Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #16
Skaala
Regular User

a bit OT, but..^specsavers made it's name known last year in norway.... their commercials are very innoying.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #17
Bizi Jones
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Bizi Jones
I don't c any diff from gt4...this AI better not be shit...

btw when is this prologue coming to the ps3 store? gthd got boring way too quickly
If you cant see any difference between that and GT4 then you have either never really looked at GT4 or you are not really looking at the new footage.

I mean the difference between GTHD and GT4 on a 1080p HD display is astonishing to say the least... and GT4 is already pretty damned good.
well I meant game play...so I might as well play gt4...and yes the replays are astonishing...
but it is only a demo, but then looking at that vid, I don't care for the leather,
or the rear view cam, or the dash board however the fact that he passed all those cars,
while trying to point out the stitching is what bothers me...
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #18
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
a bit OT, but..^specsavers made it's name known last year in norway.... their commercials are very innoying.
lol yes they are annoying,but it seemed a fitting comment to the situation,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #19
Minacious
Regular User

I’ve been happy with everything that has been shown in recent months expect for the AI (which appears to be the same drones as always) and the sound (in my opinion GT has never got the sound of the cars right with a few exceptions).
Old 09-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Just thought I post some new pictures. Enjoy! More coming soon.
SORRY FOR THIS PICTURE BUT I JUST HAD TO DO IT!
This was taken from a batch of press releases.
ALFA!!!

They even put detail in the fucking DUCT TAPE!!!
Straight from PD's site. Also I renamed the topic.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #21
5vz-fe
Regular User

Hats off to Polyphony!!! :shock: :shock: best replay graphics in any racing game by far.

Hey Pimp Racer, maybe you should rearrange the graphics alittle
Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #22
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Hats off to Polyphony!!! :shock: :shock: best replay graphics in any racing game by far.

Hey Pimp Racer, maybe you should rearrange the graphics alittle
Talking about the graphics of the pictures? Not a bad idea.
But I dont know how to do it nor do I have the time. :roll:
Havent been on the internet of Jabbasworld lately. Been busy with too much other shit. Sucks. I'll try to get on JW this weekend and post more pictures and videos of the game if I get a chance.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #23
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hell in the meantime check this out!
Can you say an average of 200,000+ polygons per car?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24075.html

And

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24080.html

And

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24082.html
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #24
Minacious
Regular User

A couple of those aren't from the game, though I am still impressed with the ones that are.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #25
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
A couple of those aren't from the game, though I am still impressed with the ones that are.
Yeah the Porsche and that Subaru is from the new feature called Gran Turismo TV. The Best Motoring front liscense plate gives it away.

All we need to know is 16 player online and full 1080P AT 60 FRAMES PER SECOND. Also rurmor is that KY loves the G25 wheel but wants a few things added to it along with the GT logo and release that with the release of the game.

Another thing: As far as it stands rite now, people are saying the DEMO to GRAN TURISMO 5 Prolouge will be released soon and THEN Gran Turismo 5 PROLOUGE will be released this december and the ACTUAL GAME Gran Turismo 5 will be released in December of 2008. Look at this for reference:

Also

SCEE OFFICIAL PRESS-RELEASE:

28/08/2007 19:02
Start your engines for Gran Turismo™5 Prologue

New prequel an early taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3

- A taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 is here at the end of this year
- Up to 16-player online racing on PLAYSTATION®Network - a Gran Turismo first!
- Over 40 dream cars, High Definition graphics, new physics engine… and a TV channel

The real driving simulator that’s sold 50 million units is back: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital are pleased to announce Gran Turismo™5 Prologue, a prequel title showcasing the forthcoming Gran Turismo™5 for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) – available both on Blu-ray disc and as a download from PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN) at the end of this year. Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most successful global gaming franchises of the last ten years – renowned for its realism, quality of design and in-car physics technology – now, with the power of PS3™ behind it, it’s going to be unstoppable.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There’s also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.

But that’s not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, you’ll now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world’s best racetracks on PLAYSTATION®Network™ – all you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3™. Once you’re up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.

And then there’s the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo™ TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.

Key Features:

- The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces
- Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars
- Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes
- All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience
- Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online
- Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online
- My Garage - a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more
- All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)
- Gran Turismo 5 – the full title – launches in 2008. Until then, there’s enough ultra-realistic, high-speed racing in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3™ to keep your accelerator firmly to the floor for the rest of the year.
Just to give you an ideo of 16 cars. Thats a lot of fucking racers!

More than enough for me or else it will be like GTR and I will end up in a damn 10 car pile up.

Crowds?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Damn.. this is becoming more of a big piece of advertising than it is a driving simulator.

Looks damn great though.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:16 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

The problem with the G25 wheel is that the gear stick spring is too loose. It really don't feel like a manual stick.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #28
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Damn.. this is becoming more of a big piece of advertising than it is a driving simulator.

Looks damn great though.
Really. They have released too much information about the game about 1.5 years before release. I guess you can say this is Sony's "halo" franchise?

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
The problem with the G25 wheel is that the gear stick spring is too loose. It really don't feel like a manual stick.
I wouldnt know as I never used a G25. I bet RC45 can tell me all the Pro's and Con's. Also I think Alex has one as well correct?

*EDIT*
11:30 Time for bed got classes in the morning at 9.
Nite all and keep a healthy and interesting disussion. None of that Forza is better than GT or GT is better than forza or GTR PWN's all shit. Make a new thread for that. Also I will be updating the first post with more/better info of the game this weekend if time permits.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 AM   #29
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I meant advertising for car manufactures and their racing sponsors
Old 09-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #30
rave426
Regular User

YES!!! We must get ready to battle ONLINE..

We gotta start a Jabbasworld GT group for the online events. If possible.....