Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
silentm
Regular User

Default Colin McRae DIRT

some screengrabs from the upcoming CMR sequel. looks quite nice imo. another reason (apart from GTA IV) to upgrade my comp

link

a couple of new images

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/or...CGames0407.jpg
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/or...CGames0407.jpg

and finally a rough list of the amount of cars that will be presented:

20 "Rally" Cars
# Rally FWD 4 Cars
# Rally RWD 5 Cars
# Rally 4WD 7 Cars Rally 4WD classic 4 Cars

8 "Hill Climb" Cars
# Hill Climb Unlimted 6 Cars
# Hill Climb 2 Cars

8 "Raid" Cars
# Raid Class 1 6 Cars
# Raid Class 2 2 Cars

6 "CORR" Cars
# CORR Off-Road Class 1 buggies 2 Cars
# CORR Off-Road SUper Buggies 2 Cars
# CORR Off-Road Pro 4 2 Cars

4 "rallycross" Cars:
# Rallycross Supercars 2 Cars
# Rallycross Modified 2 Cars
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I still play Colin McRae 2.0. Got stuck on Rally of France with the Stratos, though.

The new game should be good. The trailers look promising.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

if it really looks like that as a finished product I'm definitely buying a new setup :shock:
All these next-gen games just blow my mind!

I kinda wonder how they're going to approach the physics to this game, though. The past CMR's have always been a lot of fun, but I'm sure they weren't realistic. Hopefully they'll have a sim mode as well as an arcade mode this time around.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Are these in game shots? Looks great. Just got my Logitech G25 and having a hard time thinking of reasons to keep it... so I hope this game comes out soon1
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

How's the PC version run? What are the specs of your computer?

I had problems with the Demo..
Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
TopGearNL
Regular User

As long as it has Group-B rallycars in it Ill be happy!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
Pokiou
Regular User

Ok i got the game... and i must say... its shocking.. i didn't like it very much.

The controls for a gamepad are just pathetic.. to much lag in the steering. Im going to try with a steering wheel shortly but thats a later story.

The sounds of the engine make me want to turn it off. You cant hear any rev limiter properly and it sounds ... i cant find the word.

The graphics.. Fantastic... i think.. there is some really good detail and @ 1 point i thought i was watching a real rally in car scene.. just impressive ... but sometimes its just hmm!!!

The crashs.. OMG out standing the sounds of it are so great to i just love smashing @ the moment.

If i had to compare it to a game .. its not as good GTR1 and 2 but better then need for speed carbon.

You will need @ least 2 gigs of ram to even play propperly and a 7900GT + graphics card to run it smooth @ high res.. im running it on medium res and still im impressed. Image @ high res!!!!

On the low down i wouldn't BUY it..but i would obtain a copy of it using other methods.

7/10 overall. If they just make the controls like GTR2 as in responsive like that.. not laggy.. i would give it a 9/10 ... !!!

This is my view. thanks.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

I made a video the other day. I still don't understand how you couldn't enjoy this game
Old 08-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
racer_f50
Regular User

Still have to get some time and install this and give it a go! Kinda debating if its worth using the Driving Force Pro or just use a gamepad since I really never liked using the wheel for anything other than sims.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

just got it.. still haven't played it.. should be good tho I'm sure

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

OK I got about an hour of play or so, 1680x1050 all maxed.. looks Amazing! and fun as hell! wide screen gaming is SO much better.. I give Dirt 9/10 from what I played by now.. Great game!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
acmarttin
Regular User

I just traded Forza 2 for this game outright with my friend at work and I think I got the better end of the deal. At least I enjoy this game much more than I enjoyed Forza 2.

Some things that kind of annoy me about the game though are the steering - as was mentioned above. After I had played a little bit I started to feel as if there were some kind of steering assist or braking assist or something. Like I was on medium gravel and the co-driver said "left 3 cut" and I hit the brakes thinking - oh man I'm going to hit that tree soooooo f'n hard - because I was going like 110 mph. But the car just STOPPED and even turned in a little bit - but there wasn't any bank to the turn.

But it turns out there aren't any assists besides auto transmission. Kinda odd.

Also for 360 it seems like some of the trees in the environment don't render fully as fast as your car moves so as you're flying through the forest at a fast pace you get kind of a nauseated feeling.

Still better than Forza Poop. What a letdown that game was
Old 10-05-2007, 01:38 AM   #13
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
I just traded Forza 2 for this game outright with my friend at work and I think I got the better end of the deal. At least I enjoy this game much more than I enjoyed Forza 2.

Some things that kind of annoy me about the game though are the steering - as was mentioned above. After I had played a little bit I started to feel as if there were some kind of steering assist or braking assist or something. Like I was on medium gravel and the co-driver said "left 3 cut" and I hit the brakes thinking - oh man I'm going to hit that tree soooooo f'n hard - because I was going like 110 mph. But the car just STOPPED and even turned in a little bit - but there wasn't any bank to the turn.

But it turns out there aren't any assists besides auto transmission. Kinda odd.

Also for 360 it seems like some of the trees in the environment don't render fully as fast as your car moves so as you're flying through the forest at a fast pace you get kind of a nauseated feeling.

Still better than Forza Poop. What a letdown that game was
There are lots of assists in DiRT. They're basically automatic depending on the difficulty level you select. Any of the easier ones are just kind insulting with how readily the car goes into a totally controlled skid.

Also, I've only played the FM2 demo but I've loved it so far. It's enough to make me want to get a 360.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #14
acmarttin
Regular User

That makes sense. I started playing on Amateur and I believe that's when that incident happened.

Forza 2 is a good game and if you like playing videogames you should buy a 360 anyway Lots of great titles are on their way.

My major gripe with Forza 2 was it wasn't as great as Forza 1. Forza 2 isn't finished and it's obvious. And even though the developers of the game promised lots of DLC in the future - after releasing one free Nissan car pack and 1 official car pack featuring mostly variations of cars that are already in the game - they're now complaining on the message boards about how long it takes to complete further content and it looks like they're going to pack it up and look towards the future. So basically I was left with a 3/4 finished game that I was really excited for that didn't even really look that good (even compared to Forza 1) And that really disappointed me since there really aren't any other racing games for 360 that feature real-world tracks and a large library of cars.

I think really the recipe that ruined FM2 for me is the fact that I had followed the game's development for like 9 months before the game came out and I got sucked into all the hype. And going by the pre-launch hype - Turn 10 seriously, seriously under-delivered.

My 2 cents. Don't let it stop you from enjoying the game though!