45
bmagni
Regular User

The 360's FF wheel is great IMO. Though the 900° lock doesn't exist and it sometimes feels you're missin something, the FF adds quite a lot of fun factor to the game. I can live with no clutch and the pedals lack of feel, but this happens in all the wheels... one day we'll get FF pedals
I only have played PG3 which is everything but a simulator, but cone challenges get to be quite fun and thats very important for me.
So if you're thinking of buying it I'd recommend it, it's fun and the FF works really nice... If the FF tuning in FM turns out what they have said, then it'll be even better.

No in car view but if we get this it'll be nice
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote