Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by Minacious
I don't get what all the new excitement is about. You guys act as if you didn’t already know about this. You are looking at GT4 with better graphics, nothing more. Look at the game footage and you will see this. Like TT said, PD is going to have to do a lot more than just graphics to keep the car-sim gamers happy, especially with more competition on the market.
Exactly - I'd be happy enough if they kept the graphics of the GT4, but having 20 cars at the same time on the track, and AI drivers more difficult to oivertake... GT4 turns boring after the 2 first races
Well, GT4 was only about hotlapping for me, as their were already better AI equipped titles on sale at the time

Enthusia for the PS2 and the ISI engine based PC titles - and even Forza AI was a little wiser than GT4's.

They needed the graphics improvement, even if they had added damage and better AI... GT4 just looks too dated.. hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #32
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

The graphics are seriously awesome and that 599 is simply astonishing, love more everytime i see it anyways the game, well like many before have said it's gt4 with better graphics, unfortunately being in europe i can't test it until march so i can't comment. I hope they have the Enzo i've never driven(yes i know i have never driven forza shame on me but there you go).
Old 12-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

If you have a PS3, just sign up at US Sony Market place and download the US or even the Japanese verison...
Old 01-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

I have a question. Will there be bikes in GT5? we saw them in preciuos incarnations of GTHD but no mention of it at all. Wouls be great to have them.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #35
bmagni
Regular User

LOL:

It's not uncommon for gamers who don't care for racing sims to look at the Gran Turismos and Project Gotham Racings of the world and wonder what the difference is.

Apparently it can be hard for the companies themselves to distinguish between the various franchises, judging from the art for today's featured download (pictured, right) on Sony's PlayStation Portable video download site.

The download, a new preview trailer for the downloadable PlayStation 3 offering Gran Turismo HD, features art from a game that isn't Gran Turismo HD. As Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb pointed out on his blog, it's actually a screenshot from the Xbox 360 game Project Gotham Racing 3

Sony released Gran Turismo HD as a free download on the PS3's online store last month. Project Gotham Racing 3 was released for the Xbox 360 in time for the system's November 2005 launch.

As of press time, the Project Gotham Racing shot had not been pulled from the Connect Web site, but a Sony Computer Entertainment America representative told GameSpot that the Connect team was being notified of the issue.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #36
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
I have a question. Will there be bikes in GT5? we saw them in preciuos incarnations of GTHD but no mention of it at all. Wouls be great to have them.
Well I saw a video of that in an E3 video I think, so this is possible. I mean I dont think PD has ever shown anything and not include it....with the exception of that MAC F1 on the cover of GT2.

I agree with you man it would be a hell of fun to have a Bike such as an "RC45" and go up against a NSX, S2000, Ferrari 599 GTB, Enzo, F430 or some shit like that. Only time will tell man. And if you have been a fan like me ever since the first GT its gonna be a long wait. Although GT1 came and the GT2 followed very quickly but dont talk about GT3 and GT4. Also some news there is a Prolouge GT in the works to be released in Q4 of 2007 and is said to be a free download VIA the PS store. Just what exactly is it we dont know.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #37
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Well I saw a video of that in an E3 video I think, so this is possible. I mean I dont think PD has ever shown anything and not include it....with the exception of that MAC F1 on the cover of GT2.

I agree with you man it would be a hell of fun to have a Bike such as an "RC45" and go up against a NSX, S2000, Ferrari 599 GTB, Enzo, F430 or some shit like that. Only time will tell man. And if you have been a fan like me ever since the first GT its gonna be a long wait. Although GT1 came and the GT2 followed very quickly but dont talk about GT3 and GT4. Also some news there is a Prolouge GT in the works to be released in Q4 of 2007 and is said to be a free download VIA the PS store. Just what exactly is it we dont know.
Definately agree but if it comes out in the us and japan in Q4 07 then us brits would probably have to wait up to an extra three months. But definately worth the wait i just hope they dont fill the game with honda step vans and stuff that no-one really drives.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #38
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Sorry to bump this old topic but GTHD has a new car! Its a Nissan BTW. Rurmor has it that Sony/PD will/might release it with the Europe release of the PS3, also I heard was out but only avaiable to some Nissan show in Japan.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772313p1.html

Also rurmor is that there is gonna be a GT5 Prolouge out this fall/winter for FREE. But no clue yet. This info was gained from a slip up on a Sony exec's side during an interview or press release.

Stay tuned to this thread for more info and pics hopefully!

*EDIT*

Also rurmor is that since PS3 NOW SUPPORTS FULL FORCE FEEDBACK we might get it along with this Nissan Z when/if the updated DEMO gets released during the time of the PS3 Europe debut.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #39
Pimp Racer
Regular User

NEW FUCKING CAR EVERYONE!!! VIDEO INCLUDED!!! This is gotta be the most badass thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW thats a Nissan Z for those that dont know! How badass is this? Also for avaibility check the post above this one.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #40
ViperASR
Regular User

cool, the detail on that game is insane.

I believe that car is in Forza 1 though....
Wish that track was in Forza.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
NEW FUCKING CAR EVERYONE!!! VIDEO INCLUDED!!! This is gotta be the most badass thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmS22D4IyU

BTW thats a Nissan Z for those that dont know! How badass is this? Also for avaibility check the post above this one.
Nothing on PlayStation Store in the US or Japan.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #42
racingfreak
Regular User

Nothing on PlayStation Store in the US or Japan.
Its also not on the European store as far as I can tell...

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote