Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Zot09
Regular User

Default Assassins Creed

I picked this game up last night, and even though I had been up for 33 hours prior to the purchase, I couldn't help but keep playing it for four hours until I REALLY had to sleep. This game is so much fun. The graphics are unbelievable, the story is fairly interesting (it definitely isn't what I thought it was going to be just from the previews), the fighting is pretty fun, etc.

Has anyone else picked this game up?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
r2r
Regular User

haha, I picked up this game today. It's still sitting wrapped on my desk right now.

After reading a review and seeing a video I had to buy it.

Glad to hear that your enjoying the game, and I can't wait to play it tomorrow.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Love this game. Got it on release day. Id been enjoying it so much it delayed my purchase of Mass Effect until today
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

I've been considering the game myself..... I know I eventually need more then 1 game for my 360 HAHA
Old 11-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

I've been considering it as well. I broke down and bought a PS3 last month and have been playing a lot of DiRT and NCAA '08 (and of course the various Gran Turismo demos), but the allure of Assassin's Creed is starting to wear down my defenses and I think I'll be spending even more money on the infernal system within the next few weeks. The graphics and gameplay look like they're pretty entertaining, and from what I can tell the story does sound interesting, so we'll see what happens hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

I was looking at a PS3 the other day... and I don't think I'll buy it til GT5 comes out. I'm not much of a movie guy lately... so the high def thing isn't pounding my mind just yet.

About Assassin's Creed, one review stated its a 10 hour challenge, or up to 20 hours if you do all the side quests. Its unfortunate that games these days are so short... I'm still thinking about it, but I don't see much replay value in the game
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I was looking at a PS3 the other day... and I don't think I'll buy it til GT5 comes out. I'm not much of a movie guy lately... so the high def thing isn't pounding my mind just yet.

About Assassin's Creed, one review stated its a 10 hour challenge, or up to 20 hours if you do all the side quests. Its unfortunate that games these days are so short... I'm still thinking about it, but I don't see much replay value in the game

10 Hours? No way...I've already played for at least 8 hours and I've only finished my second assassination...but I have been doing all the side quests as well. Even without the side quests though, I think this game is around 20 hours unless your goal is to set a new record finishing time.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Its unfortunate that games these days are so short...
I completely agree!

Although like Zot09 stated, it's going to be longer then 10-20hr experience, or at least that's the feel I got today when I started playing it.

...or u can consider buying PGR4, and challenge me online
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r View Post
I completely agree!

Although like Zot09 stated, it's going to be longer then 10-20hr experience, or at least that's the feel I got today when I started playing it.

...or u can consider buying PGR4, and challenge me online
oh you foul Temptress! HAHA I may go pick it up tonight then
Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
r2r
Regular User

^Let me know how things go.